5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it looks!
I've owned this all in one PC for a few weeks now and thought I would add my review. This is a brilliant PC. I have a small room at home I use as my office and this fits in perfectly. The system is big, bright and powerful. It's also heavy but then you're not carrying it round all day. This really does look the part.

I love it because it's powerful and has...
Published on 10 Mar 2011 by Clare T

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, glitzy, unreliable
Looks lovely out of the box and worked well (at first). Touchscreen is a bit of a gimmick as you will find yourself having to clean the screen regularly and very carefully to avoid scratching. Unfortunately had numerous problems with HDD and power supply.

Bad points:
Published on 27 Feb 2011 by Comical Engineer

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it looks!, 10 Mar 2011
This review is from: Sony VAIO VPCL13M1E 24" Desktop PC, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E7500, 4GB, 1TB, Windows 7 Home Premium (Electronics)

I love it because it's powerful and has enough space for our pictures, videos , music and documentts. My husband loves the fact that it has a touch screen, good built in speakers and he can play his video games on it. My son loves the large screen for when he plays games.

It was expensive, over [] from high street chain but it was money well spent.

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, glitzy, unreliable, 27 Feb 2011
Comical Engineer "comicaleng" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Bad points:
* Sony have locked the driver installation down so you have to wait for them to release the updated drivers via their website rather than download direct from the manufacturer
* Some of the software supplied is distinctly flaky
* Sony helpdesk is in ....... Egypt and staffed by some people who have a poor grasp of the English language
* Sony returns policy is that they will not replace until it has broken SIX times. We are on number four....
* Repairs are slow and limited information is provided on progress
* Installing another operating system e.g. Linux or even XP Pro will invalidate the warranty completely
* Speaker sound is not that great
* Being an "integrated" design, if the screen goes, you lose the whole PC until is is fixed
* Similarly, if the keyboard breaks under warranty, Sony want the whole machine back

Summary:
* Gimmicky touch screen, not a serious business PC
* Very poor Sony customer service
* One bit breaks, you lose the whole PC
* Based on this experience I would avoid Sony in the future

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok...useable, 10 Jun 2011
I bought one of these during Sony's VAT back offer and therefore paid nearly 200 less than the RRP. I would have been disapointed to pay the full RRP for it, simply because I'd of been paying for a PC as expensive as an iMac but just doesn't have the quality that comes with a mac.

I think the price that the sellers on amazon have this item at is relevant and is a good buy for someone looking for something that can be used generally for PC use; if you are planning to use the machine for anything other than general PC use then I'd suggest paying a little more and getting your hands on a Mac or equally a more powerful PC, some of the HP laptops listed on this site would suffice.

Obviously Windows 7 is a happy addition to this pretty PC.

I digest, I've had no problems with it and it has served me well so far - but if it were up to me I'd probably rewind and get hold of a new macbook pro. Otherwise it's very attractive and a cool addition to my office environment.

I'd also add to take the one star review with a pinch of salt, it also confused me slightly because the review suggests a blu ray player where this model doesn't come with blu ray technology; which would be the reason behind it not playing blu ray discs...but it does offer full HD resolution, which is very nice when watching the free HD channels online such as the iPlayer

1.0 out of 5 stars Will let you down in 12 months.........., 9 Feb 2011
Got one, was ok for 12 months, then blu ray performance disappeared. Can't watch blu-ray movies & can't read/write to blu ray media. Sony helpdesk is on the other side of the world and try to avoid dealing with the issues. Not fit for purpose and you should avoid like the plague!