5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent build quality with a couple of niggles
The proven track record of 360 games and the XBox Live experience is well documented - so I'm not going to review this side of things. Quite frankly the software experience on the 360 is second to none. Its hardware history over the years has been plagued with RROD failure and noisy hardware operation.

My thoughts on the new 360 compared to the old. The only...
Published on 19 July 2010 by R

3.0 out of 5 stars Not much different from the old 360.
I mainly bought this for the bigger hard drive. My old xbox only had a 20GB hard drive and I was thinking about just buying a 120GB hard drive, but then I thought why not buy the new xbox. The 250GB hard drive on this is more than enough for anyone, and I love the inbuilt wifi. A definite improvement from the old xbox. Not sure if it's worth all the money though...
Published 20 months ago by Matt

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok but could be mutch better!, 18 May 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 250GB Console (Video Game)
Nice consolle, silent fun, fast start and shoot down, good exclusive (GOW is the best), xbox live easy but......

1) Why i CAN'T copy my films, photos and mp3 on the HD !!! (included family films etc..). 250gb HD without purpose.

2) I have to pay to game online!?!??!?!?! it's incredible. To play online you must subscribe a gold xlive and pay.

I have also a PS3: i can copy my films music photos without problem on HD.
I can play online without pay.

If you have no consolle and want to buy one buy PS3
If you want consolle works as multimedia station buy a PS3
If you have a PS3 and want to play Gears of Wars buy a XBOX360

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not choose this seller !, 3 Oct. 2011
amazoner (mumbai, india) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox 360 250GB Console (Video Game)
It is unfortunate that the seller does not put out the details of its delivery partner before you place an order. The delivery company , CityLink, is extremely unreliable and unhelpful in all matters and is not to be trusted. I ordered this as a birthday gift for my spouse.. and not only did it fail to arrive, the courier company refuses to put up any tracking information. It is impossible to get through to them via their contact number either.

If you wish to receive this item urgently, please look elsewhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars MORE OF A MOVIE PLAYER THAN A GAMES CONSOLE, 11 Feb. 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 250GB Console (Video Game)
Xbox 360 Some Say - Is The Best Thing "Since Sliced Bread" Well, I Beg To Differ...Because Its Frankly Rather Boring. Yep, I'll Admit, Some Games Are Good. "But Come On" Those Games Are Multi-Format And The So-Called Big Exclusives Are Totally Ridiculous And Graphically Inferior To The Pc. Not Only That, You Can Buy Microsoft's Exclusive "Big Hitters" On The Pc. Yes, It May Take Between 6-12 Months For Those Games To Be Released From Xbox 360 To Pc But Come On...Its Really Not An Essential Purchase "Is It".

Like I Said, The Exclusive Games Are Awful. But I'm Not Going To Talk About Them "Oh No" Nope, If You Want To Know What I Think About Xbox 360 Games, "Read My Reviews" I'm Sure You'll Be Shocked On How I Don't Hold Back On My Opinions. If Something Is Crap, I'll Say It's Crap. I Shoot Straight And Shoot To Kill.

I Start By Saying, This Review Is For All My Doubters Who Think I'm Not A Xbox 360 Owner. Well, Sadly I'am, And You Can See My Amazon Verified Purchase Tag "So Bad Luck There People". The Joys Of Being A Xbox 360 Owner Are A Mixed Bag. I'll Admit, I Do Like Original Games But I Say...No To Cod/Gears Of War Clones Because They Bore Me In Ways "You Can't Possibly Imagine" I Will Have Reviews Up On The Games I Like In A Few Days.

For The Most Part, My Xbox 360 Is Used For Movie Rentals Direct From Xbox Live. I Also Rent Games A Lot, But They Are Not Available Via Xbox Live Download, So B********** (Sorry Amazon Doesn't Allow Other Stores To Be Named) It Is Then. The Choice Of Movie Rentals Were At First, Quite Limited. But It Is Improving, And As Of Last Year 3RD Party Companies Now Offer Their Services. So Definitely Much Better.

