5.0 out of 5 stars Denise Welch - Speaks from the heart

2.0 out of 5 stars Just another typical autobiography
Published on 11 Jun 2010 by rieriej

5.0 out of 5 stars Denise Welch - Speaks from the heart, 1 Jun 2010
K. L. Park - See all my reviews
As a fellow sufferer of depression I must admit I thought Denise's book would show some sides of it but bearing in mind how successful she is I didnt expect it to be as excellent as it is. Denise explains it as it is and at some times I had to put the book down as it was like looking in the mirror. The good thing with the book is it isnt all doom and gloom and I was surprised to find myself laughing in some parts. I would particularly recommend this to anyone who has a family member or partner suffering with this illness, I gave it to my mum to read and she was shocked but relieved to see it is in fact a 'common' illness and isnt just down to having a ' low' day. Thank you Denise for bringing this illness into the public eye.Pulling Myself Together

5.0 out of 5 stars A LOOSE WOMAN LETS LOOSE!!!!!!!, 6 Jan 2011
COULDNT PUT DOWN BOOK, EVERY PAGE TO ME WAS A SURPRISE! CHAPTER AFTER CHAPTER GOT BETTER AND THE PICTURES WERE A LOVELY ADDITION, I HAVE READ THE OTHER LOOSE WOMENS AUTOBIOGRAPHYS AND BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THIS THERE NOT A PATCH ON THIS, IF YOU WANT TO WRITE A SENSATIONAL READ TAKE A LOOK AT THIS ! ! !

5.0 out of 5 stars For a life truly lived read this!!, 3 Feb 2011
Matthew McMillan (Weymouth,Dorset.UK) - See all my reviews
I have loved Denise Welch for years and reading the book now only more so. What an amazing strength of character this woman has!! Yes you are only hearing her side but she still factually informs rather than slag somebody for the hell of it. By all accounts David Easter should be tarred and feathered but she still remembers only love for him. Tim Healy is a lucky man and this book made me smile as equally inhale frequently. A classic read.

5.0 out of 5 stars ENJOYABLE READ, 25 May 2010
I really like Denise Welch and was looking forward to reading this book and I was not disappointed. It is funny and sad as she talks about her relationships and her battle with depression.

My only issue would be that she didn't go into her relationships with the 'Loose Women' enough, but thats just my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very real!, 1 Mar 2011
Miss Davis "boodika" (bolton) - See all my reviews
I was amazed at how interested I was in Denise's story. Although she hasn't had this amazingly star-studded exciting 'story', I think that makes it all the more interesting and real. Denise just happens to be famous and has gone through very dark times, having the courage to write about it and let people know how she coped.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good read, 2 Jun 2010
I purchased this book as i felt i could relate to how Denise Welch felt. It was spookily similar to my own personal experiences.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just another typical autobiography, 11 Jun 2010
Well for me this was just an "alright" kinda book. Yes i know its another celeb autobiography but i do get drawn to them. Its an honest account of her life from start to how it is today. She appeared to have a good childhood and a very supporting family. She found her husband, but had an affair (tough to admit in an autobiography and hard for her family to hear i am sure)She talks about her problems with depression which struck a chord in places. I found it hard to read about her going to drugs and alchol but i guess thats the honesty in her book. I wouldnt say this book is going to blow you away - i think you will love it or hate it. for me i just thought its ok. I wouldnt go out of my way to reccomend it to everyone. I guess i am not as interested in her as a person as i thought i might be

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!, 15 Jan 2011
Tracey (East Riding of Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pulling Myself Together (Kindle Edition)
I've always loved Denise's straight talking and her humour is fantastic.. As soon as i started reading this book i loved it. She mentions growing up in the North East of England, which i know quite well.
Her honesty about her sex life..drug addiction and alcoholism is remarkable.
Well done Denise on writing this warts and all book brilliant read and a great insight on how depression affects people too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pulling Myself Together, 20 Feb 2011
Had been humming and harring for a bit as to get this or not, but I'm so glad I did. Denise has been through so much. You follow her from being a child to getting married, divorcing, getting married again and having depression and tring to raise a family. All in the mean time having to work and deal with her mum having cancer. Really good read makes you realise she is also human!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 15 Dec 2010
I bought this Autobiography for my mum for Christmas, as she loves Denise Welch in Loose Women. The delivery was extremely fast and I couldn't of asked more of Amazon for making it easy to purchase! I read this book last week and found it very sad but pleasant ;) It was a brilliant buy and would recommend Amazon to anybody!

Pulling Myself Together