4.0 out of 5 stars Raw Food friend! Does the job & great for the price
Published on 5 May 2012 by agua manuka

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good
It's okay - a bit fiddly to clean, not hard, just our zink is not massive, so awkward to clean the thing. It is great for making spaghetti with courgettes, so does what I bought it for. I use it every week. Good for salads too. Still have to try potatoes etc.
Published 4 months ago by Elise

4.0 out of 5 stars Raw Food friend! Does the job & great for the price, 5 May 2012
This review is from: Vegetable Spiralizer (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this as an addition to my Raw Food set up and am pleased with it. It took me a little while to find it as I was searching using its common name of Spirooli but eventually realized this was the same product. I had asked about it on a raw food website & I got one reply saying that this wasn't good & recommending I bought the Benriner Cooks Help version which is a hell of a lot more expensive on here although possibly cheaper elsewhere. I decided I would give this one a go first as I didn't want to pay £80 for something I didn't know if I would use a lot.
I have seen other reviews about it being flimsy and moving about etc. My experience is that if you use the feet suckers (which I admit I didnt even notice until I'd already used it a couple of times!)it can still slide over but not so much to cause any major inconvenience or to prevent the job getting done.
It is brilliant for courgettes & softer veg, I also found it handled sweet potato okay although I got more little cuts & less 'tagliatelle' than I would have liked, but that could have be my technique! I'd have like to use butternut squash but found that it struggled with the shape of the veg, again that may improve with practice.
Overall I would be happy to recommend the product, if you are going raw but aren't sure or don't want to spend a fortune then this will give you raw 'pastas' at a reasonable cost. It would also be a great tool for making various vegetables look more attractive for kids. The possible downsides are that you can not adjust the thickness of the strands as you can with some more expensive models & I've heard it may be the case that those models would get more out of the veg but this is a very reasonable product at a reasonable price. If you find you don't end up using it much you haven't spent a fortune, whereas the £80 mark is a lot to shell out if you aren't sure. I may upgrade in the future after doing more research into the other models available but for now I am really happy & enjoying delicious raw courgette spaghetti!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great once you get the hang of it!, 13 Jan 2012
This review is from: Vegetable Spiralizer (Kitchen & Home)
Once I had a few tries this product instantly became something I use everyday! Although it looks cheap it works like a charm. Fun to get the kids involved too.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good, 28 July 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems promising, 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: Vegetable Spiralizer (Kitchen & Home)
It definitely spiralises beautifully, but once you're over the novelty of that, I'm not sure how much I'll use it. I haven't managed yet to just slice anything, but it spiralised an onion very thinly, and I just cut it with scissors to make a garnish for pizza. It's very easy to clean, and I like the way the blades fit inside.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vegetable Spiralizer, 20 Sep 2010
This review is from: Vegetable Spiralizer (Kitchen & Home)
Spiralizer is brilliant, delivery was quick. Loved this product, it makes salads much more fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars Curly Veggies, 25 Dec 2014
prisrob "pris," (New England USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Vegetable Spiralizer (Kitchen & Home)
With this Spiralizer Tri Blade, you really get what you pay for. It arrived well packaged and then encased in a plastic covering. There were no instructions in the box, buttered were some on the outside of the box. However, I find this a negative, instructions should always a company a product that has blades.

That said, this Spiralizer was easy to use. I placed the vegetable,mused a zucchini, on the prongs of the wheel and turned the wheel while pushing the base toward the vertical julienne blade, continuous spiral strands and curled julienne strips are created. The slicer is made of plastic and comes with 3 sets of blades with either 1/8" (3mm), 1/4" (6mm) spacing and a straight blade for ribbon cuts. It takes a great deal of pressure using any veg or fruit that may be a little hard. There are suction cups on the bottom of the Spiralizer to keep it in place on the counter. The blades can all be kept in the Spiralizer, itself. Of course, hand washing carefully is advised.

I wanted to make spaghetti using zucchini, and this worked very well, a little fresh parmesan cheese grated on top, and what a delightful meal. I hope to yes it tomorrow with potatoes for a nice casserole.

Recommended. prisrob 12-24-14

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Vegetable Spiralizer (Kitchen & Home)
As a Paleo follower i don't eat pasta so I use this to cut veggies into taggliatelli and spaghetti shapes which i then steam. Easy to clean and store too

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Vegetable Spiralizer (Kitchen & Home)
Brilliant way to use courgettes. Turned them into spaghetti. Very sturdy easy to clean piece of equipment. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
very good

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing since sliced bread is Courgetti, and then sweet potato curly fries., 7 July 2014

Vegetable Spiralizer