on 23 July 2014
I bought these using Amazon Prime so they arrived the day before I did a 3 day bike trip. Personally I like the flavour, and the energy boost really helped on the tough climbs (which frankly I hadnt prepared properly for).

Maybe there are more cost effective ways to maintain hydrated, & top-up your nutrition when struggling, but having used Maximuscle products previously, I felt that these would be good quality.

The convenience of the sealed sachets was really appreciated too - I kept a few in my pocket and added to my water bottle when needed.
on 23 August 2010
I've been using energy drinks for many many years and have had some success with them, however they have always had similar problems for me, too sweet, harsh on the stomach, creates too much of a boost followed by a crash, nasty flavour etc. I came across Maxifuel on the advice of a friend and thought I'd try it out. Within the first week of training I had noticed a difference. I found the energy release to be steady and long lasting, the flavour was good, not too sweet and best of all I was able to use it everyday without having any indigestion. I have stuck with it now for a few months and absolutely swear by it. I'm not the kind of person to buy into a company and it's products but I contacted them and they've been super helpful with advice on exactly how and when to use all the gear. I have now got myself some of the gels which also work brilliantly and after long rides and runs I use the recovermax which again is gentle on the stomach and really really helps. Deffo try this stuff out
on 23 August 2010
This is an absolutely fantastic sports drink. I am an endurance cyclist and use Viper Active on every ride, sipping every 10 mins or so on the bike with water in my second bottle. Viper Active is the best sport nutrition drink I have used to date. I use both the Orange and Raspberry flavours and both are great tasting and I have had no stomach upsets which can occur in other brands. Highly recommended - go get some now and see the results!
on 16 October 2014
This sports drink attracted me as I needed one for rugby.
I rate the contents of this drink overall quite satisfactory as it can be used for before, during and after sports sessions.
I do however tend to use this during as it gives a good boost.
The only drawback however is: The taste of this drink, it isn't the best but it could be better. The taste is like slightly diluted orange drink. But overall, would recommend!
on 28 August 2015
Buy this for my husband who regularly works out. He's noticed a marked difference in performance at the gym. 4 stars because the plastic jar is so much larger than the contents inside (waste of packaging) & it's not available in other flavours
on 7 August 2013
I tried this, followed the instructions yet felt no benefit whatsoever to my training. I train four times per week and follow a strict programmed cardio routine. I thought this might take me up a level or at least make my existing routine slightly easier but it didn't. I stick to water now and ensure I've had my carbs before I train.
on 30 April 2013
I bought this to replace the Lucozade powder drink which appears to have been discontinued. After getting used to the less sweet taste of this drink I am now very pleased with it, and use it each time I go for a run. I would recommend this as a good replacement for anyone else who has been unable to get hold of the Lucozade version.
on 4 March 2013
I've been taking it during my four gym sessions per week - while the drink tastes pleasant enough, It's very difficult if not impossible to say if this product does produce superior performance and endurance.
on 22 October 2012
Tried a lot of other "sports fuels" but this seems to be the best IMO. I drink it first thing in the morning mixed with protein powder on an empty stomach then straight off to the gym, 20 min cardio warmup and striaght onto the weights, viper gives me the kind of buzz that helps me push that little bit harder and it'll last throughout a full 1hr30-2hr workout. No upset stomachs and I don't feel empty at all.

I went from a friends house the other day so didn't have it with me to drink, there was a noticeable difference in my energy levels and I couldn't push as hard.

Definitely recommended if you're after that little kick that helps you through a few more sets.
on 6 February 2012
Not tried any other brands to compare against but i didn't think i would notice a difference taking this product.

I was wrong!!!!!! I train in Thai boxing and BJJ 4 times a week and also work long hours with long distance driving so getting motivated for training can be hard at times especially being winter. After 1 week of use for extra energy boost and pushing my myself in training i can 100% recommend this product.

Didn't feel as tired when doing my usual circuit training,i had more energy to push to the end for each round, i even had a few people ask me if i had changed my diet or been coming along more often as my fitness has improved. (didn't think it would make that much of a difference over having just water)

I have not come across any downsides after taking Maxifuel multiple times a week, did noticed i felt a little more tired after training but thats because i am probably pushing my self past my comfort zone and getting fitter.

I have not used the product during and after exercise so i cannot comment on the results but i am very happy with Maxifuel and will continue to use the product as its also very easy to drink and takes ok for a energy drink.