The Quality Of The Xbox 360 Itself Is Better Than Its Predecessor. So Rather Than A Awful White Finish, Its A Rather Sleek Black With Chrome Power Button And Top/Bottom Edge Trim. However, I Think The Hard Drive Could Be Better, I Wasn't Impressed With Just 250GB, And Awwwwwwwww Than There's No Blu-Ray DVD Player...Nooooo, Why Man?

Overall, I Think Its A Average Console And Needs Vast Improvement On The Gaming Side.

4 Out Of 10

3.0 out of 5 stars No order received, 22 Oct. 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 250GB Console (Video Game)
I cannot possibly review this order as I never received it. repeated emails sent, but no response. Item was paid for. Have taken steps through my bank to recover the said amount (Mastercard)

1.0 out of 5 stars Still not good enough, 10 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Xbox 360 250GB Console (Video Game)
The system is STILL too loud. The console is a lot quieter, but the PSU roars like a jet engine still.
The glossy finish is a real pain in the backside too. I find myself constantly polishing it to remove fingerprints and dust.
The machine only plays DVD's - no blu-ray compatibility, and the hard drive is proprietary, meaning you won't be able to pop in an upgraded one on the cheap from PC world like you can on the PS3.
The control pad suffers from a poor D-Pad (which Microsoft will rectify next year for an additional £40)

On the plus side, I'm pleased to see that Microsoft have finally decided to include Wi-Fi out of the box and the exra USB ports are a welcome addition.

3.0 out of 5 stars No real reason to upgrade., 23 Aug. 2010
Clashcity Rocker "Clashcity Rocker" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 250GB Console (Video Game)
Marginally quieter, and has Wifi included, that's really about it. The build quality feels just as lousy as the older model. The Xbox360 games are also now showing their age. If you are looking to upgrade from a older 360, don't bother, if you are looking to buy new, don't bother, get a PS3, it's similar price, but MUCH better spec, better build quality and better platform exclusives.

The Xbox is starting to feel very dated now. This really does not change that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Help over xbox slim NEEDED PLZ!, 26 Feb. 2011
Tas Hussain "Tas" (Luton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 250GB Console (Video Game)
hi, i am looking to buy the new xbox 360 250gb slim but need some information with the warranty or insurance it has? does any1 know? and if so what does the warranty given cover for? does this come with the console? and also would u reccomend me to buy it? does it give problems? thank u very much!

1.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant... When it actually works., 3 Nov. 2010
M. Green - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 250GB Console (Video Game)
Pros:
looks good
quiet if you install the games to the HDD
built in WIFI receiver
brilliant fun when it works. will explain the problem in the cons.
Currently you can have an HDMI cable for free as well as a recent game for £10
Delivery is fast
no RROD

cons:
Really does over heat and even more so if you stand it up because you cover up the bottom intake vent
headset is unbelievably uncomfortable
Crashes after 45mins - 1hrs worth of play. it seems a common problem as alot of people have had this too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Same Xbox, same issue!, 23 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Xbox 360 250GB Console (Video Game)
With regular cleaning etc, I managed to keep the first generation Xbox going until about three weeks ago. The RROD finally appeared and wouldn't clear so faced with the X clamp fix or buying a new one with wireless connection etc, I decided to pay for the slim. Very quick delivery by Amazon (within 48 hours) but yep, you guessed it - the red light came on within 24 hours and it's now in Germany awaiting repair. So at least 3 weeks without what I paid for - thanks Microsoft!

Having spoken to my local gaming shop, I'm not the first. Will I buy another? No. Can I recommend it? No.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 9 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Xbox 360 250GB Console (Video Game)
Its started on the wrong foot... The delivery service was so bad and not flexible therefore I was forced to collect the Xbox be myself...
Unfortunately I bought the new XBOX 360 S, and its freezes all the time, Randomly everywhere, the first time was at the first use when I tried to do the basic settings at the beginning

After I sent emails to the support, I did all the "troubleshooting steps" and still have the same problem

Finally I was asked to send the XBOX to repair !!! Its a new machine I use it only for a few days...

In recent days I try to set up a repair order, but I get an Error screen

I dont know what will be at the end...

I will update later...

vicvic

Xbox 360 250GB Console
Xbox 360 250GB Console by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
Used & New from: £73.99