2,736 Reviews
 (1,892)

4.0 out of 5 stars Super dongle
Needing 8gbs in order to back up my system I chose Kingston because they have always suited me and came recommended by my IT Consultant. I like the slide over cover and the new addition of a flashing light whilst copying. So very well satisfied with it and your service. GB
Published on 21 Feb 2011 by G. Byatt

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine.. for a while!!
I bought it for backing up work when based out of office on a weekly basis. Was roking fine then after two months it started slowing way down when I started to use if for every day tasks. In the last week of it's life it was chronically slow, would fail to be recognised after being left plugged in for a while. Finally, it wasnt recoginsesed at all by any computer I tried...
Published on 10 Oct 2012 by Conor Mansell

2.0 out of 5 stars Great price, slow speed, 15 Nov 2012
C. McManus (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
The product is at a great price from a reputable manufacturers, but the write speed is as slow as I've ever seen. It will take you a long time to fill this!

Using it to save files I rescued from a friends broken laptop. This consisted of about 40GB of files from My Documents and My Pictures folders. The write speed is around 2.5 MC/Second, so it takes a good while to do the transfer.

1.0 out of 5 stars crap item, 13 Mar 2014
rubbish everything you connect it to does not recognise it.one to avoid I think. gave it one star for turning up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 19 Mar 2012
This review is from: Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 32GB USB Flash Drive - Purple (Personal Computers)
I got two of these memory sticks each of 32 Gigs. The second one would only take 5 Gigs of data, telling me not enough space for additional file while I am trying to load a 3 Gig file.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kingston Technology 64GB Datatraveler USB 2.0 Flash Drive, 6 Dec 2012
I am not satisfied because this flash drive is too slow. Four times slower than the 16GB version.
I don't recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Kingston Data Traveller, 1 Oct 2011
Price very good and delivery by return of post - all in all a very good service. Items worked as expected

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy these, 4 Mar 2014
I ordered two 16gb USB drives. Within 2 days, neither one worked.

The first was going to be my main work stick. it let me copy about 10gb over, then all of a sudden 'no more space'. I've deleted everything from it, tried to save a powerpoint presentation, and still get told there's no space.

The second was going to be the usb stick I used for my lectures. Same deal. Literally had 4 presentations on it, and then one day 'no more space'.

I feel conned! My last Kingston was reliable and lasted 3 years. I'll look elsewhere from now on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Formatting nightmare, 26 Nov 2012
Found this USB stick very dificult to format. Tried many various options use=ing different OS.

I ended up downloading a 3rd party utility. Not great Would not buy again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 21 Jan 2014
I am disappointed in this item. It seems to lose connection with my computer all the time and it's a hit or a miss whether or not I can access it from any computer. Think it's too late now to send back but I won't buy it again. Very disappointed

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless Rubbish, 5 Jan 2014
I've used this design of memory-sticks in the past, but Kingston now appear to have made some design changes that make them utterly useless:

1. Speed - this is by far the slowest memory stick I've used, and is slower than a 2gb version of the same model that I got several years ago.

2. Non-Standard - this is not a standard USB memory stick: windows detects it as some kind of optical drive, not a USB memory stick; it cannot be repartitioned, even using MacOS or Linux & it cannot be used as a boot drive.

Based on these unadvertised and undesirable product changes - I will certainly not be either buying, or recommending any of their products again.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 9 Oct 2011
Kingston data traveler 101 gen 2 8GB usb drive red
Nice Usb drive very pleased with it and great to put in your purse nice price satisfied great