5.0 out of 5 stars The beginning of a new country star, 10 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Take Me As I Am (Audio CD)
I have bought Faith's last two albums (Breathe and Faith) and this one has to be her most country album she has recorded. But that doesn't mean that it's bad. On the contrary, it is a great album, I loved it the first time I listened to it. I love her version of Piece of My Heart, it's so different to the original. Wild One and I Would Be Stronger Than That are my other favourite tracks on this album. This first offering from Faith shows off her great voice and the way she feels the lyrics and successfully passes this on to her listeners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb! Real Country Music! I love it!, 13 April 2007
Mr. Thomas Perkins (Plymouth, Devon, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take Me As I Am (Audio CD)
This is another of Faith's best albums. This and the follow-up album "It Matters To Me" are her best ever in my opinion. They are real Country Music even though they have a modern feel (a bit like Shania Twain is, but obviously not a patch on her because no one compares to the amazing Shania!!)

I wish Faith would make more albums like these 2 because in my opinion they are so much better than her newer 'pop' stuff! I am a bit biased though because I am a huge Country fan. However, don't get me wrong because I think Faith Hill's newer stuff is good too! I really like her UK hit "This Kiss" even though it is not all that country.

When I bought these 2 CD's I was not all that sure about Faith Hill because I had one of her newer 'Pop' UK CD's and (with the exception of a couple tracks) wasn't over keen. Don't get me wrong it was a good CD but just not really my kind of thing. However I was wrong because these are both superb albums and I am glad I bought them.

It is a bit like with LeAnn Rimes (who I also like). I loved her earlier 'real Country' albums but some of her newer stuff is less to my taste (however I prefer her newer stuff to Faith's newer stuff). However, these 2 albums are far better than any LeAnn Rimes!!!!!

A must for any Country fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars An impressive debut, 16 Feb 2012
Torben Retboll (Thailand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take Me As I Am (Audio CD)
"Take me as I am" by Faith Hill was released on a CD on the label Warner Bros. in October 1993. There are 10 tracks on this album, and the total running time is about 34 minutes.

Faith Hill was born in 1967; in 1996 she married Tim McGraw, who is sometimes described as the King of Country Music. If he is the king, she is the queen. She has released several albums, some studio recordings and some compilations.

"Take me as I am" is her debut album. Inside the jewel-case there are liner notes which you can take out and fold out. There are 2 x 4 pages including five pictures of the artist. The liner notes provide detailed information about the music on the CD. For each track you will find the title, the running time, the names of the composers, the lyrics to the song, and the names of the musicians who appear on this album. Here is the list of the musicians:

* Lonnie Wilson - drums
* Brent Mason & Dan Huff - electric guitar
* Paul Franklin - steel guitar, dobro
* Stuart Duncan - mandolin, fiddle
* John Catchings - cello
* Larry Stewart - duet vocal on track # 5 "I've got this Friend"

The following musicians appear on track # 8 "Just around the Eyes" which is written by Gary Burr:

* Harry Stinson - drums
* Glen Worf - electric bass
* Edgar Meyer - acoustic bass
* Biff Watson - acoustic guitar
* Jerry Douglas - dobro
* Rob Hajacos - fiddle
* Terry McMillan - percussion
* Gary Burr - background vocals

If the CD is played on a computer, the titles and the names of the composers will show up on the screen.

Faith Hill is not known as a songwriter, she is known as a singer. But she is listed as co-author for two songs on this album: track # 5 "I've got this Friend" and track # 9 "Go the Distance."

She has a powerful voice, and she knows how to pick some good songs. Some tracks are slow and soft songs, such as tracks # 3, 5, 7, 8 and 10, while others are faster and have a hard beat, such as tracks # 1, 2, 4, 6, and 9.

Track # 10 "I would be stronger than that" (also written by Gary Burr) is a slow but very intense song about a wife who is being abused by her husband but who cannot seem to find a way to leave him. In the song Faith Hill makes a promise to herself: she will not accept a situation like this. The chorus runs as follows:

*** Where's her head? Where's her nerve?
*** Does part of her think this is all she deserves?
*** Oh, I would be stronger
*** I would not stay one minute longer
*** I would be stronger than that

[Gary Burr was a member of the country rock band Pure Prairie League 1982-1985, before he moved to Nashville, where he became a famous songwriter.]

"Take me as I am" was a commercial success. In the US alone more than three million copies have been sold and worldwide more than four million copies have been sold. It reached # 7 on the US Top Country Albums and # 59 on the US Billboard 200, which is quite impressive for a debut album.

Four singles were released from the album: both "Wild One" and "Piece of my Heart" reached # 1 on the US charts. "But I will" did not do quite as well, but the title track "Take me as I am" reached # 2 on the US charts.

["Piece of my Heart" - written by Bert Burns & Jerry Ragavoy - is a cover version of a song which was first recorded in 1967 by Erma Franklin (1938-2002). It became famous in 1968, when it was recorded by Big Brother and the Holding Company featuring Janis Joplin (1943-1970).]

The success is well-deserved. If you ask me, all ten tracks on this album deserve five stars. If you like country music - country rock or country pop - I think you will enjoy this album.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Debut That Started It Off For Faith!!!!, 17 July 2008
This review is from: Take Me As I Am (Audio CD)
Faith Hill started out more traditional country with her first 2 albums before crossing over to Pop/Country territory,which was a shame as this and her second album are her best work!
This album includes her classic hits Take Me As I Am,Wild One and Piece Of My Heart.All excellent,catchy uptempos.
Other gems include the duet with Larry Stewart I've Got This Friend and the lovely ballads Just About Now,Just Around The Eyes and I Would Be Stronger Than That(great lyrics to this song)
Produced by Scott Hendricks- her now ex boyfriend,since she went on to marry Tim McGraw.It's a great collection of traditional 90's country music,that I'm sure anyone will enjoy....

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Take Me As I Am (MP3 Download)
Beautiful voice lovely CD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Take Me As I Am (Audio CD)
As expected the item was used but I had thought they might have cleaned the disc prior to dispatch. However, the CD still worked fine so no real complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain - low price CD from top Country Star, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Take Me As I Am (MP3 Download)
I have always liked Faith Hill's performances and this CD introduced some tracks I had not heard and others not heard so often. All in all some great performances and, at this price, what a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars great voice, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: Take Me As I Am (MP3 Download)
never in my opinion sung a bad song ,every song on this album as good as the ones before,what a great voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Counyrt Queen, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: Take Me As I Am (MP3 Download)
I am not a big country and western fan but this is a great background listen full of heartache and tears

5.0 out of 5 stars Still love leasing to this music ., 21 July 2013
This review is from: Take Me As I Am (MP3 Download)
I bought this years ago and was delighted to see I could download it onto my Kindle.I was able to lesson to it on holiday and on the plane .one of her best .

Take Me As I Am