4.0 out of 5 stars I laughed all the way through
i saw this at the cinema - the reviews were terrible but I'm used to critics "not getting" bollywood and humour.
Published on 2 July 2010 by cusally

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great
Not a good film, I think I set my hopes too high because of some of the comedy names and actors in the film. But it was boring and very much B movie level. The 'special effects' and 'ghosts' make up look like they were made out of flour and water. The whole effect of the film? It had potential to be what it looks like on the cover, be in actual fact, its not very good!
Published on 5 Feb 2011 by Hopesagoodthing

4.0 out of 5 stars I laughed all the way through, 2 July 2010
This review is from: It's A Wonderful Afterlife [DVD] (DVD)
it was a bit slow in places - with panoramic sweeps of the city etc, but clearly that is to be of interest overseas. The plot was good, the one liners were superb, and the black humour very funny. Yes its about murder, but humourous murder - who could quibble about that when there are so many vile violent films out there ?
and the food fight - if you can call it that, was very funny indeed, the slowmotion poppadoms shattering everywhere, the sag aloo splattering down, very very funny, very arty and yet had an inner dignity
still giggle at the vegetarian ghost who complains that she has been murdered with a meat skewer - you could have used a paneer skewer she plaintively cries.
my only negaitive remark is that some of the minor characters were rather one dimemsional - the police are UK police but they behave just like indian police would in a film, so again I'd guess that is for the export market
I'm ordering the DVD so my mum can watch it with me, she is going to love it too

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 18 Aug 2010
This review is from: It's A Wonderful Afterlife [DVD] (DVD)
I was put off watching this by all the negative reviews and totally regret that now because it is a fabulous movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh-out-loud and feel good!, 19 Jan 2011
This review is from: It's A Wonderful Afterlife [DVD] (DVD)
I went to see this movie after returning from my first visit to India and feeling very 'homesick'! It had me laughing throughout. It is a bit silly and bizarre in places, but overall is really entertaining, with a lovely feel-good ending! Relating to some of the Indian phrases/food/jokes, etc, I picked up on holiday there, made this film even more funny and personal! Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and funny, 4 Mar 2013
H. Eves (Tyne & Wear, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: It's A Wonderful Afterlife [DVD] (DVD)
I read about this film online and thought it looked good so I boughton the off chance what I had read was true. It was! I really enjoyed the film, from the comedy to the romance. Good acting and funny story, wish there were more movies like this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars murderously funny in an innocent way!, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: It's A Wonderful Afterlife [DVD] (DVD)
I have not laughed so much in ages! Watched this film late at night and immediately came on Amazon to order it as know my family will love it! Great fun low budget film! Great cast! Very silly plot, wonderfully acted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 25 Sep 2013
Great dvd
Really funny film - loved the characters in it
Plenty of laughs had watching this film - recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars A Greatly Underrated Comedy, 10 Feb 2013
A. Barlow (Barnsley, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: It's A Wonderful Afterlife [DVD] (DVD)
Funny and charming, this is a light-hearted comedy that is not to be taken too seriously. It's got a stellar cast and is definitely worth a watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this film, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: It's A Wonderful Afterlife [DVD] (DVD)
A really funny film has a family we have watched it many times although the mother murders many people even the victims offer to help her

5.0 out of 5 stars A good film, 9 Jun 2012
This review is from: It's A Wonderful Afterlife [DVD] (DVD)
The description on the back of the DVD, Big Fat Greek Wedding meets Shaun of the Dead, was apt. I watched this with my teenage daughter and we both enjoyed it. Yet another great film from Gurinder Chadha.
Simple plot with plenty of humour and a good cast.

4.0 out of 5 stars Offbeat fun, 3 May 2012
This review is from: It's A Wonderful Afterlife [DVD] (DVD)
Shaun Of The Dead meets East Is East meets Ghost Town in this humourous comedy. If you enjoyed any or all of those movies, then this is definitely worth an hour and a half of your time.

It's A Wonderful Afterlife [DVD]
It's A Wonderful Afterlife [DVD] by Gurinder Chadha (DVD - 2010)