5.0 out of 5 stars Root Boost
I have fine wavy hair that goes flat if it's more than a few inches long. I tried blow drying it different ways, but this is a lot easier to use and the effect is much better.
Published on 24 Sep 2010 by Sama

3.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly but effective
These dinky little crimpers are quite fiddly to use but do give you extra volume if you need it. The idea is that you section away the top layer of your hair, then crimp the lower layers, near the crown. These 'crimps' hold the hair slightly away from the scalp so that when you let the top section of your hair down again, it gives the appearance of more hair and added...
Published on 1 Jun 2011 by Sukie

5.0 out of 5 stars Root Boost, 24 Sep 2010
Sama (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper (Personal Care)
I was afraid of the difficulty of getting it work well, after all in the video only the easiest part of the head is done. Luckily this is not a problem. When using it, I don't really have to see what I'm doing. I only crimped a few times on the back of my head, didn't even do it twice as shown in the video, only once near the roots. On the sides it is easier to follow a pattern, but I don't think it is really important. I just have to make sure I don't crimp any parts that will be visible. All in all, I was surprised how much volume it created after using it so haphazardly. An unexpected benefit I found is that I don't have to wash my hair every day if I use this. Who would have thought?

Update 4 months after my original review:
I still use this every other day, right after washing and quickly drying my hair. It takes about 2 minutes. I tried to go without it a few times, but my hair looks so much worse, that I just MUST keep using it. I'm afraid I'm addicted... On the plus side, I haven't noticed any damaging on my hair, and I haven't had it cut since August. Without pumping my hair up, by now I'd look awful and would have had to have it cut. So it was a good investment, already paid for itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Babyliss Root Boost, 9 Sep 2010
This review is from: BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper (Personal Care)
I have never wrote a review before. I have very fine hair and have tried every lotion and potion to give me some root lift, i have never found a product which has worked. I bought the root boost last week and have found it really does give root lift which lasts even till the next day.

I am very pleased with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 Oct 2013
LOVE THIS...
MY HAIR DRESSER ADVISED ME TO GET THIS AND IT IS EXCELLENT :)
RECOMMEND THIS ITEM TO ALL WOMEN

5.0 out of 5 stars Best hair product I've ever bought, 10 Dec 2010
This review is from: BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper (Personal Care)
I don't have very much hair and what I do have is very fine, in addtion I gave birth 9 months ago and my hair has been falling out in clumps for the last 2 months. Even before giving birth I've been looking high and low for a product to make my hair look fuller, been to numerous salons in London and nothing I've tried and received advice from would help.

Dispite the great reviews, I still had doubts about this product, this is because I can't even curl my hair with my GHDs after numrous practices, but with this it is sooooooooooooooooo quick and easy to use and the results, well I have never seen my hair looking fuller. Love this product, think it's absolutely the best product for people who want to have fuller looking hair. Will never do without this now and will buy another one just as backup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ever, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper (Personal Care)
These are the best thing ever, they do exaxtly what they say on the box, gives room boost where you need it. I wouldnt be without them !

4.0 out of 5 stars a good product, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper (Personal Care)
Good value for money, even though it doesn't give as much volume as the video shows.You should also only use it when your hair is clean. If your hair is starting to get dirty (ex.day 3 or 4) is doesn't work at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars If at first you don't succeed..., 18 Nov 2010
Try try again!

My first attempt at using this product was not the best - I used it on hair that had been washed the day before, which with hair that needs washing daily was not the best idea. So at first I didn't think much of it... But how wrong I was.

I used this after blowdrying my hair the next day (not forgetting a heat protection spray). At first, the crimp itself is much smaller than "crimping" products (which is why this is a rootboost and not just a run of the mill crimper)and this was quite scary as it really does look like it has frazzled your hair - in fact it hasn't, it's just a tiny crimp!

It's rather difficult to use yourself all the way around your own head of hair, as it's sometimes hard to know how close to the top layer of hair to go to, and can be quite awkward doing the back-sides in a mirror, but if you are practiced enough at sectioning your hair and you actually pull the hair out from your head as in the video then it's not a problem. I have a lot of very fine but very long hair and this works a treat at making my usually straight, lack-lustre hair, look thick and volumnised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says!, 31 Aug 2010
This review is from: BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper (Personal Care)
I have fine hair and straighten it which can leave it a bit flat. I saw this product and thought it was a great idea but probably wouldn't work, or the crimps would really show. I decided to buy it though, and I'm delighted with it - the crimps are tiny so even when they show you can't really tell, but if you straighten your hair then just crimp through the roots lower down, the difference is amazing. There isn't a heat proof mat or bag in the box, but they are so thin they fit with my straighteners in their bag. Definitely recommend for people with fine hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy solution to flat hair, 14 Nov 2010
S. J. Mitchell (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to admit, I'm stunned. I really honestly didn't think this would work. I have what my grandmother charmingly referred to as nine hairs and a nit and, since I started to straighten my hair it's as flat as a pancake. I had images in my head of walking along the road, the wind catching my hair and whipping it up in the air to reveal a layer of crimping!

In actual fact, the crimps are so narrow and on such a small area of your head, right next to the roots that it's impossible to see them. I had a bit of a fight with it at first until I realised that it was better to straighten your hair, then crimp underneath instead of the other way round (crimping first means you spend half your time re-crimping the flat bits that you straightened after they were initially crimped! Frustrating and very time consuming...)

So when I looked in the mirror, half of me expected to see absolutely no difference whatsoever, and the other half of me expected a Dynasty-esque bouffant effect. In fact it was neither. This crimper gives just a nice little bit of volume without it looking ridiculous. It'll take a bit of practise to get to grips with it, as it still makes my morning routine a good bit longer but that will improve in time and is well worth the effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars These really work!, 25 Oct 2010
love reading "marsy" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are fabulous! I have been trying to create big hair recently but it falls flat after an hour or two. I have tried back combing which made my hair tuggy and tangled. I use my straighteners at the roots but my hair has a big ridge on it. I have also been using the huge velcro rollers. They are good but only if you put them in in the completely correct position; they also take ages to set.
These root-lifters do the best job by far, in a fraction of the time and the style lasts until you wash your hair again. You can go for it by doing lots of your scalp or just have some height at the top. They really work fantastically. They are easy to use and they heat up rapidly. My only concern is if they're safe for people with fine hair (my hair is thick and they have done no damage to it)
These are exactly what I've been looking for and they work so well. Come on girls, we're worth it and we can all have hair like Cheryl now!

BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper