3,296 Reviews
 (2,308)

4.0 out of 5 stars Super dongle
Needing 8gbs in order to back up my system I chose Kingston because they have always suited me and came recommended by my IT Consultant. I like the slide over cover and the new addition of a flashing light whilst copying. So very well satisfied with it and your service. GB
Published on 21 Feb. 2011 by G. Byatt

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine.. for a while!!
Published on 10 Oct. 2012 by Conor Mansell

4.0 out of 5 stars Super dongle, 21 Feb. 2011
G. Byatt (Cheltenham, England) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine.. for a while!!, 10 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 32GB USB Flash Drive - Purple (Personal Computers)
I bought it for backing up work when based out of office on a weekly basis. Was roking fine then after two months it started slowing way down when I started to use if for every day tasks. In the last week of it's life it was chronically slow, would fail to be recognised after being left plugged in for a while. Finally, it wasnt recoginsesed at all by any computer I tried. In fact, it caused machines to freeze and crash as they attempted to communicate with it!

Now doesnt show up on Windows on Linux, Windows Disk manager cant do anything with it, cant format it, now a useless piece of plastic and metal.

Luckily I didn't lose anything valuable on it! Even though it was a generic, cheap memory stick, I would have expected more than two month life span.

3.0 out of 5 stars Large but slow, 15 Jan. 2013
I already have a 16GB DataTraveler 101 Gen 2 which I was happy with so when I needed more space I thought I would get the larger model.
The 32GB version is much slower with average transfer rates of only 6Mb/s compared to 14Mb/s for the 16Gb model (same files, same USB slot). More than twice as long to copy the same files. I will keep this product but I am still looking for a larger replacement for my 16Gb DataTraveler 101 Gen 2.

1.0 out of 5 stars 100% failure rate, 20 Mar. 2013
I bought 4 of these drives in January and they've only been used a couple of times since then. All four have now failed completely leading to data loss and corruption. I had to re-copy data onto a number of smaller drives to get the job done. They got one star as Amazon doesn't offer a zero-star rating. I've had other Kingston drives which do work reasonably well, but a 100% failure rate in this batch makes me want to go to other makes and other suppliers.

1.0 out of 5 stars A cheap copy, 7 Mar. 2014
I already have a Kingston data traveller and this compared to the original is obviously a cheap copy.

I copied some movies to it and they wont play, but when copied to another usb stick they work.. I wouldn't buy

1.0 out of 5 stars stoped working 3 days after the 30 days return policy, 20 Feb. 2014
Just stopped working, tried with divers utility software for mac and pc, just dead... Kingston is usually reliable but I wouldn't recommend this particular item.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, 18 Dec. 2012
This worked a few times but after a couple of weeks could not get to work. I contacted Kingston to try and find out what was wrong they informed me it was a fake and to send it back which I have done today.
If you buy this be very careful its not a fake like mine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless Rubbish, 5 Jan. 2014
I've used this design of memory-sticks in the past, but Kingston now appear to have made some design changes that make them utterly useless:

1. Speed - this is by far the slowest memory stick I've used, and is slower than a 2gb version of the same model that I got several years ago.

2. Non-Standard - this is not a standard USB memory stick: windows detects it as some kind of optical drive, not a USB memory stick; it cannot be repartitioned, even using MacOS or Linux & it cannot be used as a boot drive.

Based on these unadvertised and undesirable product changes - I will certainly not be either buying, or recommending any of their products again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with most devices, 1 Mar. 2014
Although this item falls under Amazon Prime, my first order did not arrive. After calling Amazon to complain, a second USB was dispatched to me. The USB is bulky and unattractive but what's worse is that it is not compatible with all my devices. My Xbox did not recognise it and neither did a number of my families laptops. Waste of money. Have returned mine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great price, slow speed, 15 Nov. 2012
C. McManus (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
The product is at a great price from a reputable manufacturers, but the write speed is as slow as I've ever seen. It will take you a long time to fill this!

Using it to save files I rescued from a friends broken laptop. This consisted of about 40GB of files from My Documents and My Pictures folders. The write speed is around 2.5 MC/Second, so it takes a good while to do the transfer.