on 3 March 2012
I bought these speakers after reading the reviews and I am not disappointed. They are amazing and the sound quality is excellent considering they are so small. I have bought travel speakers before, but these are far better. I would definitely recommend them.
I was looking for a speaker for my mp3 players, one I could slip in my handbag which isn't that small but this speaker is too big for that.

Width about 20cm. Depth 10cm.
The base slopes so the case is higher at the back. 5cm front. 8cm back.

The space inside - if you don't put sunglasses in will fit my three mp3 players. used for audiblebooks/music/classical music, a couple of clear plastic holders containing memory cards and a USB charger cable for them but unfortunately not their USB charger plug. I could also have put in a push-in head phone set but unfortunately they always drop out of my ears.

There is a flap inside to protect the speaker from whatever you put inside the case and there are two elastic straps to keep things from moving around. There's a cable attached inside the case to connect to my mp3 player and I can zip the case up with a small device inside and listen to my audible books or music without my mp3 player being on show.

The attached cable is 36 cm long so you can zip the speaker case up and have the cable hanging out to fit into a socket on a Kindle or any other device with a earphone socket that fits.

The sound is ok, not too sharp and not too soft but I had to turn up the volume on my mp3 players from what I have it set for use with my headphones as of course the speaker is competing with other household noises.

The only thing I don't like is that you can only use batteries with it - I've been trying to cut down on my use of those.

Hope knowing the size will help people. It'll fit in a beach bag but not a handbag.
on 29 December 2012
Inexpensive, quickly delivered, and ideal for putting on the bathroom shelf (well away from the water and with the ipod inside) so you can listen to some choons(!) whilst soaking. The volume is controlled from the music player, which is connected via the 3.5mm headphone socket to the speakers. The speakers' loudness won't hurt your ears, but they produce a sound which is reasonably clear and pleasant, with a decent range of low and high frequencies represented.
They're not perfect, but then, they're cheap to buy and they'll accommodate your sunglasses if need be.
on 27 April 2011
This is a fantastic product. The product looks exactly like the photo ... it looks like a slightly large sunglass case. It is really cleverly designed: you can fit your sunglasses inside, but I actually can just fit my iPod in the case and an extra set of AA batteries (not really necessary).

The sound is very good for such small speakers. Whilst larger speakers may be louder, these are loud enough to fill a 20-by-25-foot room full of sound; the quality is good. They also sound very good when used in the car.

The two batteries that came with the speakers have so far lasted for more than 15 hours of playing time, and that does not include the fact that I mistakenly left the speakers turned on for a day without use.

I am so pleased that I am buying another set for use at a vacation house.
0Comment20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 April 2013
Having read the other reviews quick i think I expected the sound quality to be a little better. Its is fine but a little tinny, though no worse than you would expect from something which has the appearance of a pencil case. I did very little research before buying and had not really thought through the fact that it is only battery powered so you need to make sure you dont forget to turn it off which is easy to do if you are going in and out of the room the way i do with mine. The bes think is that it is just so easily portable. Not a bad buy overall I guess, though in hindsight I wish i had spend a little extra and got something with a bit more power to improve the sound.
on 26 January 2013
I bought this to take with me when I go on holiday shortly to compliment my MP3 player when I hope to be lounging on the beach or relaxing in the evening and don't want to be bothered with earphones. For something so small and compact it has amazing sound quality, very impressed.
on 2 February 2015
I first used one of these last summer 2014 which was my friends who lives in Walsingham, I was there on pilgrimage and had my Ipod with me and She let me use Hers and I was so impressed that one of the the first things I done when I got back home to Liverpool was research and then order myself one from Amazon. These are so good that I bought a few more of them at the half price deal as gifts. They are back at full price now and so I won't buy any more which makes me sad because I would have continued to buy this product at the half price deal on an ongoing basis. The sound out of this is so good and the batteries last longer than you would think. I believe that this is because it used the amplifies in your audio device, Ipod etc and so the speakers are just that, 'speakers' no other electronic component uses the power from the batteries up. Of course the louder you have the volume the more power it uses but that is across the board on all devices. Historically one of the main problems with small speakers is their inability to reproduce low 'bass' frequencies and so the music would sound very tinny and un-listenable, this product does not have that problem though because of the glasses case design of the speakers which means that the speakers are in a box which acts like a little speaker cabinet which does wonders for the sound regarding the reproduction of the low 'bass' frequencies. Also the one I bought for my Niece she uses to carry Her money and keys in when she goes out on a weekend to Town for a coffee with Her school friends.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 August 2013
Bought this for my 14 year old daughter, she says it's cool, who am I to argue.........(as a sunglasses case it's a little bulky, but as a speaker system the quality of sound is quite remarkable).
on 10 November 2012
I bought these speakers for my 7" tablet, the internal amp is low power so I thought they would be good for sitting back and watching stuff.
OK this is not really what they are meant for, they are pair of speakers and a pouch for carrying your mp3 player, but they look good and are cheap, so hey why not.
My first disappointment was that the pouch could not be completely removed from the speakers, the zip does not go all the way round, so to make this into the portable device I needed I would have to take a knife to it, result is a nice thin speaker pod which fits nicely into my bag.
Sound quality is OK, handles bass well with minimal distortion, and there is no tinniness at the high end.
I would suggest a design modification, the power on switch is a slider and there is a blue LED which indicates that the power is on, this drains power. If the LED is removed and the slider is painted so when it is set to the 'on' position a red line shows, it will reduce manufacturing costs and increase battery life.
VINE VOICEon 24 October 2011