5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Brollies
I have purchased quite a few large umbrellas from various manufacturers/stockists over the years, and most have been absolute rubbish, lasting no time at all. Broken mechanisms, broken stays, canopy turned inside out, failed stitching, you name it.

Published on 29 April 2012 by Cadalist

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that good!
Published on 7 July 2012 by A. CARTWRIGHT

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that good!, 7 July 2012
A. CARTWRIGHT "Adrian" (Leicestershire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Woodworm Golf Premium Double Canopy Golf Umbrella 3 Pack (Sports)
Pack of three - after less than 2 months just one left. Product description is MISLEADING - they do not have a completely fibreglass frame and that's the weak spot! The main shaft and the spars that run from the top down to the tips of the canopy are fibreglass, but the mechanism in the middle that pushes the canopy out is all thin bits of aluminium, and they get easily bent and the slightest kink causes them to crack and snap. They're smart but I wouldN't buy again -i'd make sure an umbrella had a completely fibreglass/composite frame and mechanism.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Brollies, 29 April 2012

I bought this set of three umbrellas based mostly on other customer's feedback and so far I am not disappointed. They seem sturdy, well made and effective. Delivery was also very prompt.

I've only used one of the umbrellas so far (there was plenty of opportunity this sodden weekend!) and it has performed well. I like the automatic opening and vented canopy. Time will tell if they will last, but first impressions are very good.

At the price these umbrellas are a bargain and well worth a 5-Star rating.

Edited: 29 April 2012, 17:56

Having looked again at the quality of these umbrellas, I have just ordered another three. That's one each for the family, and two spares.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, strong and light, 30 Sept. 2011
The umbrella is light, with a windvent, and holds up very well in windy conditions. So far (after one rainy month of use) the automatic opening mechanism works well and it also closes and locks easily; as a 3 pack this is very good value - suspect that if they added one more then it would be even more popular for those 4 ball tours and awaydays!

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 6 Sept. 2011
A good buy for 3 umberellas. Choice of colours to match your other golf accessories. It will do the job and if you want to keep one in your car you have spares.

5.0 out of 5 stars woodworm umbrella, 9 July 2011
this unbrella is what you call the bargain of the year it is light and perfect for all bad weather conditions

5.0 out of 5 stars Two years in...Cheap and weak tips but still going!, 11 Aug. 2014
Had these for a couple of years and all three are broken but still functional.

The ferrule (tip bit) has snapped and cracked on all the umbrellas and did so after only a couple of uses. There are also some rips to the fabric around the spars which causes the material to flap around a bit. I should really replace them but somehow they've continued to work over the last two years.

I must admit they've been used very sparingly though!

These umbrellas are somewhat resistant to wind with the little wind vent thing but I've been really careful to not have they turn inside out and I'd imagine doing so would cause quite a problem for the spars and release mechanism. Don't get this if you're after something particularly robust!

The main thing is that they are light so they sit really nicely in an umbrella holder on the golf trolley.

Overall they are cheap and cheerful but I am unsure if they'd stand up to daily use. Definitely good for the intended purpose of a weekly round of golf though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality product, 20 Dec. 2011
Bought a 3 pack and guess what - all still working aftrer nearly a year - what more can you ask for. Delivery was excellent.

Thank you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very cheap and poor quality, 20 July 2014
Phil (Oxfordshire) - See all my reviews
These umbrellas are of a very low quality and the frame is thin metal not nylon as described. One of the umbrellas had two broken arms on delivery but the seller processed a partial refund which meant I paid approx £2 per umbrella which I think is is good value even though they are of poor quality they should last a while. If you are looking for a strong wind-proof umbrella please spend a little more and get a much stronger framed umbrella.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 28 July 2012
I seemed to have misread, or just bought without reading but getting three in a pack did shock me. So yeah i am pleased with that!

Now the umbrella's themseleves are fantastic they are larger then i expected so walking down the street can be somewhat of a nightmare, but as an art student it's so big i can finally carry my works around without having to hide them under my coat or tucking them right into my body. The umbrella's are incredibly light and do withstand the heavy rain and wind. I have been using mine for a month now and everything is fantastic, they are still in good condition and have withstood quite a lot (since i go walking in the park with my dog a lot)

The only thing i wonder is, are they to big?

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality, Bargain Buy, 6 July 2012
I have never owned a decent quality umbrella, I have the £5 bargains from sports direct with locking mechanisms that fail, canopies blow inside out with a breeze and handles that Guy the Gorilla would struggle to get in his mitt. When I saw these on HUKD I thought now's my chance, not one but 3 for less than a score, the reviews look good but in the back of my mind I had low expectations, £6.66 per brolly is not far off the Sports Direct price. They arrived this morning, a day after ordering, plainly packaged. On opening there's the three colour choices, I opted for the plain black one and opened it straight away. Twin velcro straps to keep the double canopy in check and a push lever release, with a swift whooft the canopy opens in its full glory and I must say I was impressed. The first use was imminent with the summer rain of this year no doubt today it would get used and abused. I went to watch the Olympic torch relay in Hadleigh and was chuffed to see it rain as soon as I got out of the car. The satisfying whooft was back and the canopy was open and protective, a nice size 5ft, not too big that your hitting everyone you pass but enough cover to keep you dry. I was happy to find that the gusty conditions showed no sign of inverting the brolly and the ergo handle was comfortable at all times.
For its first day and first use of one of 3 umbrellas I must say I am very, very happy with my purchase, I will leave one in the car at all times, one will stay at home by the front door and the other will likely be a spare, I expect that 2012 will be one of the wettest summers on record and these will sell like hot cakes.

Brilliant.