4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, strong and light
The umbrella is light, with a windvent, and holds up very well in windy conditions. So far (after one rainy month of use) the automatic opening mechanism works well and it also closes and locks easily; as a 3 pack this is very good value - suspect that if they added one more then it would be even more popular for those 4 ball tours and awaydays!
Published on 30 Sep 2011 by Shrimpuss

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that good!
Published 21 months ago by A. CARTWRIGHT

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that good!, 7 July 2012
A. CARTWRIGHT "Adrian" (Leicestershire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Woodworm Golf Premium Double Canopy Golf Umbrella 3 Pack (Sports)
Pack of three - after less than 2 months just one left. Product description is MISLEADING - they do not have a completely fibreglass frame and that's the weak spot! The main shaft and the spars that run from the top down to the tips of the canopy are fibreglass, but the mechanism in the middle that pushes the canopy out is all thin bits of aluminium, and they get easily bent and the slightest kink causes them to crack and snap. They're smart but I wouldN't buy again -i'd make sure an umbrella had a completely fibreglass/composite frame and mechanism.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, strong and light, 30 Sep 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Brollies, 29 April 2012
I have purchased quite a few large umbrellas from various manufacturers/stockists over the years, and most have been absolute rubbish, lasting no time at all. Broken mechanisms, broken stays, canopy turned inside out, failed stitching, you name it.

I bought this set of three umbrellas based mostly on other customer's feedback and so far I am not disappointed. They seem sturdy, well made and effective. Delivery was also very prompt.

I've only used one of the umbrellas so far (there was plenty of opportunity this sodden weekend!) and it has performed well. I like the automatic opening and vented canopy. Time will tell if they will last, but first impressions are very good.

At the price these umbrellas are a bargain and well worth a 5-Star rating.

Edited: 29 April 2012, 17:56

Having looked again at the quality of these umbrellas, I have just ordered another three. That's one each for the family, and two spares.

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 6 Sep 2011
A good buy for 3 umberellas. Choice of colours to match your other golf accessories. It will do the job and if you want to keep one in your car you have spares.

5.0 out of 5 stars woodworm umbrella, 9 July 2011
this unbrella is what you call the bargain of the year it is light and perfect for all bad weather conditions

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality, Bargain Buy, 6 July 2012
I have never owned a decent quality umbrella, I have the 5 bargains from sports direct with locking mechanisms that fail, canopies blow inside out with a breeze and handles that Guy the Gorilla would struggle to get in his mitt. When I saw these on HUKD I thought now's my chance, not one but 3 for less than a score, the reviews look good but in the back of my mind I had low expectations, 6.66 per brolly is not far off the Sports Direct price. They arrived this morning, a day after ordering, plainly packaged. On opening there's the three colour choices, I opted for the plain black one and opened it straight away. Twin velcro straps to keep the double canopy in check and a push lever release, with a swift whooft the canopy opens in its full glory and I must say I was impressed. The first use was imminent with the summer rain of this year no doubt today it would get used and abused. I went to watch the Olympic torch relay in Hadleigh and was chuffed to see it rain as soon as I got out of the car. The satisfying whooft was back and the canopy was open and protective, a nice size 5ft, not too big that your hitting everyone you pass but enough cover to keep you dry. I was happy to find that the gusty conditions showed no sign of inverting the brolly and the ergo handle was comfortable at all times.
For its first day and first use of one of 3 umbrellas I must say I am very, very happy with my purchase, I will leave one in the car at all times, one will stay at home by the front door and the other will likely be a spare, I expect that 2012 will be one of the wettest summers on record and these will sell like hot cakes.

Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality product, 20 Dec 2011
Bought a 3 pack and guess what - all still working aftrer nearly a year - what more can you ask for. Delivery was excellent.

Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 3 Dec 2011
When I purchased these umbrellas, I must be honest, I didn't think they would last. Three umbrellas for 15?, surely corners must have been cut in terms of quality to make a profit considering the price, but how wrong I was! These umbrellas are the strongest I've come across and although I did have a windproof umbrella in the past, that cost me about 20, just for one umbrella.
I've used one of these umbrellas in gale force winds ([...]) and whilst the umbrella did at one point turn inside out, it then flipped back to it's normal position when it was aimed at the wind! Of course, it couldn't keep me entirely dry when the wind meant that the rain was coming from many directions but the very fact that it survived proves the point that quality need not cost a fortune! Still using the same one, the other two are still in the packaging and I don't think I'll be having to use another one for awhile!

1.0 out of 5 stars very poor product, 31 Oct 2012
These umbrellas are very poor quality. The internal frame is very fragile and breaks very easily. I bought in Sept (6 weeks ago) and two have broken already. Needless to say perhaps I should have been wary, 3 for 20 - you obviously get what you pay for. I will now spend a little bit more for hopefully a better product.

1.0 out of 5 stars a bad buy, 28 Feb 2013
I thought I was buying one good umbrella. but instead got three very light ones the the wind blows away

ARRAY(0xac356570)