4.0 out of 5 stars Raw Food friend! Does the job & great for the price
Published on 5 May 2012 by agua manuka

Very disappointing, I was really looking forward to using this gadget. It was wonderful for courgettes but practically impossible for anything harder such as carrots & raw beetroot and left little curly pieces of metal in the veg.
Published 2 months ago by rhod gilbert's granny

4.0 out of 5 stars Raw Food friend! Does the job & great for the price, 5 May 2012
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this as an addition to my Raw Food set up and am pleased with it. It took me a little while to find it as I was searching using its common name of Spirooli but eventually realized this was the same product. I had asked about it on a raw food website & I got one reply saying that this wasn't good & recommending I bought the Benriner Cooks Help version which is a hell of a lot more expensive on here although possibly cheaper elsewhere. I decided I would give this one a go first as I didn't want to pay £80 for something I didn't know if I would use a lot.
I have seen other reviews about it being flimsy and moving about etc. My experience is that if you use the feet suckers (which I admit I didnt even notice until I'd already used it a couple of times!)it can still slide over but not so much to cause any major inconvenience or to prevent the job getting done.
It is brilliant for courgettes & softer veg, I also found it handled sweet potato okay although I got more little cuts & less 'tagliatelle' than I would have liked, but that could have be my technique! I'd have like to use butternut squash but found that it struggled with the shape of the veg, again that may improve with practice.
Overall I would be happy to recommend the product, if you are going raw but aren't sure or don't want to spend a fortune then this will give you raw 'pastas' at a reasonable cost. It would also be a great tool for making various vegetables look more attractive for kids. The possible downsides are that you can not adjust the thickness of the strands as you can with some more expensive models & I've heard it may be the case that those models would get more out of the veg but this is a very reasonable product at a reasonable price. If you find you don't end up using it much you haven't spent a fortune, whereas the £80 mark is a lot to shell out if you aren't sure. I may upgrade in the future after doing more research into the other models available but for now I am really happy & enjoying delicious raw courgette spaghetti!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product - especially if you're trying to eat low-carb!, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)
From the first use my husband and I were bowled over by this product. We're on a low-carb diet, which we find effective but obviously it limits the kinds of meals you can have. The Spiralizer gives us a simple, and quick alternative to pasta/noodles allowing us to keep eating meals we like which we otherwise couldn't. So far we've tried courgettes, broccoli stems and butternut squash and found they all work well, although the courgettes (dubbed courgetti in our house) are our favourite. Most of the veg doesn't even need cooking if you're going to use it as pasta as it will warm through in the sauce. Couldn't be happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product!, 28 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)
This is a great product! Creates lovely courgette/potato/carrot noodles and is ideal for making homemade coleslaw etc. It's also really easy to clean. Thoroughly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars great kitchen tool, 15 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)
It does what it says in the box, great kitchen tool, easy to clean, takes a bit of space but if you like raw eating it's well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great once you get the hang of it!, 13 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)
Once I had a few tries this product instantly became something I use everyday! Although it looks cheap it works like a charm. Fun to get the kids involved too.

4.0 out of 5 stars SO FAR SO GOOD, 25 April 2015
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)
I've only just received this & made some courgette ribbons marinated in garlic & chillie. This I placed on the top of a steak. I tucked in, delicious. My husband enjoyed the linguini on top of a tuna steak - we were eating the same thing!!! Good for making interesting veggie dishes or side dishes. Will experiment more but I would say not an essential piece of kitchen equipment but an interesting addition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good gadget, 9 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)
Bought as a gift for vegetarian daughter-in -law, she loves it. I too have one and find it very useful

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing since sliced bread is Courgetti, and then sweet potato curly fries., 7 July 2014
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)

3.0 out of 5 stars It was wonderful for courgettes but practically impossible for anything harder such ..., 8 Mar. 2015

4.0 out of 5 stars Vegetable Spiralizer, 20 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)
Spiralizer is brilliant, delivery was quick. Loved this product, it makes salads much more fun.

Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz