4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected
I wasn't actually expecting these to be as good as they were. Very accurate (weight wise at least), and very consistent. The Body fat I feel is a litte generous (and by little, I'm mean very - In no world am I 15% body fat), but it is consistent - meaning it is useful enough to track changes, even if the total value isn't exactly correct.

More than worth the...
Published 13 months ago by Daniel Russell-Brain

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely scales - shame about the body fat analyser
These are beautifully designed bathroom scales which were very easy to set up and appeared to give accurate and consistent weight readings. Unfortunately the body fat analysis readings were consistently far too low (ca 20% vs over 30% on professional equipment at the local gym) - flattering but not very useful. Amazon returns service was excellent.
Published 17 months ago by Grumpy Old Man

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Ozeri Touch 200 KG / 440 LBS Digital Bathroom Scale -- Measures Weight, Body Fat, Hydration, Muscle and Bone Mass with Auto Recognition Technology for 8 Personal Profiles (Personal Care)

More than worth the money though - had I actually seen this before I bought it, I would have expected it to cost significantly more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely scales - shame about the body fat analyser, 1 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best multi function scales for the price available., 1 Jan 2014
Reasons I like this product:

1) Accurate and no wavering between weight readings each time you step on and off to test this (other digital scales I've tried can differ up to 6 lbs!).
2) Product 'remembers' you between family members automatically by your weight just by stepping on the scales each morning, so no need to select 'person 1/2/3' etc.
3) Quick set up which wasn't hard to understand or follow.
4) Easy to read bright blue LCD display.
5) Can display both KG, pounds and Stones and pounds (little button on the base).
6) Very slim design with no sharp edges (unlike other square glass designs) and light enough for elderly or younger people to move around the floor.
7) Small footprint doesn't take up too much room (some multi function scales are very wide).
8) Comes with basic booklet to compare body water/muscle/fat percentages for age and sex.

For the price, you can't go wrong in my opinion and I recommend the product to people looking for similar features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality scales, 26 Dec 2013
As a returning member to various diet fad clubs I was always advised that home bought scales "are never as accurate" as the club scales. But they were wrong! These are fabulous looking and spot-on accurate to a high degree. Worth the money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and effective but with an undocumented quirk you have to know about, 13 May 2013
AC (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I chose these scales as we needed the high weight limit these allow and because the reviews here are mostly so positive. I am glad to say I think I made the right choice. There are however a few points I feel should be made, which may be helpful to other buyers.

I am reviewing this product here as a weighing machine only - I haven't seriously investigated the other functions (body fat percentage, etc.). I am also only going to review the second set of these scales that we have - the first behaved inconsistently and were replaced without any fuss by Ozeri - who I found very responsive and helpful to e-mail contact.

Accuracy & Consistency
----------------------

I think the most important aspect of any measuring instrument is that it gives consistent readings - i.e. if your weight hasn't changed the scales read the same weight each time you weigh. Our experience with these scales is that consistency is very good. I can weight myself, get off, let them power-off, then weigh again and get the exactly the same weight the second time. I also frequently compare them with some older digital scales I have and find they difference in the weights they give is almost exactly the same every day - this may raise a question about accuracy but suggests excellent consistency.

The second most important aspect is accuracy. These scales are consistently reading about 2lb higher than our old ones (also digital) but of course it could just as well have been the old ones that are reading low, so I tried another test: I weighed myself on the sophisticated scales are two local GP surgeries, which gave identical weights, then came home and (with exactly the same clothes, keys in pockets, etc., and not having eaten, drunk or gone to the loo) weighed myself on the Ozeri scales. The result was that the Ozeri weighed 0.8lb higher than the surgery scales. Assuming the surgery scales are correct, this represents an error of just over 0.5% - which I think is quite good really and probably all one can reasonably expect.

The scales read to a precision of 0.2lb or 0.1kg. As long as you bear in mind that they're not as accurate as this precision implies, this is still helpful as their consistency means you can reliably detect small changes in your weight from one day to the next or one week to the next, which is I suppose what most of us use bathroom scales for.

Styling
-------

My immediate impression on unpacking these scales was how much nicer they look than I expected. Actually, if you look at all six photos on the Amazon listing, you do get a good impression but the main photo (the only one I looked at) doesn't give any impression of how thin or how stylish they are. They look very sophisticated - mainly resuling from the thin design and the glass platform.

Beware!
-------

The description on Amazon includes this claim: "New StepOn Technology automatically powers on upon contact to display weight measurements and automatically powers off to converse battery power. No tapping needed to activate the scale."

This would be a nice feature. However, what they don't tell you unless you ask is that this is only true if the scales aren't moved. Apparently they have some sort of motion sensor that means they go through a reset after they've been moved. My experience is that this happens during first time you step on them after they've been moved and means that they therefore only give an accurate reading the second time you step on them.

So, if you keep them in a cupboard as we do, get them out and weigh immediately, you get a reading that is up to 6lb too high. Get off, let them settle and then weigh again and you get a good reading. I learnt this through a series of e-mail exchanges with Ozeri who confirm this is how they work but it is not documented as far as I can see in the instruction booklet.

In practice then, unless you keep them in exactly the same position, every time you use the scales you have to first reset them them by pressing down with your foot hard enough to power them on and wait a few seconds for the reading to settle to zero - only then can you step on to weigh yourself. This process is remarkably similar to the tap-before-you-weigh that my older digital scales require, and means that the claim in the description is in my opinion a little misleading.

Once you know about this it's fine and you can easily live with it but I think it's a serious omission that there's nothing in the instructions explaining this.

It is for this deficiency that I am taking off one star.

Summary:
--------

Accuracy: Good
Consistency: Excellent
Precision: Usefully fine
Styling: Excellent
Documentation: Important informatiom missing

Once you know how to use them effectively these are stylish and effective scales with an unusually high weight limit and I recommend them highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 30 Jan 2013
I just got this bathroom scales and i love it. At first while trying to set it up it kept saying that my body fat % was 15% and I thought that it must be a defect with it since so many people were saying the same thing in the reviews, until i discovered that it was because I had it set to athletic rather than regular. Once I figured that out, then all the measurements looked more realistic. Its weird that it doesnt work for the other calculations when you have socks on but it does say you have to use it without socks so :)
Also the shipping was incredibly fast!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not happy, 17 Sep 2012
Found that it is reading heavy by some 6 lbs which went down a storm as you can imagine. The readings vary over a twenty minute break with no drink of water/coffee... fat readings vary for no reason we can fathom. Looks as if we have a lemon unit. Have asked retailer to take it back but no response as yet.

PH

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect!, 6 July 2012
This is a great scale and well worth the 30 I spent on it. Not only does it measure your weight, but also bodyfat, bone and muscle mass, and hydration level. It's easy to use, set up and can measure and store data for up to 8 people. The primary measurement is Kilograms but it can easily be converted into pounds if you so desire. The only negative is I don't think the bodyfat and muscle mass measurements are 100% accurate but at 30, what do you expect. All in all a fantastic product!

1.0 out of 5 stars faulty after 3 uses, 6 Jan 2014
looks a fantastic product which my wife wanted for her christmas present
it worked fine for a few goes and stopped

we replaced the batteries and reset the unit but nothing
the display lights up until the reset button is released but thats it

returned my first ever amazon item

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scales, 11 April 2014
Very pleased with these scales, I am not entirely sure the body fat analisys is 100% accurate, seems a little complimentary to be honest, but it is consistent, so it is good for tracking change rather and absolute measurements.

The scales look great, slim and well constructed, good quality finish and very easy to use. Very pleased with this purchase and would recommend.