4.0 out of 5 stars Well built (boom boom)
I bought this because I was looking for a case for my Kindle, and didn't want to buy the Amazon ones because: a) they're expensive b) having had a similar cover for my Sony eReader I found I don't like having the cover on when I read.

Published on 19 Oct. 2010 by P. Hannam

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Built cover
I does the job and protects the Kindle.

It is hugely overpriced for what it is - basically wetsuit material made into a pocket.

It's not good value for money, in fact I'd say it is a rip off. But, there is a limited choice of cheaper Kindle covers available and I guess Amazon know this. Someone is definitely making a killing selling these.
Published on 16 Jan. 2011 by Nick

4.0 out of 5 stars Well built (boom boom), 19 Oct. 2010
P. Hannam (London, UK) - See all my reviews

The Built cover fits snuggly and has a felt inside, so you can be sure that your kindle won't be rattling around or getting scratched. The neoprene is reasonably thick so it should offer a good level of protection against all but the most aggressive of 'sharps'.

I went for green because I want it to stand out in my man-bag. Which is does nicely.

Only downside would be the price-tag. Even though it's cheaper than the Amazon cases, I still think £25 is a bit much for what this is. But it's better than the Belkin ones (from what I can see) and a similar price so...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 17 Sept. 2010
V. Kilby "Wickywockles" (Hastings, UK) - See all my reviews
I've been looking at all the kindle Covers, and picked the one most useful for my usage. I have my kindle in my bag quite a lot and was afraid of marking and scratching it, I read the reviews of the kindle leather covers and found that I really did'nt want to add to the weight of the item whilst reading as it was just about right, this funky cover is very well made tough and has a super soft fury lining protecting the kindle very well. All the cases do seem to be overpriced and I include this one in that category. For what it is £25 does seem a lot, £15 - £20 perhaps more reasonable, but apart from that I really like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Oven Glove Option, 28 Sept. 2010
The cover is a snug fit,holding the Kindle securely in place. It is reasonably thick and well made so should protect from minor knocks.Being brightly coloured (scatter dot)it is less likely to be left behind and best of all it is not leather. Though when my partner saw it she said it lookedlike an oven glove! Maybe it does a little.I remain though happy with my purchase and imagine it will last a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 Sept. 2010
I opted for the Built Neoprene Cover because it wasn't as chunky or heavy as the standard kindle cover which I sent back. This works fine for me - is slim, light, protects my Kindle and has a funky pattern - perfect!

Tip - there is a silica gel sachet that needs removing from the bottom of the cover which I didn't notice for ages and wondered why it crunched when I picked it up!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits like an (oven) glove, 31 Dec. 2010
I dithered a lot over whether to get this neoprene sleeve or a more protective leather one, but I was really put off by the stories of short-circuited Kindles from the metal clips in the light-less leather covers. (I couldn't afford the ones with the light.)
However, I am really pleased I went for this one. Good quality, very padded,should protect from bumps and scratches. Also fits really well - I held it upside down and even shaking it won't dislodge the Kindle.
Am wondering how long it will take though for the soft, furry lining to pack down and if it will then slide out when it shouldn't. Am also wondering why it couldn't have been designed with a flap at the top to prevent dust etc getting in..?
All the Kindle covers are SOOO overpriced! This shouldn't cost more than a tenner! But I needed a cover...

4.0 out of 5 stars Very expensive, but saved my Kindle, 6 Feb. 2011
I got one of these as a gift with my Kindle. I wasn't aware of how expensive it was until I came to leave a review. What I will say is that yesterday I dropped my Kindle (in the cover) and watched it bounce all the way down my staircase. Fearing the worst I pulled it out of the cover to find it completely unaffected by the fall.

So... expensive, but effective.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but overpriced, 12 Oct. 2010
Nicolette Laurence "Lunarwillow" (Guernsey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I love this sleeve, it is funky, the Kindle fits perfectly and is tapers at the bottom so the power switch is not against the fabric. It is furry inside to protect the Kindle. However two niggles: I think it is very very overpriced, and I didn't get any butterflies on mine! LOL! I don't regret buying it though, so four stars overall.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Built cover, 16 Jan. 2011
I does the job and protects the Kindle.

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent slip case., 26 Sept. 2010
This is a decent enough slip case for the fabulous 3rd generation kindle. There are several design/colour options, the inside is a very soft fleecy/furry affair so no worries on the snuggness front! The kindle slips in and out easily enough but isn't loose so it won't fall out - therefore the dimensions are just right. The slight curve at the bottom edge of the case allows you a place to grip it tightly as you pull the kindle out of the top.

I've given the neoprene padding a good old squeeze and it is quite a substantial, thick and resilient foam which leads me to think confidently that a drop onto a hard floor wouldn't damage the kindle (although I haven't tried it!). I would have prefered a hard insert in the case to better protect the kindle screen from keys etc. when it's in a bag or case. Having said that I will still be quite happy to take my kindle travelling in this Built case, but I will be that bit more careful what I pack it next to, which probably isn't a bad policy anyway.

It's manufactured in China (like the kindle) but is clearly well made from good quality materials but at almost 23% of the cost of my kindle it is, I feel, a little expensive! Hopefully more choice in cases for the kindle 3 will lead to an improvement in this respect. For now; it's a pretty good option.

BUILT Neoprene Kindle Sleeve (Fits 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle), Scatter DotBUILT Neoprene Kindle Sleeve (Fits 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle), Shadow Flower

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better quality than cheaper cases!, 23 Sept. 2010
Sam Woodward (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Like many people, I was concerned about the high price of the official Kindle 3 covers, so I initially bought a cheaper neoprene one for £12. However, I found it was too big, making my Kindle 3 slide around inside & also meant it took up more space in my bag & large coat pocket. This, however, is perfect - tighter fitting thanks to its hourglass shape, with a soft inner lining to protect the screen, which the cheaper case didn't have. Being neoprene, it has quite a grippy surface, so won't slip out of your hands. It also has a rather pretty pattern!

I still think the price is somewhat excessive but thanks to its superior quality, simpler design & funky pattern, I haven't regretted sending the cheaper case back & changing it for this one.