on 14 April 2016
You know how some music is split to give a surround sound feel? That's stereo sound. This claims to be a stereo split - it is not. This wire just separates your left and right channels so you get different sound through each side of the adaptor. If you are using this adaptor to have two people listen to the same music/video you will NOT get the ideal mixed sound through each side.
VINE VOICEon 12 April 2016
I had expected something slightly better build quality than this, I bought two, and one of them has a dodgy female input connector, meaning you have to wriggle the male jack its reciving back just a fraction to get stereo sound.

The wire is very low gauge however, and any stress on them, say by forgetting they're attached and walking off wearing headphones, is a disaster waiting to happen, as the wire will pull from the connectors easy enough (I pulled one with around 3kilos of force to break it, from the pair I had).

They're fine as a cheap stop-gap measure however.
on 19 January 2013
I used these to plug in 5.1 speakers and headphones from the same sound card output on my PC. They worked as you'd expect. No problems with distortion or levels. Arrived fast, well packaged etc.

Would recommend. Cheers!
on 13 February 2013
Bought this for my two children so they can plug two sets of headphones in to one ipod on long journeys - items works perfectly, with excellent sound quality from both pairs of headphones. Great little gadget for a minimal price.
on 23 May 2016
I don't know if I received a different product to many of the other reviews here or if they just can't tell the difference between mono and stereo but what I received is definitely one stereo to two mono outputs.
on 24 May 2016
Poor quality splitter. Output to 2 powered monitores and could only get 1 to work at a time. Returned for a refund so gained 1 star.
VINE VOICEon 2 January 2013
This is a STEREO GOLD 3.5 jack plug that goes into my computer at back (front headphone plugs on computer do not work, and I only have one at the back). Into the two attached 3.5 GOLD jack sockets I have my big stereo speakers/woofer in one and my skype microphone/earpiece in the other.
My music is still fantastic and in stereo out of one jack plug and skype is clear and music is still stereo out of the other.

Am well pleased. Also received the following day too.
on 22 May 2013
This was a good replacement for a cheaper lead I bought on Amazon which turned up broken in the post (Amazon refunded with no problems). This is much better than the other brand I bought. For the sake of what is probably only a quid or so, I'd go for this lead over cheaper equivalents. Sometimes you get what you pay for and that does indeed seem to be the case with this and other forms of wiring / adaptors.
on 26 April 2013
The cable arrived in 2 days with standard delivery so that's very good. Build quality is solid and sits good in the sound jack. Very useful for splitting sound from devices. I bought this to split the sound from my monitor to my headphones and to speakers in the room. Would buy again and would recommend to anyone.
on 13 August 2012
Fulfills its purpose perfectly.

I use this so that I can have my headset and speakers (Each have independent volume controls actually on the devices) plugged in at the same time without cluttering my front panel.

Although the jack doesn't produce a satisfying 'click' when I plug it into my motherboard, it seems snug and audio quality has not been affected.

Would definitely recommend.