on 18 August 2010
I bought this cover when I became fed up of having to slide my phone out of the leather pouch that I originally purchased to protect it. The pouch offered complete protection from scratches, but I became concerned that I could easily drop the phone while sliding the cover off to answer/make a call.
This Xylo soft rubbery shell has proved to be the answer. It fits my htc Desire well, all the function keys are defined and operable through the shell and cut outs are correctly aligned for the rear camera and flash etc.
I use it in conjunction with a good quality screen protector film.
The rubbery feel of the shell has the added bonus of making the phone feel 'non-slip' in the hand. Well done Xylo.
Plus it arrived in less than 24hrs. by standard delivery.
on 10 August 2010
So having bought a new smart phone I was petrified I was going to drop it and break it - so i looked for a protective case. i couldnt have chosen better! The case is a great fit, and although the buttons are covered they are still 100% responsive and easy to touch. The feel of the case is great as well - soft enough to absorb any impact, yet its not sticky so it always stays clean looking. I am really really pleased, and I've even had strangers with the same phone ask where I got my cover from.
on 22 June 2010
My order arrived in the post this morning, very quick service. The cover is exactly as described, its soft silicone and fits the HTC desire perfectly without hiding any of the external jacks or covering the edges of the touch screen. The buttons of the phone are covered but the silicon case outlines where the buttons are, so the phone can still be used easily. The case itself seems pretty robust, exacly what I needed to protect my phone!
on 25 September 2010
My recently acquired HTC is easily my most expensive phone so far (I've only owned about 4, but almost contrary to Moore's Law seem to pay more each time I upgrade!). Naturally the mere thought of it acquiring a scratch fills me with dread, so buying a skin for it was a bit of a no-brainer for me. After trusting the positive reviews I'm, like so many others, very pleased with this case.
I suppose it looks a bit cheap upon close inspection, in that you can see seams running along the sides, and some of the openings don't look too neatly cut. But I'm just nitpicking, since as a whole the case looks very nice! The way it covers all of the phone means your handset looks far more presentable than it would with a plastic "case" clipped awkwardly to be back. The skin is a very good fit, all the openings and buttons are aligned perfectly. Ok, the thin sides can be pulled back from the sides of the screen using force but I don't think it's physically possible to prevent this with a soft case. Some people have implied that the fact it covers the front buttons is a negative thing. Personally I think this is a good selling-point! Covering the buttons protects them from dust and grime, and means you can feel slightly less guilty about using them with grubby fingers. Oh, and the case's "buttons" are labelled too so you won't forget which does what.
The only negative impacts the skin has on the phone's usability are:
1. The opening for the heaphone jack is the same diameter as the jack itself, which probably makes it hard to plug in most headphone varieties without altering the case.
2. The optical trackball is indented once you put on the case. It's still comfortable to use, but obviously isn't quite as nice to rub as it was without the case.
3. The case doesn't cover the touchscreen itself but you probably will find your fingers brush it occasionally when accessing the edges of the screen (eg, using a scrollbar). On the plus side, the case will probably extend the life of any screen-protectors you apply by preventing them from peeling at the edges.

The case is approx over a mm thick. Whilst I still wouldn't want to drop my phone on concrete (who would?!?), this skin (combined with a screen-protector) almost entirely cocoons the phone and so gives you the reassurance that you can set the phone on a rough or dirty surface or in your pocket without it getting scratched. I'd definitely recommend it!
review image
on 26 November 2010
Delivery came pretty quick, so no issues there. The case itself feels like it is robust however the left side of the case is a little loose and doesn't fit the phone as tight as it should.

The other thing is that the edges do not appear to be cut cleanly and there is slight silicon protruding out making the it look tacky.

I suppose you get what you pay for.

I think I will order the casemate barely there case. Case-Mate Barely There Rubber Case for HTC Desire - Black

If you want a cheap case to protect your phone then get this but if you want one that makes the phone stand out and protect your phone I would advise against this.
on 13 July 2012
This silicon case for the HTC Desire S smartphone does add quite a bit of size to the handset; more than 2 mm in every direction, so keep that in mind when purchasing.

The case itself feels nice in the hand with a matte surface that gives a very good grip to the device, the colour is also actually the colour black (sometimes you'll find other covers advertised as black only to find they are more a dark shade of grey). The ports are accessible when the case is on though the headphone port is slightly of centre so it did get in the way of some headphone jacks I have used.

Unfortunately these positives don't quite hold up against the negatives of this cover; the cover is a dust magnet. Put your phone down on any surface with a little fluff/dust/fibres on it and you'll find your case covered in them with you pick it up; they are also quite hard to remove. The moulding seams on the case aren't all very clean but for the price you can't expect a perfectly produced case. The worst part about this case however has to be that it doesn't fulfil it's function of protecting the device when out of a pocket very well; when you pull you phone out of a pocket that is tight, or even just a little tight, around the device, the cover was pulled off the phone leaving it unprotected, I fumbled a couple of times when this happens (stomach in the mouth type moment). It is a little disappointing it doesn't hold onto the device as well as you'd want it to.

All in all this case will protect your Desire S from the odd drop and bash, and at the price it could be a pick-up and throw away case for an outing, but as an on-all-the-time-case I would recommend buying something out of the "hard case/gel type material" range, as this case isn't secure enough and is a pain to keep clean.
on 25 November 2011
Buy this type of case for your phone, you will not regret it. I have had my case for over a year now and it is almost like new. It has protected my phone very well and has a nice look and feel to it. I have bought another case from this seller for my next phone.Brand New Black XYLO ACCESSORIES Soft Flexible Silicone Skin / Case / Cover for the HTC Sensation Mobile Phone
on 20 August 2012
I've had this case on my phone for almost two years now so I reckon it's been tested enough to make a review worthwhile. Over the course of those two years the phone has been dropped countless times, attacked by my cat, sat on and generally abused. The case has taken a lot of punishment and while on the back it looks a little worn, apart from that it has done a good job of keeping the phone intact and working.

It's well made, the phone is easy to operate through the case itself and I actually forget sometimes that the phone didn't come with it as standard. On the very rare occasion when I take the case off, the phone looks brand new.

I can't really say any more than that, it does exactly what it says on the tin. If I had to make the purchasing decision all over again I wouldn't hesitate to buy this.
on 17 October 2010
Snug fit, well designed holes where they need to be. Buttons along bottom are covered (except for the 'track ball'), but all work well.
The product itself, feels good, does not attract fluff or dirt, and looks good.
Does not add to the dimensions of the Desire, feels good in the hand and is non slip.
Highly rate this product.
The service was excellent as well, just about next day delivery if I remember rightly.
on 26 July 2011
This product certainly protects my partners HTC Desire but the design of the cover prevents his phone from working properly! When he receives or make calls, his screen goes blank because of the way the cover is designed at the top. If he removes the cover for the calls, it works fine. V odd.