4.0 out of 5 stars Raw Food friend! Does the job & great for the price
Published on 5 May 2012 by agua manuka

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good
It's okay - a bit fiddly to clean, not hard, just our zink is not massive, so awkward to clean the thing. It is great for making spaghetti with courgettes, so does what I bought it for. I use it every week. Good for salads too. Still have to try potatoes etc.
Published 7 months ago by Elise

4.0 out of 5 stars Raw Food friend! Does the job & great for the price, 5 May 2012
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this as an addition to my Raw Food set up and am pleased with it. It took me a little while to find it as I was searching using its common name of Spirooli but eventually realized this was the same product. I had asked about it on a raw food website & I got one reply saying that this wasn't good & recommending I bought the Benriner Cooks Help version which is a hell of a lot more expensive on here although possibly cheaper elsewhere. I decided I would give this one a go first as I didn't want to pay £80 for something I didn't know if I would use a lot.
I have seen other reviews about it being flimsy and moving about etc. My experience is that if you use the feet suckers (which I admit I didnt even notice until I'd already used it a couple of times!)it can still slide over but not so much to cause any major inconvenience or to prevent the job getting done.
It is brilliant for courgettes & softer veg, I also found it handled sweet potato okay although I got more little cuts & less 'tagliatelle' than I would have liked, but that could have be my technique! I'd have like to use butternut squash but found that it struggled with the shape of the veg, again that may improve with practice.
Overall I would be happy to recommend the product, if you are going raw but aren't sure or don't want to spend a fortune then this will give you raw 'pastas' at a reasonable cost. It would also be a great tool for making various vegetables look more attractive for kids. The possible downsides are that you can not adjust the thickness of the strands as you can with some more expensive models & I've heard it may be the case that those models would get more out of the veg but this is a very reasonable product at a reasonable price. If you find you don't end up using it much you haven't spent a fortune, whereas the £80 mark is a lot to shell out if you aren't sure. I may upgrade in the future after doing more research into the other models available but for now I am really happy & enjoying delicious raw courgette spaghetti!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product - especially if you're trying to eat low-carb!, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)
From the first use my husband and I were bowled over by this product. We're on a low-carb diet, which we find effective but obviously it limits the kinds of meals you can have. The Spiralizer gives us a simple, and quick alternative to pasta/noodles allowing us to keep eating meals we like which we otherwise couldn't. So far we've tried courgettes, broccoli stems and butternut squash and found they all work well, although the courgettes (dubbed courgetti in our house) are our favourite. Most of the veg doesn't even need cooking if you're going to use it as pasta as it will warm through in the sauce. Couldn't be happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, easy to clean, nice gadget, 10 Feb. 2015
niki j turner "njturner" (Surrey) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)
Amazing, I can't believe I didn't get around to buying one of these before now. It is great. I made courgette "pasta" to use in a salad. It was easy to achieve by using this machine. It is cleverly designed and easy to wash. I have only washed it by hand and not used the dishwasher but it is really easy to clean by just running warm water over the individual pieces that come apart. Word of warning though just be careful of the blades as they are super duper sharp. I have only cut courgettes and red cabbage. It was slightly tricky to get the hang of it but I soon caught on. The courgettes landed up in long strips of pasta thickness strips and when I was finished with the courgette I was left with a small round piece from the place I pushed the courgette into to hold it in place to "Spiralize" It did fall off twice and I had to reattach it but I think with more use it will stay on better.
The machine seems like it is not that tough but it is. There are two extra chopping blades in different designs/thickness and they fit neatly into the tray and come out easily. It is easy to replace the blade you require by just popping it up and it comes out easily. I am not sure if any other vegetables are suitable for this machine but I think potatoes and courgettes are perfect. Messing around I cut a radish and it ended up looking like a little toadstool when I had finished (Hmm something for another day hehe)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing since sliced bread is Courgetti, and then sweet potato curly fries., 7 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great once you get the hang of it!, 13 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)
Once I had a few tries this product instantly became something I use everyday! Although it looks cheap it works like a charm. Fun to get the kids involved too.

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)
As a Paleo follower i don't eat pasta so I use this to cut veggies into taggliatelli and spaghetti shapes which i then steam. Easy to clean and store too

4.0 out of 5 stars Just needs some fine tuning from the user, 29 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)
Just needs some fine tuning from the user, but is is getting better and the results are quite interesting, food looks more interesting and consequently seems to taste better. It's in the eyes of the beholder.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product!, 28 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)
This is a great product! Creates lovely courgette/potato/carrot noodles and is ideal for making homemade coleslaw etc. It's also really easy to clean. Thoroughly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Vegetable Spiralizer, 20 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)
Spiralizer is brilliant, delivery was quick. Loved this product, it makes salads much more fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars different, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Spiralite Vegetable Spiralizer by Spiralz (Kitchen & Home)
well after seeing it on raw foods thought it would be good to invest in one as you have a few more options for doing courgette spaghetti etc which is you don't like or can't have pasta then this could be the next best thing.I love mine and wouldn't be without it.