on 17 January 2011
This album is brilliant. I first bought his last album 'Catch 22' and found it to be very good so decided to buy this album 'Third Strike'. I liked Tinchy Stryder because of his relatively 'clean' rap about his life, fans etc. This album I feel is a bit darker where it sounds more gangster.
The GOOD: An amazing line up of featured artists such as tinnie tempah, professor Green, Eric Turner, Chipmunk...
The BAD: A bit more gangster than last album with some tracks using the slang 'n****r'

OVERALL: If you liked his last album then definetely buy this one as its still great! If you didnt like his last album then STILL buy this one because it has some different style tracks. All in all if you like ANY of Tinchy Stryder songs then definetely GET THIS ALBUM because EVERY song sounds like it should be a hit!
on 10 December 2011
The aptly named Third Strike is Tinchy's third full studio album and it`s a cracker! I got into Tinchy Stryder after listening to Number 1 with N-Dubz and then after I heard You're not alone I went ahead and bought Catch 22 which I loved from the start. Tinchy's clever lyrics and catchy well-balanced tunes won me over and I've never looked back! After hearing Catch 22 and how many amazing songs were on that album I thought it was going to be hard to beat. Although this album took a little bit of growing on me before I could fully appreciate it, it's a great album. Whereas Catch 22 was a lot more pop sounding and attention grabbing this album's songs are more toned down but still strong. It also seems to me like there were more songs on Catch 22 about relationships and stuff whereas this album seems to focus more on Tinchy's career and how he made it.

The album artwork with Tinchy's reflection on a tower block says it all. It's big and it grabs your attention just like the music. I like the symbol which is featured on the CD and the artwork is pretty cool but I'm not impressed about there being no full song lyrics in the booklet unlike with the last album. That would've been appreciated.

The album kick-starts with Take the world which is a pretty ambitious title to start us off and it doesn't disappoint. It's got big sounds and a great chorus with some very nice vocals from Bridget Kelly. When I first heard the 1st single In my system I was definitely not impressed but after listening to it on the album the song's definitely grown on me and it's a pretty catchy tune with a welcome appearance by one Jodi Connor (even though she`s not credited for it on the back of the album). Famous is one of the strongest and my favourite song on the album. It's got so much attitude and clever lyrics as well as a chorus which makes you wanna bang your head. I'm a huge fan of that guitar riff underneath the song. It's brilliant! Tommorrow is one of the lesser noticeable tunes and doesn't really grab me but Tinchy gives us a story and some sincere lyrics. Gangsta? is another song I wasn't a fan of when I first heard it and I still don't think it's one of the better songs here. There was far too much cursing in it for my liking and even though I've got used to that it just doesn't show the better side of Tinchy. It's nothing like he's ever done before and it's quite a smart song with the implied content which I'm sure many will and do like. Stereo sun is the first of 2 appearances by Eric Turner. It's not a song that grabbed me initially but it's a pretty good tune with a nice performance from Turner. Second chance is another song with Taio Cruz (after Take me back) and I think it`s a pretty good tune. It goes over to the pop side more than any other song on the record but I think a lot of people will appreciate that. I think it's as good as Take me back with happier lyrical content. Never know is about how people disrespect Tinchy in the music business. It's pretty good but not one of the best songs. Game over was bound to be popular with the fans because it's got so many guest appearances. It's a song to watch out for and at 5:20 is the longest song on the album. Some of it I like and some of it I don't. I think Giggs' lyrics are bad but Devlin, Tinie Tempah and Example do good. Chipmunk makes an appearance with some racist lyrics but he did much better in We got dem. Finally Tinchy comes in at the end! Let it rain another single is one of the best on here. Melanie Fonda does a great vocal performance in the chorus and I`m a big fan of the snare drum backdrop. Tinchy's lyrics are inspiring and he does a brilliant job. Remember is one of the weaker tunes but it's one that'll probably grown on you. This is an example of how Tinchy reverts back to the older grime sound rather than mixing it with pop like with a lot of Catch 22 and partially with this album. Together is another favourite of mine and one of the strongest with a very nice performance from the beautiful (looks and voice!) Alexis Jordan. The lyrics are sincere and sweet and it's a song you can just relate to. It's one of the only relationship songs on here which is why I probably appreciate it so much because it makes a fresh change. Til the end features Amelle who featured on Never leave you (which went to number 1 in the chart). It's a pretty good song but it's definitely not as catchy or as memorable as Never leave you. My last try is the other song with Eric Turner who helps makes this song flavoured and likeable. It features good lyrics including a name-check to Michael Jackson and has the memorable lyrics `I gotta leave wiv a bang; ignite`. That's not all though because there's an unlisted bonus track! It's again about Tinchy's career. I guess the title would be 'This road'. It's a good song but not one of the best.

I feel like this album is a development for Tinchy. He went from a very grime sound in Star in the hood to a much more pop sound with Catch 22 and this album seems to mix both themes. Although it's not immediately as loveable and exciting as Catch 22 is, it is definitely a strong album with some great, powerful and memorable songs.
on 2 October 2011
This album is Literally Consciously Lyrically Earth Shatteringly Mind Blowing!!!!!

This CD is most appropriately titled "Third Strike" because every song is a potential hit! The entire album track after track after track is a hit after hit after hit! I'm not even exagerating at all.

This is a MUST HAVE CD! This album hits the ground running opening the path for the new sound of the new decade. Song after song after song without skipping a single track all danceable in your home your car et cetera.

Oh pay attention to the conscious lyrics they are Earth shattering!

For 2010 the only other album that compares is Tinie Tempah's Disc-Overy. Both these albums should be played at full blast loud volume preferrably in a residential area.
on 1 October 2011
This album is most appropriately titled "Third Strike" because every song is a potential hit! The entire album track after track after track is a hit after hit after hit! I'm not even exagerating at all.

Oh pay attention to the conscious lyrics they are Earth shattering!

on 31 December 2010
Its not like his previos album. Its more grime and dance inoraited, the album may grow on you. Tinchys updated styled album may be one to get....... if it ever goes on offer or is either under 6 pound.
on 7 October 2011
I love Tinchy Stryder. He has great crossover appeal and should consider making his way across the pond to have a bigger impact on the US charts. Collaborations with Taio Cruz and others should make it easier for that to happen. If he comes to Los Angeles for concert I will definitely be there.
on 13 August 2013
Mint CD, Mint Cover, Mint Artist/s, Awesome Song/s, Well Played, Nothing entirely wrong with this CD, Reason for buying it cos i loved this Person's/Peoples Music.
on 9 January 2011
His most creative album, his 3rd album and maybe his best so far, his 1st album star in the hood was tuff but this album third strike maybe better. must have