5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
Published 18 days ago by Danny

2.0 out of 5 stars Good light but the bulb is loose in the holder
Published 6 months ago by Kery

2.0 out of 5 stars Good light but the bulb is loose in the holder, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Daylight Energy Saving Spiral Helix Light Bulb 30W BC 640 Prolite 30 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
I must admit that it gives very good light and pleasing to the eyes. But it was loose in the holder. I have tried in every room but it had same problem. It worked some time straight away but other times i had to remove it from holder and put it back on. Repeat the process 4 to 5 times and it may start working again for next few hours. and then same problem happens again. I have returned it back and amazon was very quick to process refund. Also I would like to mention that amazon's return process was very easy and quick and it didn't cost me anything. All I had to do was print the label after entering details online and pack the parcel with that label and drop it to a collect plus location which is only 20 meters from my door step.

1.0 out of 5 stars Had 2 of these and both have blown within a few weeks, 4 Jun 2012
Clearly cannot recommend these as they seem very unreliable. To have two blow within just a few weeks of usage is beyond unlucky and leads one to question the quality. They were okay when they worked but the light seems to have a bluish tinge.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very short lfetime, 7 Jan 2013
I bought a batch of these. They look very professionally made and are CE-marked. However, they will burn after just in a weeks; one would expect to get at least 2,000 hours normally.

I would avoid PROLITE brand as choosing them are not good for your wallet or the environment. If you check the other Prolite product review, you will see that other reviewers have also commented on the short lifetime and/or other problems.

Proudly made in Britain??

3.0 out of 5 stars Great light, 15 July 2013
Mrs. H. "Mrs. H." (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought two of these in December 2012 which I started using straight away. I love the brightness of the light and use them in my kitchen. One blew a couple of days ago, so the life span isn't as long as stated but the other is still going for the time being. Would probably try a different brand next time to compare.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 28 Oct 2013
Another cheap CFL lamp claiming to be something it is not. Gives a flickering start and very slow to warm up. However, once it has got going the light frequency output is pretty good, but don't expect it to last long before it fails. Six months maximum. An expensive bulb indeed for something that will not last.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cold light, 13 Jan 2014
I purchased these for my living and dining room, the light is what I would describe as cold. would be ok for a garage or other outside area

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
Does exactly what it's needed to do,

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me happier to be in such a brightly lit room, 25 Jun 2014
I love these!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Day light bulb, 24 May 2014
Prompt delivery.It gives really bright 'day light'.Only complaint is that it takes few seconds to lighten but we don't bother much about this.This could be helpful for people feeling gloomy in the winter months as it gives a cool day light but I am not sure of it's beneficial effect on people suffering from severe 'Seasonal Affective Disorder'Some sellers promote it for this rare condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daylight in rooms with no windows, 15 Sep 2012
I was never a fan of energy saving light bulbs. My experience of them was always that they were incredibly slow to get to full brightness and even then, were very dull and a horrible yellow colour no matter how long you left them on. These bulbs however have changed my mind. They light up to full brightness almost instantly and have a very bright white light. The room feels as though it is getting a constant stream of natural daylight even when it is pitch black outside. The bulbs have also been relatively long lasting (currently just over 9 months).

In my home a few of the rooms get very little in the way of natural light, resulting in needing to have the light on during the day even in the summer. I had previously used 100W daylight bulbs but due to the new (ish) laws these are no longer available. I work from home and it is important to me to have good light while working. So once I had finished cursing the changes I started the hunt for replacements. I discovered these bulbs in December 2011. At 10 a bulb they seemed a little expensive but the other bulbs I had tried made me feel sick due to the horrible yellow colour and they were just not bright enough.

I have had the same bulbs in now for just over 9 months and they have made a real difference to my home. They always light up to full brightness virtually instantly. The colour is a lovely white and makes the room feel as though it is in bright natural daylight. The light is perfect for applying makeup, cooking, reading and using the computer. If you have a room with no window or one that gets very little natural light this bulb is definitely for you.

I would hesitate in recommending using in a bedroom as the light is very bright and the daylight effect will keep you wide awake at night, however it is great for getting up on those dark winter mornings!