4.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly Good
I really enjoyed the first Deus games, and I hoped this wouldnt be a huge let down following my current love for other similar titles such as Mass Effect 2 - i'm happy to say it wasnt.

The game is atmospheric, the story is film-esque and the characters are very very good. I need to be involved in the world when I RPG like this and I was from the outset. Its not...
Published on 19 Nov 2011 by dave.P

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright
I will start by saying that I am not only reviewing this game against other such games on the market but also up against its amazing predecessors.

I played this game as a sneak. There is something very satisfying about sneaking past every single guard to get to your objective without setting off the alarms. To accomplish this I upgraded my stealth abilities to...
Published 21 months ago by Spencer

5.0 out of 5 stars Look into the future!, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Sony PS3) (Video Game)
What a game! A long interesting story, good voice acting and music drag you into the future.. And it feels real!

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 16 April 2013
This review is from: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Sony PS3) (Video Game)
Case and disc in great condition.
It was a present for my boyfriend and he thinks it's a brilliant stealth game. He got loads of time and fun out of it.
I even loved just watching the gameplay and the cut scenes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game!!!, 8 April 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Hello,

Deus Ex Human Revolution is an amazing game! It feels like a combination of Metal Gear Solid, Mass Effect, older Deus Ex and Fallout and at the end it becomes a bit Resident Evil!
The game makes you feel like watching a movie, each character has his own background, the story keeps you going, graphics are really well, music is great and you have many ways to complete a mission and not just a single one.
Many weapons, a lot of upgrades, you can not decide which skill you will use first!
Cool enemies and really nice Boss fights!
You will have to take decisions in game, that will affect the story line.
If you want to play this game at the maximum I suggest you play it as much stealth as you can and try not to kill anyone! The Difficulty level goes wild like that!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but not worth full price, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Sony PS3) (Video Game)
I enjoyed this game. I was looking for something a little different from the usual meat grinder FPS games and thought I'd give this a go. I played the original, though I don't remember it so I wont compared.

PROS
-Customise weapons and character
-Multiple solutions to problems (hacking, sneaking, fighting)
-Multiple endings; there are four endings and I understand these vary depending on good, bad or neutral playthrough

Cons
-Feels dated
-Too short
-Too easy, first playthrough I completed this on hardest difficulty and collected most of the trophies (including pacifist)
-Some of the Augmentations are near enough compulsary to complete the game and others are near useless.
-The bonus edition doesn't add much

Summary
I enjoyed it, but I feel that maybe that's because I only paid £5 for the experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars I recommend you to give this a try even if you ..., 18 Sep 2014
This review is from: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Sony PS3) (Video Game)
I wasn't sure about playing this game as I am not into sneaking but I was quite surprised I ended up enjoying. I recommend you to give this a try even if you don't like sneaking games much. Take downs are really fun to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game. Love the story line and the graphics ..., 5 Dec 2014
This review is from: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Sony PS3) (Video Game)
Great game. Love the story line and the graphics still hold up. For the price it is a great deal

4.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Short and Disappointing, 30 Oct 2011
Erastes (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Sony PS3) (Video Game)
*snort* that's not the first time a woman has said that, either.

Anyone who knows me and games knows that I have finished few games. I'm still blundering around with Oblivion, and Fable glitched and I'm stuck about a quarter of the way through. I never even finished Tomb Raider One....

So, when I do finish a game I do feel accomplished--even if playing it on easy--but I've just finished Deus Ex Human Revolution and I feel .. well, women will know.

Deus Ex the original game--whilst with appalling graphics--was such an amazing, long, deep deep game it really gave a sense of satisfaction. Whereas the fact that I've finished this game in, what? Under a week playing very much part-time--shows that a hardcore gamer could have probably done it in a weekend, no probs.

What there was was hugely enjoyable though, and I'll probably play it again, to go for the non-lethal achievements perhaps (I set out to play entirely non-lethal, but there were parts where you just thought "sod it!!!" and pulled out your plasma rifle.) and to concentrate on finding all those hidden goodies.

What I love about the game was the options--you could go in all guns blazing, but you'd have to be good at it, because the enemies are tougher than you, all the way through, but there are usually at least 3 routes to any destination, and dozens of ways to avoid the guards. You can hack into security and take control of the turret guns and robots so they mop up areas for you, you can find sneaky ways through the vents, you can use cloaking, you can facilitate sewers and rooftops. Hardly any space is unavailable to you.

But what I didn't like (apart from the shortness) was the fact that the boss fights were set up ONLY for "all guns blazing." There were some options which didn't include firing, such as throwing explosive barrels at the first guy--but in general, they were firefights. And if you had just set your character up (with weapons and augmentations) to be the best stealth operative he can be, generally I wasn't equipped for a firefight, coming to a boss with little more than a HB pencil and pockets of string. There should have been the same options for the bosses that there were for the main game, the only one was the last one, which was stupidly easy. Hack the panel then hide in a cupboard until the boss blows herself up.

So, yes, recommended, but get a cheap copy like I did.

2.0 out of 5 stars crushingly dull (or it maybe me...), 20 Mar 2012
Kevin Ryan - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Sony PS3) (Video Game)
It must just be me, as this game has received incredible acclaim (and perhaps I'm not playing it correctly), but I find it incredibly dull. It seems to consist of moving boxes around, looking for cans of beer, and skulking around corners. I'm not a games expert, and I tend to go for open world games like infamous, prototype and batman, so perhaps this wasn't the game for me. Fundamentally, nothing of interest has happened so far in the game for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect game, 25 April 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Sony PS3) (Video Game)
This is realy great game if You like Cyber Future. It takes You there, and gives You unforgetfull impressions of that world. There You have a chance to solve almost every situation in several different ways, and You are free to choose, which way fits You best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb atmosphere, strong gameplay, 21 Feb 2012
This review is from: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Sony PS3) (Video Game)
The soundtrack is one of the best I've experienced on a game to date. The story was fully engaging and backed by well executed gameplay mechanics. Characters were nicely portrayed, with Adam leading as a superb character to play as. The only fault I can think of was the replayability factor: though multiple playthroughs are encouraged by the xp/skills system in place, the key element here (the story) lost its edge after completion and I found it difficult at least in the short term to want to playthrough again in full.

Overall, a very worthy title that deserves heaps of praise in my book!

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Sony PS3)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Sony PS3) by Square Enix (PlayStation 3)