3,231 Reviews
 (2,259)

4.0 out of 5 stars Super dongle
Needing 8gbs in order to back up my system I chose Kingston because they have always suited me and came recommended by my IT Consultant. I like the slide over cover and the new addition of a flashing light whilst copying. So very well satisfied with it and your service. GB
Published on 21 Feb. 2011 by G. Byatt

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
2.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine.. for a while!!
I bought it for backing up work when based out of office on a weekly basis. Was roking fine then after two months it started slowing way down when I started to use if for every day tasks. In the last week of it's life it was chronically slow, would fail to be recognised after being left plugged in for a while. Finally, it wasnt recoginsesed at all by any computer I tried...
Published on 10 Oct. 2012 by Conor Mansell

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 26 Dec. 2011
Very poor transfer rate on this product,would not buy another. Build quality is good though with no cap to lose.

1.0 out of 5 stars crap item, 13 Mar. 2014
rubbish everything you connect it to does not recognise it.one to avoid I think. gave it one star for turning up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 21 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 32GB USB Flash Drive - Purple (Personal Computers)
I am disappointed in this item. It seems to lose connection with my computer all the time and it's a hit or a miss whether or not I can access it from any computer. Think it's too late now to send back but I won't buy it again. Very disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Kingston Data Traveller, 1 Oct. 2011
Price very good and delivery by return of post - all in all a very good service. Items worked as expected

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 19 Mar. 2012
I got two of these memory sticks each of 32 Gigs. The second one would only take 5 Gigs of data, telling me not enough space for additional file while I am trying to load a 3 Gig file.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy these, 4 Mar. 2014
I ordered two 16gb USB drives. Within 2 days, neither one worked.

The first was going to be my main work stick. it let me copy about 10gb over, then all of a sudden 'no more space'. I've deleted everything from it, tried to save a powerpoint presentation, and still get told there's no space.

The second was going to be the usb stick I used for my lectures. Same deal. Literally had 4 presentations on it, and then one day 'no more space'.

I feel conned! My last Kingston was reliable and lasted 3 years. I'll look elsewhere from now on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kingston Technology 64GB Datatraveler USB 2.0 Flash Drive, 6 Dec. 2012
I am not satisfied because this flash drive is too slow. Four times slower than the 16GB version.
I don't recommend it to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty, 21 Jan. 2014
Purchased this item around 4 months ago, started using it for work around the middle of december. It no longer functions, no computers detect it when it is in the USB port. Since I can not access the data to delete it I do not wish to send back for a replacement with work documents still on the memeory stick. Disappointed at the loss of £13 odd. POOR!

1.0 out of 5 stars Formatting nightmare, 26 Nov. 2012
Found this USB stick very dificult to format. Tried many various options use=ing different OS.

I ended up downloading a 3rd party utility. Not great Would not buy again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed with the product, 11 Dec. 2012
D. Quigley - See all my reviews
I bought two 64GB flash drives which I received promptly. Unfortunately this is as good a my experience got.

One drive was unreadable from the get go and needed to be formatted while the second drive appeared to be ok....I transferred a large amount of data to the drive and removed it. When I reinserted the drive to the pc some of the files were gone and it wouldn't let me write any more data to the drive. When I inserted it into a different pc it told me I needed to reformat the drive.

I formatted both drives repeatedly with every file system type I could on two different computers but the result was the same. As soon as the drive had any data on it, it became unreadable and needed to be formatted.

It has been over a year since I bought a flash drive and I had been pleasantly surprised at the apparent cheapness of the flash drives but they were simply USELESS. The cheap throw away models that we give away in work are far more reliable. I'm hugely disappointed that not one but both of the drives were utterly rubbish. I hate to not be able to fix something myself and I spent a considerable amount of time researching what the possible reason could be for their malfunctions.

I can't see myself purchasing drives from this manufacturer or vendor again.