Price:£1.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 15 June 2011
We have been looking for salt & pepper shakers to take on our walks for some time. At last we have found some that actually work! The lids are secure and the condiments stay moisture free.
on 25 September 2014
A bit bigger than expected but okay for longer camping stays at campsites. For hiking/ backpacking I'd really prefer something smaller than this.

One end of the container has a slightly raised "S" on the flip up lid and the other end a "P"...in same colour. Although there's no actual difference in hole aperture size so of no real use unless you have black salt that looks like pepper or vice versa...or maybe useful if you're blind or partially sighted ...perhaps. To give you an idea of the quantity each compartment can hold I filled the salt side with fine sea salt and it held approximately 16 to 17 grams. Ideal for using for more than one person or on long trips even but I'll still be looking for something a bit smaller.

Oh yes, I found that whilst the flip lids didn't flip open when shaken the flip up part of the lids were a wee bit loose. The undersides of the lids have four prongs that make a seal by filling and closing off the product dispensing apertures. As they're not a tight fit I wouldn't think they'd be watertight.

On the issue of value I'd say this is really the sort of product you'd expect to find in a pound store ...in a pack of two...even if you can't find them there. However, I think the cost here at Amazon fairly reflects the product cost plus the cost of delivery and packaging so in that sense not bad. Shame this stuff can't be purchased from high street stores and the like.
on 15 March 2015
Nope, just nope. The little flip lid doesn't keep the salt airtight enough. In my steamy damp kitchen it was no better than any other salt shaker at keeping the salt dry. Also for our (clinically) low blood pressure household for whom salt holds no terrors the amount dispensed was laughable and took ages of shaking to get a reasonable amount out. However if you just want something small and closeable for carrying then this is quite handy. I would personally have preferred one compartment as we only use ground pepper these days, but that was not really an issue, I put salt in both sides. A handy reasonably priced little item, not the best but not the worst. Ours is now in the bin, but I'm sure it will work well in most situations, just couldn't cope with our soon to be (hopefully) sorted out swamp of a kitchen.
on 28 December 2012
Rubbish is not airtight and allows the salt to get damp waste of money it requires more words so rubbish
on 13 March 2014
This would have been loads better if the holes which the salt and pepper pass through were a bit bigger. Remember when you had to thump the salt cellar to get anything out of it? That's what I'm talking about. If you try and enlarge the holes yourself you run the risk of not being able to get the lid to close properly rendering the whole thing useless.
on 18 November 2015
Was dissapointed with this product on using it for the first time. Filled it up at home and sealed it. Next day on trying it for the first time whilst camping, found the contents damp and all stuck together. Nice design but unfortunately totally useless for its intended purpose!
on 9 October 2012
Any where you travel and eat, apart from restaurants of course, this is great. Even better is that I now have calmed my wife's need to comment on what a waste it was to buy salt and pepper on holiday just to carry it home.<VBG>
on 28 July 2013
Clever, neat, practical design the only criticism is the little lids appear flimsy and don't slot in tight so a little spillage. I think overpriced due tto finish & not sure how long will last due to the lid design.
on 2 October 2014
Bought this to keep in my lunch box it is very handy quite small just what I wanted i would have rated it better but it doesn't seal a100 per cent and the salt gets damp
on 2 July 2013
Working shift work this little settucks into my lunch bag perfectly. Ideal useage when sometimes saltand pepper is needed. Very pleased with my purchase.

See one answered question