on 16 September 2011
Whilst this isn't the cheapest iphone charger that you can buy, I bought this item to replace one of the cheaper iphone chargers that I'd previously bought from Amazon, and which really wasn't up to the job.
This is a great quality item, well made and featuring a light on the charger so you know you've got it inserted in the charger slot correctly. Not noticed a problem with a short lead as the other reviewer had commented.
All in all a good item.
on 2 August 2011
I'm using this product in a Mazda MX5 and so far have encountered no issues with charging: you just plug it in and off she goes! As for the build quality, well, it feels very solid and looks great. The only reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is because the coiled cord really is quite short. It doesn't bother me much because the Mazda is a small car, but I imagine this may cause a problem if you are in a big vehicle and need the cord to stretch a considerable distance. But that really is a minor point, all in all, this is a lovely product!
on 10 June 2013
Great value the cord is longer than the original and it charges iphone Andre original ipad in car quickly essential for business use
The Griffin Power Jolt SE is designed in Nashville and made in China and is often available from Amazon for a really good price. It is the best car charger I have used for iPhone and iPod - it works well, looks good and has a high build quality. When plugged in the circle on the plug-top lights up silvery-white and looks very attractive! The cable comes out at ninety degrees so keeps things very low profile and out of the way - handy if your power outlet is near your gear stick. It has a decent power output at one amp which can just about manage to slow charge an iPad if required, and it has an electronic protection circuit which trips and resets, instead of needing to change a fuse, if there is a problem. Worth paying a bit more for quality rather than getting a dodgy cheap one!
on 23 January 2014
Very quick & efficient service. Works well & does exactly what stated. Gives me the option of using my iPhone or satnav for directions
on 9 September 2013
Bought for i phone 4S. Works really well. Good quality. Relatively quick to charge. No problems so far. Therefore would recommend.
on 10 November 2015
Don't waste your time with cheaper alternatives, this is still reasonably inexpensive but it a really good piece of kit. I've been using mine for over 6 months now in my car without a single hitch. The way it's designed fits nice and flush to the cig lighter hole meaning I can plug it into the jack under my arm rest and still shut the lid! The charger has a light ring around the top of it to show when it's charging / charged and just looking at it you can tell it's well made.
on 12 September 2014
Yes, this is a neat and well designed charger. yes it has a quality feel .Yes, it charges my iPhone 4s. No the coiled cable does not extend to 60 inches as claimed, 36 inches and it is over stretched. It does not have a smart fuse, mine at least has a small 2 amp fuse protruding through the side, the fuse looks so small I am guessing a replacement will be almost impossible to find.

If you want a neat, compact and apparently effective iPhone charger at a sensible price, buy it.

4 stars awarded because it does the job and looks good, minus 1 for the misleading description
Fantastic. Well made charger and better than any other I have had. You can see that it's working as the end that plugs into the socket in the car glows orange when the phone is charging and red when the phone is not (helps to locate it in the dark).
on 7 September 2014
Good quality and cheap. Keeps my phone charged and does the job pretty quickly compared to other charges I have used. I use to have one that would literally put a few % on the battery in an hour drive. This one will charge my phone up completely and in decent time too. Well worth the investment.