Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£19.99

I love these In Depth books. Books that outline features and give me a bit of a start are great. I work through them, learn a few things, and generally the book gets donated to a local charity during the next donation drive.

However, with I tend to keep (and use) the In Depth ones for reference. Like the other books, when I get them I go through and always find new tricks, usually followed by some sort of pet project or overhaul of my existing system be that web based, bookkeeping, email setup, etc. With Excel, that tends to be my bookkeeping, accounting, and marketing evaluation systems.

Afterwards, I find myself going back to these reference books to solve problems and to clarify how to do something. Often, I get ideas by reading a blog posting or another book then turn to these In Depth books to figure out how to make my idea work.
Excel 2010 In Depth has 1114 pages. Topics range from the simple overview of the new ribbon features and how to customize the Excel workspace area through the basics of creating databases and using formulas for automatic computations to more in depth topics like macros and pivot table. All topics include illustrations, definitions, explanations, and instructions.
on 20 January 2012
In Que's normal style, well written and quite comprehensive . Ensure all pages are bound in the book as the first copy I received was missing 50 pages!

I have been buying Que books for over 20 years. In the past examples and the text of the book were included on a CD. Now you have to use the Safari on line service to access it electronically which is fair enough as it keeps costs down. However you only get 45 days access to the book and you cannot download any chapters without paying for credits. A money spinner for the publisher but a backward step for the customer in an electronic age.
on 2 January 2012
This book from the QUE publishers is a very comprehensive guide to the latest Excel software. Not the book for those who just want help with key features because of its size. However, just the job for those who may want to exploit all of the Excel features.
on 29 January 2012
I love this book, although their is a major error on page 808. the screen shot is not correct, and the calculation numbers they are not added up.
on 12 September 2014
not bad
on 21 January 2012
I would like to comment specifically on Chapter 26 especially the part (Page 808) dealing with Solver.

My first observation is that the screen shots do not appear to match what I see in Excel 2010, rather they resemble what is seen in Excel 2003. The example on Page 808 would be a useful example for me to work with but I cannot fathom out how the calculations in cells E13:E20 have been computed. Are they figures that have been conjured out of thin air - or what?

My second observation is that the Author appears not to deal with any of the new options available in Excel 2010 thus rendering this section virtually worthless to me.

Any suggestions please...