5.0 out of 5 stars The best of Judy!, 13 Feb 2004
I remember going to a record library and listening to this, soon after it was released - my first encounter of an Judy Collins album. After buying most of her albums, this is, as it has always been, my favourite of her albums.
The songs have such beauty, she is singing wonderfully and the orchestration is just heavenly, divinity itself. Favourite tracks are "Secret Garden" and, in particular, "Holly Ann", which is, I think Judy's best song ever. However, the other tracks are all top class.
If you have only one Judy album, make it this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars True Stories and Other Dreams, 10 Sep 2009
I love this CD. I first heard the music while on holiday in Vancouver in 1980 and it took me until 2008 to track it down. I play it all the time. Each track tells a story, sometimes gentle, sometimes shocking. A good choice if you like Judy Collins' beautiful, clear, voice with lovely accompaniments, or if you've never heard her but if you're are inclined towards folk/country music and want to give her a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Judy At Her Best On True Stories, 3 May 2009
I have this cd on vinyl and therefore know the songs very well. I think from memory it was the first album on which Judy Collins penned her own compositions and the result is a superb blend of her work with other songwriters. It will take a few plays to really get into the songs but when you become familiar with the whole album it is quite a cohesive set and I would say that every track is excellent. Cook With Honey is a great opener and unusually upbeat for Judy. The final track Che, at almost 8 minutes is a classic, building gradually in momentum and backing, including wonderful changes in tempo and instrumentation. For any fan of Judy Collins I fully recommend purchasing this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 9 Jun 2013
Judy Collins has been criminally neglected by music historians of the sixties and seventies. For me she was one of the most influential artistes of that period, being almost singularly responsible for bringing a host of now famous songwriters, including Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Tim Buckley and Jacques Brel to a young audience.

This album could stand ear-to ear with anything by the aforementioned and in my opinion, it is her masterpiece. I won't take up your time with a track by track review, just to say there isn't a duff track on the entire album. If you're a fan of soft-rock/folk and you don't have this album, just buy it, you won't be disappointed.

True Stories & Other Dreams
True Stories & Other Dreams by Judy Collins (Audio CD - 2010)