5.0 out of 5 stars MATRIX LIGHT
If you didn't like the Matrix, you might skip this one. Dicaprio is man who is an expert at entering dreams and extracting information for corporate espionage. He has a problem in that there is a price on his head. He is a wanted man. A Japanese business man wants Dicaprio to enter the mind of a competitor and place an idea in his head to break up his empire. In exchange...
Published 20 months ago by THE MOVIE GUY

3.0 out of 5 stars Visual Dream but a Nightmare to Figure Out
Inception wasn't even on my radar until a couple of months ago when my roommate started talking about it. After seeing a preview, I quickly decided I must see it. I wound up watching it with my brother and sister-in-law while on vacation. They loved it, but I had a mixed reaction to it.

Frankly, this movie is hard to describe without giving too much away and...
Published 24 days ago by Mark Baker - Carstairs Considers

‹ Previous | 131 32 3391 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars gift item, 2 Jun. 2013
bought this as a gift and arrived promptly and in good condition but have not watched the film myself sorry.

3.0 out of 5 stars Inception Premium Collection Steelbook, 14 Dec. 2012
It's basically the slip cover but a steelbook. was pretty disapointed with the overall look, however its a class film and so i'd rather own it on steelbook than normal. But, at the end of the day its going to be the same film which ever you buy. Just one for collectors i guess

4.0 out of 5 stars intriguing, well acted, and suspenseful, but a bit too pat, 19 Nov. 2011
rob crawford "Rob Crawford" (Balmette Talloires, France) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is a delightful scifi film - it has action, fun concepts, well conceived little details that fit perfectly with the ideas, and beautiful, very good actors. It held my interest, with the particular hard scifi pleasure of figuring out what was going on, seeking subterfuge and twists but also the fixed parameters of this future vision. The subplot with the mysterious Cotillard character also worked extremely well for me, a bit of DiCaprio's subconscious but also a real figure; she was the most imaginative of all the constructs in the film, in my opinion.

Unfortunately, I was rather disappointed with how fast the whole thing was resolved, like they had to tie if off because they had run out of time or money. Also, I did not detect any mind-bending ambiguity that got the viewer to question everything at the end, which surely this film was made to do. Taken together, the producers dropped the ball at the very end and turned it into a mere comicbook ending. This is a great pity.

5.0 out of 5 stars its great, 14 Sept. 2013
The contents are good I bought this as a present and would recommend it to anyone. Such a good film aswell

4.0 out of 5 stars inception, 30 April 2013
very weird film got me lost but my husband loved it his sort of film leo nwas good in it

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretentious, 15 Sept. 2013
Inception may be dazzling in a way and it's well made and there are a few interesting ideas but in a certain way it left me cold. The emotional impact just wasn't there.

It is a movie which seems to be concerned with creating mystery (which it doesn't really do) and with being complicated for the sake of it (which it only is to a degree). It really is far less "intelligent" than many people would have you believe.

The ending seems to want to spark a reaction which is similar to how people react (I assume) to a rollercoaster ride; people go "Wow, that was exciting" and then they move on. There's no real seriousness to it. But yet there is a whole part of the plot which presents itself as being such. It's like a movie made by a kid in this sense where they went "Oh right, I also need to have some drama in here. Just like in a real movie!".

I can't believe so many people see it as a brilliant film seeing that it's as pretentious as it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 1 Feb. 2011
P. A. Clarke (Oundle, England) - See all my reviews
Saw this on the big screen last summer, in a big screen cinema that played it very loud (The Light in Leeds - a fine cinema!) - and it was tremendous - very satisfying, and so good, for once, to watch a blockbuster that actually left one discussing, wondering, and speculating. Probably the best thing I've seen Di Caprio do (hadn't really appreciated him till this film)- and a great cast all round, in a great film.
Those viewing it on small screens with poor sound won't really get the same impact -and I suspect most of its detractors here fall into this category.

And as for one-star reviewer Hamish....and his jaundiced ilk... well....

This is surely, beyond argument, great, high concept, high octane film-making - and Nolan should be honoured for it - for dreaming it up, and making it happen so brilliantly. "Best Director" doesn't really encompass what he has done - "Best Film-maker" would be closer to the mark....

4.0 out of 5 stars Inception!, 9 Dec. 2010
Je Salter (UK) - See all my reviews
Being an enormous geek of all good Sci-Fi, I have eagerly waited for Inception to be released on dvd. Had it been of the scale of Star Wars/Trek, I would have donned a rubber suit and trundled off with my tuperware to watch it at the cinema with everyone else but it wasn't and I didn't even with all the media exceitement and attention!

So now having sat through the film was I right to wait? I think I was because although it's very nice and intriguing, it's also more multi layered than the Matrix and gets quite confusing at many different points as various discussions showed while watching it!

It's a well crafted, produced and directed film and if you like the Matrix trilogy you will like this but for entirely different reason, in short people try to implant ideas in other peoples heads during their dreams to change things. It's good but not as great as the media hype hence the four stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must watch, 22 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Inception (Amazon Instant Video)
Great film, really need to make sure your following it with no distractions but still a great film!!

4.0 out of 5 stars film, 11 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Inception [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
enjoyed it. I wanted to get it on dvd because I forgot what happens in it.
thank you very much.

‹ Previous | 131 32 3391 | Next ›

Inception [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]
Inception [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free] by Christopher Nolan (Blu-ray - 2010)