Style Name: Scratch Map Original|Change

on 26 March 2015
Really disappointed, brought as a present not sure if I want to gift anymore. The country outlines don't match the scratch/coloured bit, there and two new Zealand's, Australia is half on the land and half in water just to give a couple of misalignment
review image
0Comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 July 2014
Slightly disappointed in the map. The countries are so small you can barely even see them, they are literally dots on the map
on 26 February 2012
Very nice idea for anyone who is interested in travelling. The film is easy to scratch off to reveal countries you have been to. The map comes in a very nice cardboard tube with tissue paper inside to prevent the map from being scratched during transit. That said, however, great care must be taken when removing the map from the tube as it would be easy to scratch any of the gold off. Also, you must be really careful when scratching off the countries as it's sometimes not that easy to see where two countries border and once you scratched off the wrong area there's nothing you can do.
on 30 July 2012
The map was a gift for a friend, so I didn't see it out of the box, but he's since told me it's great. Although the countries are different colours, there are only a few colours overall, so there is some repeats. Also, places like America are all one colour, so you can't scratch off by state etc.
The size of the map is great for a poster. I know it's implied that it's to take travelling, but actually it's perfect for putting on the wall.
on 6 August 2012
My fiance and I both love to travel and this was a perfect gift for him! He loves it and we can't wait to scratch away more and more destinations!
on 20 December 2014
Fantastic gift for an travel hungry globe trotters. Very satisfying scratching off the countries visited.Warning so addictive that you will want to book a new holiday immediately! Very good quality glossy paper, thicker than a regular poster. It comes in a tube and wrapped in crepe paper to prevent it from getting scratched in the tube. Be sure to handle it with care as it is quite easy for the gold to scratch off. Due t it being heavier than a regular poster a lot of blue tack needs to be used, as it can fall down which leads to unwanted scratches. There are also bonus boxes at the bottom of the map with fun facts about countries you have visited. Luckies have also updated the map to include more islands which is an improvement. Highly recommended.
on 12 June 2012
I absolutely love this map. A friend has the full size version, but I decided I didn't actually need one that big - so I went for this very cute travel sized one.

The only problem is- I now want to scratch off as much as possible, so have started booking trips away...
on 5 April 2013
i bought this as a gift for my paptenr , as he has done a bit of travelling and thought it would be a novel idea for him track where he has been ,unfortunately there wasn't enough small detail to allow him to pinpoint this
on 6 November 2010
I bought this present for my friend who had just returned from a year traveling around the world. He loved being able to scratch off all the places he had visited. A nice way of seeing what is left to see.
Gave this as a present to my mother some time ago, so reporting back now.

She's a traveler (as in likes holidays) and has visited a lot of countries. She had a map before with pins marking previous destinations. So, when i saw this, I knew I had to get it.
Arrived well-protected and quickly.

We sat down together while she listed the countries she'd been to and I used a coin to rub their coating off, revealing the coloured land beneath. She's been to so many that I covered the table, the map, myself and the floor with the rubbings, but WELL WORTH IT!

It's now up on her wall and is actually a great talking piece for her. Not to mention the fact that she wants to travel to the countries we've not yet rubbed off. Great!

Brilliant idea. Brilliant value.