5.0 out of 5 stars Root Boost
I have fine wavy hair that goes flat if it's more than a few inches long. I tried blow drying it different ways, but this is a lot easier to use and the effect is much better.
Published on 24 Sep 2010 by Sama

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit overrated
I was led to buy this based on all the positive reviews I'd read and though it does work for me the results are a bit too subtle. I think a bigger crimper would be better personally
Published on 13 Aug 2011 by Josie

5.0 out of 5 stars Root Boost, 24 Sep 2010
Sama (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper (Personal Care)
I was afraid of the difficulty of getting it work well, after all in the video only the easiest part of the head is done. Luckily this is not a problem. When using it, I don't really have to see what I'm doing. I only crimped a few times on the back of my head, didn't even do it twice as shown in the video, only once near the roots. On the sides it is easier to follow a pattern, but I don't think it is really important. I just have to make sure I don't crimp any parts that will be visible. All in all, I was surprised how much volume it created after using it so haphazardly. An unexpected benefit I found is that I don't have to wash my hair every day if I use this. Who would have thought?

Update 4 months after my original review:
I still use this every other day, right after washing and quickly drying my hair. It takes about 2 minutes. I tried to go without it a few times, but my hair looks so much worse, that I just MUST keep using it. I'm afraid I'm addicted... On the plus side, I haven't noticed any damaging on my hair, and I haven't had it cut since August. Without pumping my hair up, by now I'd look awful and would have had to have it cut. So it was a good investment, already paid for itself.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good product, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper (Personal Care)
Good value for money, even though it doesn't give as much volume as the video shows.You should also only use it when your hair is clean. If your hair is starting to get dirty (ex.day 3 or 4) is doesn't work at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Babyliss Root Boost, 9 Sep 2010
This review is from: BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper (Personal Care)
I have never wrote a review before. I have very fine hair and have tried every lotion and potion to give me some root lift, i have never found a product which has worked. I bought the root boost last week and have found it really does give root lift which lasts even till the next day.

I am very pleased with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ever, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper (Personal Care)
These are the best thing ever, they do exaxtly what they say on the box, gives room boost where you need it. I wouldnt be without them !

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says!, 31 Aug 2010
This review is from: BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper (Personal Care)
I have fine hair and straighten it which can leave it a bit flat. I saw this product and thought it was a great idea but probably wouldn't work, or the crimps would really show. I decided to buy it though, and I'm delighted with it - the crimps are tiny so even when they show you can't really tell, but if you straighten your hair then just crimp through the roots lower down, the difference is amazing. There isn't a heat proof mat or bag in the box, but they are so thin they fit with my straighteners in their bag. Definitely recommend for people with fine hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!!, 20 Jan 2012
This review is from: BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper (Personal Care)
Its fab i have fine hair and this really makes it look and feel full and thick. love it!! deffinately recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars brill, 16 Mar 2011
This review is from: BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper (Personal Care)
got this yesterday my hair is very thin and flat even though i straighten and blow dry used it yesterday my hair is much fuller and looks much thicker had loads of comments have u had your hair done etc the best money ever spent

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous root booster for fine flat hair, 4 Dec 2010
This review is from: BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper (Personal Care)
How many times have I blow dried my hair, head hanging upside down, curled my hair, slept in rollers (euk), applied fixing gel, mousse, hairspray - then after half an hour my hair is back to being flat with ears poking through mmm......................

I've had very long hair, short hair, layers, a bob, feathered etc etc - but if your hair is fine and flat there is absolutely nothing that will give it that volume - unless you plump for a perm, the shaved look, permanently tie it up or fix it rigid with hair spray (which doesn't move in a force 10 gale) mmm.........

This root booster is really brilliant. Crimp the roots only in layers, back, sides and top, leaving the outer layers untouched, and I find my style stays in ALL DAY!!! For a special 'do', I spend time doing many layers, but for a quick boost I just do one or two underneath layers. Doesn't take long. Also the wind hasn't managed to blow away the fullness yay!!

I find the cord length fine - helps to be positioned near a socket.

Don't think this would work on thick wavy hair (probably the weight of thick hair would make it flat, though you could try crimping smaller sections maybe?), and anyway why would you if your hair is thick and wavy? God please give ME thick wavy hair.......

Yes it probably would dry your hair out if used everyday, but use heat styling products to protect your hair, or just do your hair on special days.

My only problem? - I burnt my ear ha!!! Perhaps I'll next opt for a ear pinning op ...... :-)

Great gadget - absolutely a must for fine flat hair.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit overrated, 13 Aug 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars If at first you don't succeed..., 18 Nov 2010
Try try again!

My first attempt at using this product was not the best - I used it on hair that had been washed the day before, which with hair that needs washing daily was not the best idea. So at first I didn't think much of it... But how wrong I was.

I used this after blowdrying my hair the next day (not forgetting a heat protection spray). At first, the crimp itself is much smaller than "crimping" products (which is why this is a rootboost and not just a run of the mill crimper)and this was quite scary as it really does look like it has frazzled your hair - in fact it hasn't, it's just a tiny crimp!

It's rather difficult to use yourself all the way around your own head of hair, as it's sometimes hard to know how close to the top layer of hair to go to, and can be quite awkward doing the back-sides in a mirror, but if you are practiced enough at sectioning your hair and you actually pull the hair out from your head as in the video then it's not a problem. I have a lot of very fine but very long hair and this works a treat at making my usually straight, lack-lustre hair, look thick and volumnised.

BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper