on 25 October 2012
This backpack is the only one that I could buy to keep the dirt from the wheels away from my back, so that I could still stay clean. I searched a lot of backpacks and looked for covers over wheels, but this was better as the wheels are on the other side of the backpack. You have to remember to pull the backpack on its front side touching the floor. The handle doesn't really extend that high, so you have to reach low to pull it along. It also is pretty heavy due to its sturdy structure. I pick it up when it's empty and that is how I can tell that it's the backpack alone adding at least 3 kg to the weight added into it.
On the positive side, I use it 3 times a week, to take all of my belongings to dialysis at my hospital. I have to remind the ambulance drivers to pull the backpack from the front side, as they usually end up dragging the bag along from the rear side where there are no wheels - cringe! It is easily placed in the ambulance car boot, so we go to hospital without it travelling around. I haven't taken it on the train to see whether it slides in that environment, but I think that it may be a slider if not held next to you.
I am 5 ft in height, and this backpack is ideal in size for my back length. It may appear too small for those over 6 ft. My husband, who is 5 ft 8 inches, uses the backpack without any major issues. We both love the 3 pocket compartments on it. The biggest one has a hard flap in it, where your laptop (our MacBook Air) easily fits. I normally put a hot water bottle and quite a few magazines into the main compartment. My ipod and big headphones go into the middle compartment, which is slender but rather deep. The front pocket can be filled to the point that it sticks out.
All in all, a good backpack that we would recommend.
on 30 December 2011
When I purchased this backpack, it was not advertised as a 'child's backpack'. As I am quite tall, it is difficult for me to wheel this backpack for any length of time.
I still like it, especially the colour and size, also as it has lots of storage compartments and will carry a laptop without difficulties. It fits into hand luggage without any problems, but is somewhat heavier than I anticipated.
on 10 May 2015
Fantastic bag - takes a large laptop as well as enough clothes for 2 or 3 days business travel.
very well made. my previous version lasted 10 years until i extremely overfilled it and damaged the zip.
Not just for women! I use it as my daily work bag and I'm a 55 year old lab manager!