5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!
My 3year old loved it and one that i can still stay in the same room with, as Barbie in a mermaid tail i have seen enough of.
It has all a girl could want pink, glitter, fairies (sorry flairies), fashion, music and talking animals.
Very good as has most of the Barbie dvds.
Just dont think our dog want his name changed to Sparkle!
Published on 13 Jun. 2011 by moghus

3.0 out of 5 stars Barbie fan
I buy all Barbie DVD for my two girls who are aged 9yrs and 11yrs. Even at this age, they love watching Barbie. They were both looking forward to this DVD since it was advertised but I will be honest and say it was not a great as some of the other Barbie DVD that we owned.
There were far too much talking and not so much of action or excitement.
Published on 15 Feb. 2011 by Q. Diep

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!, 13 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Barbie - A Fashion Fairytale [DVD] (DVD)
Very good as has most of the Barbie dvds.
Just dont think our dog want his name changed to Sparkle!

4.0 out of 5 stars A New Direction?, 24 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Barbie - A Fashion Fairytale [DVD] (DVD)
As a massive fan of all the previous Barbie DVDs I'm really disappointed by Mattel's decision to axe Kelly Sheridan as the voice of Barbie and their move away from the classic princess stories towards more modern and fashion oriented tales.

The film was still enjoyable but to me a modern day Barbie film (with loads of twitter/facebook references) can never produce the same magical charm as a classic princess story and the warm fuzzy feeling at the end wasn't nearly as big as in previous offerings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Barbie goes "rom-com", 10 Oct. 2010
S Jones (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Barbie - A Fashion Fairytale [DVD] (DVD)
and guess what - she's better than Jennifer Aniston. This film follows "A Mermaid Tale" and "Thumbelina" in being set in a modern environment but this one features a comedy sub-plot with Ken desparately trying to get back with Barbie but being frustrated at every turn. Like the two films above, its animation seems rougher, with the characters (especially Barbie herself) drawn more like Mattel's arch-rivals "Bratz". As other reviewers have noted, the actress voicing Barbie has been replaced, also a negative.

You can still play the "spot the character" game however: Eris (baddy in A Mermaid Tale) pops up as a shopper buying a dress; the truck drivers in Thumbelina are re-employed as taxi drivers; and the baddy from the Island Princess has a brief cameo at the beginning as a TV executive. Someone in the production team clearly had a bad experience with a girl called Raquel as the character who is Barbie's love rival in both this film and "The Barbie Diaries" is called this (and I think voiced by the same actress).

The bottom line - it's a decent entry into the Barbie canon, and if your young child has enjoyed any of the other Barbie films she will almost certainly love this one too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Barbie fan, 15 Feb. 2011
Q. Diep "honest reply" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Barbie - A Fashion Fairytale [DVD] (DVD)
There were far too much talking and not so much of action or excitement.

4.0 out of 5 stars barbie is changing!, 18 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Barbie - A Fashion Fairytale [DVD] (DVD)
the newest barbie film my children found enjoyable, barbie has been changing over the years, as my 7 year old says barbie is getting even more fashionable! this film definetly feels more grown up than previous ones, a good film though that girly girls will love!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fashion fantastic fun thats full of magic., 18 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Barbie - A Fashion Fairytale [DVD] (DVD)
My daughters copy of Barbie: A Fashion Fairytale came in the post today and it's more grown up then the other Barbie films but she enjoyed it just as much if not more then the other Barbie films. She is five years old and likes the music and all the fashion designer stuff throughout the movie. Barbie and her cute dog Sequin visit her Aunt in Paris where they must save her fashion shop from being shut down. There is alot of humour with Ken trying to find Barbie in Paris. Overall this is another big Barbie hit for my daughter and I expect other young girls who like Barbie too.

Bonus Features are as follows:

Mermaid Tale Music and Dance Video
Trailer Gallery

1.0 out of 5 stars TOO MUCH PINK!, 2 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Barbie - A Fashion Fairytale [DVD] (DVD)
I canot belive this movie. It makes me run and get a sick bowl every time I watch it. I am NEVER EVER watching this again. It is just too much and by the time the fashion show bit comes on it gets too sparkly, too pink and histerical. Its such a shame just seeing alice's (shy fashion desighner) blue dress is turned pink by these pathetic "flairies. Fairies with flair!". I cant take it anymore!! Do not buy this for your daughter because honestly, It is absololute drivel.

2.0 out of 5 stars worst of all the Barbie films, 27 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Barbie - A Fashion Fairytale [DVD] (DVD)
I am not a Barbie fan, but my children are, and I have always felt the films to be good quality and entertaining. The move to more modern themes is understandable ( there are only so many fairy tales they can copy, after all!) and Barbie was modern, even in the 1950's. The new voice of Barbie is fine,too ,although a lot of people miss Kelly Sheridan. Where this film fails is in the pathetic story line and characterization. Barbie's Aunt Mirabelle is ridiculous, the fairies annoying and the dress designs truly sad. So adding some' shimmer and glimmer' turns a humdrum dress into a 'fashion sensation'??? Really??. Even my four- year- old asked 'what's special about the dresses, Mum? ' .The animal characters are revolting- especially the poodle, and their costumes. The Ken storyline is humorous, but daft, and there is just no spark or magic to this film. It tries too hard, and fails utterly. It is like a very, very bad Bratz film ( and some of them were BAD!). Thankfully, later 'modern' Barbie films improved. Save your money for them, and avoid this one!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Barbie - A Fashion Fairytale, 17 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Barbie - A Fashion Fairytale [DVD] (DVD)
Great DVD for girls, my 10 year old daughter had this for her birthday and loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A role model Moi?, 10 Jan. 2012
Simon Smith (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Barbie - A Fashion Fairytale [DVD] (DVD)
I never ever thought I would be writing a review raving about a Barbie film....but to my surprise my four year old and I much prefer these films to the Disney mush with the predictable baddies and swooning princesses. These films are not about Barbies size 0 frocks or long blonde locks but circle around the importance of being strong, fair, a good friend, adventurous etc The bold colourful graphics and kicking sound track complete the feel good factoryu88i. This was our favourite Barbie movie but there isn't one we haven't enjoyed...unlike Disney my 3 year old son enjoys them too and dosn't hide behind the sofa.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Barbie - A Fashion Fairytale [DVD]
Barbie - A Fashion Fairytale [DVD] by William Lau (DVD - 2010)