Format: Kindle Edition|Change

This is a novella, but it packed in a whole tale that I actually found pretty good. I'm not a fan of her Simply series, as I find the characters non-likeable and too 'anything goes', but this one had a decent underlying tale.

James was forced to marry Arabella, as her father, a commoner, wanted a title for her, and used James's impoverished state and family secret to blackmail him. He also told his daughter that James had married her for money, nothing else - and neither of them knew about the other's reasons for marrying. So, after a dire wedding night, James disappeared, having asked his best friend Tom to show Araballa about passion, to make amends for his brutal taking of her.

Two years on, James is freed at her father's death and returns to claim his wife, who still loves him, as his friend Tom tells it, but Arabella is still seeing Tom, for who, she has genuine likeness. James tells Tom that he is happy for him to continue sleeping with his wife, if it makes her happy, and they decide to arrange a menage for her. And it is pretty hot, til she susses that they must know each other more intimately than they ever let on, and turns the tables on them.

Overall, a good read, with a believable tale for the time in which it was set, some actually likeable characters. Not a clear HEA for the married couple or for the trio, but for once, it didn't matter to me. Not sure why - possibly as Arabella was not the clingy, gushy type and didn't need declarations, and because her seeing Tom had helped him get over the loss of his wife and maybe now they didn't need each other enough for a permanent menage - or maybe they did. Who knows other than the trio, but still the book worked for me.
on 20 July 2014
This a short story set in regency era. Two lovers have an awful wedding night because of her father jealousy. He is told to stay away from his daughter. She takes,a lover the estate manager who turns out to be the best friend of her husband. This lover has been educating her in the,ways of live. After her father funeral her husband returns, will he be welcome in her bed, what will happen to her lover, is it happened after.
on 22 April 2014
I'm not sure about the current trend for MFM threesomes in romance. I found the heroes' reason for setting his best friend to sexually educate his wife in his absence bizarre, and the heroines' only response to discovering this is to tie both men to a bed!
Maybe as a longer story, with more background and bigger gaps between the sex, this would have gelled better, and I may not think the hero is just a git.
on 18 October 2013
This short book has a good story line, but is mostly about explicit sex, between the earls wife and his best friend, then the husband gets in on the action making up a three some. Not my type of book.
on 19 May 2014
I loved this, I found it hot and sexy...and would love my own James & Tom...maybe my own Arabella ; D
on 11 October 2014
This reminds me of Sylvia Day's historical novels,in a good way! Love it Strong storyline and the sex is HOT ! Have several of this author's books on my wishlist after reading this
on 1 December 2014
For a free Kindle book this was well written and a bit of sexy period escapism. I really enjoyed it and would have liked it to be a bit longer.
on 25 February 2014
it was a great short story for no money. I liked the way it was written and the characters. I would recommend it.