4.0 out of 5 stars Ok if you like FPS

Published 11 months ago by F. M. Havicon

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok if you like FPS, 7 Feb 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PC) (Video Game)
From the reviews I had read, this game is best played with a friend (2 player mode). I was planning to do this but found it too much of a FPS (first person shooter) for my friend to be interested (he's more of a RPG enthusiast). I thought it played quite well on single player and I liked both the plot and voice acting. I was pleased to find that the boss fights were not too tough. I don't like the games that make boss fights so difficult that you have to play them a dozen times and complete them only with 20/20 hindsight.

4.0 out of 5 stars More FPS than RPG, 27 Aug 2012
C. Braam "zaphodikus" (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PC) (Video Game)
This game is re-playable, twice. It's even sexy at times with it's dry adult humour and jibes coming from Caddoc, opposite tomboy rebuffs of the egotistic 'solo' male Caddoc from E'lara's pointy tongue. You will enjoy this pairing, or you will hate it. Play like a rogue with ranged attacks and your whits, or with Caddoc's brute force, slow but sure. Either way it's still an FPS, with leveling and character elements from the RPG gaming genre thrown in.
The story is pretty linear, and I suggest swapping characters, and finding a walkthrough on your second play-through so you can play the limited number of side quests. Remember to save often. I implore you to play Hunted twice, because the graphical environments are so rich, and to not revisit them would be your loss.

3.0 out of 5 stars superb graphics, dubious gameplay, minimum participation story, 14 Aug 2013
F. M. Havicon (Brighton, East Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PC) (Video Game)
Always a good bet that anything with the software group Bethesda attached to it will have cutting edge graphics. Here we have a beautiful and immersive world, almost like a really high budget Disney CGA feature film (as opposed to the usual low-budget rubbish), the landscape seems to glow as if backlit through a projection screen. Beyond that, you just have to sit back and be witness to the so-called RPG element, much of it is mini-movie cutaways or set pieces of dialogue and wandering about the stage sets. You feel like you're an observer only at such points. Indeed, the only time you really need to participate is when the character has to move or use weapons - everything else is taken care of. So really a game for the brain-dead rather than fans of the RPG genre where choices have to be made and complex patterns worked out. A hack and slash is really where its at, but a beautifully crafted one that keeps you playing simply to admire the artwork. And unlike many of Bethesda's games, the combat controls and implementation are actually quite good (checkout the clumsy system used in Skyrim for an example of standard Bethesda programming), though the hacking and slashing is a bit on the quick side, like the kitchen robot in the film I Robot slicing a carrot in half a second flat, and you need to get used to the archery because it's like auto-fire when you press the fire button, just shoots arrow after arrow in quick order, and you run out before you know. Ideally a co-op for two players who can be bothered to work together via networked PCs or dual controllers, the single player implementation takes a bit of getting used to.

Very much a game for players who want to sit down and be entertained by an unfolding story in which they need not participate, with the treat of doing some moving about the fighting.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, 28 April 2014
Mr. N. Wright - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PC) (Video Game)
Game is not bad for the price it was HOWEVER be aware that the cdkeys this game comes with to unlock extra bonus content do not work since gamespy is required and this has ceased. I did manage to create an account but alas the keys were unacknowledged.
Sent in a query on this to Bethesda (game owners) and in over a week I have had no reply back.
It is getting a 3 star only because of the low price, if the game sucked I would have given it a 1 star rating

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Coop Game, 28 Dec 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PC) (Video Game)
This game provides a great coop experience. I think its best played with a control pad (the xbox 360 type ones work well). Overall a good game with some nice elements but very much feels like a game made for consoles rather than PCs.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've played it but hubby hasn't, 30 Jun 2014
P. Moyes "moysp" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PC) (Video Game)
Hubby wanted to play this so I purchased it for him. Great Game Great service recommended purchase for all those who are into battle con gaming.

3.0 out of 5 stars Co-op does not work !! Only SP, 17 Jun 2014
Sashev (Bulgaria , Varna) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PC) (Video Game)
I wanted to play this game with my GF and i bought 2 copies. But recently Gamespy has stopped working and with it the option to play online co-op --- which was the reason i bought those copies .... (minus one star). I will try through LAN to see if we can play that way.
Single Player - it works just fine,but the problem is because Gamespy isn't working anymore and when you try to launch the game,it searches for it and you can't launch it(or if you do,the game crashes).So you have to play it without internet enabled.The loading times for the first times are extremely long ... about 10 - 25 min.(minus one star)
As for the game,the game is awesome.The combat is great,you can switch between the 2 characters at certain points of the game.You upgrade them,and get them new armor.There are more than 1 ending.If you can skin the Online Co-op and don't mind to play the game offline you will have a good time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PC) (Video Game)
very good I could play it for hours oops I have cannot put it down. Must be one of the beter games that sliped though the net.I would recommend this game.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun for one playthrough, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PC) (Video Game)
The game was a bit too dark for me, I liked the action aspect but not really the atmosphere in which we are lead to think that the world in itself is already doomed.

I remove one star because the combat is repetitive and not really fun, then another star because of the lack of interest in replaying the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars hunted game, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PC) (Video Game)
what can I say,its great to play.Look forword in the next hunted 2 game if there will be one.your p. richards

Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PC)
Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PC) by Bethesda (Windows 7 / Vista)
4.65