2,716 Reviews
 (1,877)

4.0 out of 5 stars Super dongle
Needing 8gbs in order to back up my system I chose Kingston because they have always suited me and came recommended by my IT Consultant. I like the slide over cover and the new addition of a flashing light whilst copying. So very well satisfied with it and your service. GB
Published on 21 Feb 2011 by G. Byatt

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine.. for a while!!
Published on 10 Oct 2012 by Conor Mansell

4.0 out of 5 stars Super dongle, 21 Feb 2011
G. Byatt (Cheltenham, England) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine.. for a while!!, 10 Oct 2012
This review is from: Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 32GB USB Flash Drive - Purple (Personal Computers)
I bought it for backing up work when based out of office on a weekly basis. Was roking fine then after two months it started slowing way down when I started to use if for every day tasks. In the last week of it's life it was chronically slow, would fail to be recognised after being left plugged in for a while. Finally, it wasnt recoginsesed at all by any computer I tried. In fact, it caused machines to freeze and crash as they attempted to communicate with it!

Now doesnt show up on Windows on Linux, Windows Disk manager cant do anything with it, cant format it, now a useless piece of plastic and metal.

Luckily I didn't lose anything valuable on it! Even though it was a generic, cheap memory stick, I would have expected more than two month life span.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty, 21 Jan 2014
Purchased this item around 4 months ago, started using it for work around the middle of december. It no longer functions, no computers detect it when it is in the USB port. Since I can not access the data to delete it I do not wish to send back for a replacement with work documents still on the memeory stick. Disappointed at the loss of £13 odd. POOR!

1.0 out of 5 stars stoped working 3 days after the 30 days return policy, 20 Feb 2014
Just stopped working, tried with divers utility software for mac and pc, just dead... Kingston is usually reliable but I wouldn't recommend this particular item.

1.0 out of 5 stars A cheap copy, 7 Mar 2014
I already have a Kingston data traveller and this compared to the original is obviously a cheap copy.

I copied some movies to it and they wont play, but when copied to another usb stick they work.. I wouldn't buy

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy these, 4 Mar 2014
I ordered two 16gb USB drives. Within 2 days, neither one worked.

The first was going to be my main work stick. it let me copy about 10gb over, then all of a sudden 'no more space'. I've deleted everything from it, tried to save a powerpoint presentation, and still get told there's no space.

The second was going to be the usb stick I used for my lectures. Same deal. Literally had 4 presentations on it, and then one day 'no more space'.

I feel conned! My last Kingston was reliable and lasted 3 years. I'll look elsewhere from now on.

1.0 out of 5 stars 100% failure rate, 20 Mar 2013
I bought 4 of these drives in January and they've only been used a couple of times since then. All four have now failed completely leading to data loss and corruption. I had to re-copy data onto a number of smaller drives to get the job done. They got one star as Amazon doesn't offer a zero-star rating. I've had other Kingston drives which do work reasonably well, but a 100% failure rate in this batch makes me want to go to other makes and other suppliers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Large but slow, 15 Jan 2013
I already have a 16GB DataTraveler 101 Gen 2 which I was happy with so when I needed more space I thought I would get the larger model.
The 32GB version is much slower with average transfer rates of only 6Mb/s compared to 14Mb/s for the 16Gb model (same files, same USB slot). More than twice as long to copy the same files. I will keep this product but I am still looking for a larger replacement for my 16Gb DataTraveler 101 Gen 2.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, 18 Dec 2012
This worked a few times but after a couple of weeks could not get to work. I contacted Kingston to try and find out what was wrong they informed me it was a fake and to send it back which I have done today.
If you buy this be very careful its not a fake like mine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 26 Dec 2011
Very poor transfer rate on this product,would not buy another. Build quality is good though with no cap to lose.