5.0 out of 5 stars Epson Original Fox MultiPack T1285
After searching for ages for these inks at a good price hey presto, here they are. Brilliant price and very quick delivery. I will be buying from here again without any hesitation.
Published on 25 Feb 2011 by Jacqueline Rampley

1.0 out of 5 stars ink volume too small
I honestly don't recommend you buy this Epson Fox mulipack, it's a rip-off. They only have a tiny 3.5ml of ink in each cartridge. Trust me, you'll be constantly replacing them. Recommend buying Epsons 'Apple T1295' multipack instead. You get double the ink in the same size cartridges, and it works out cheaper.
Published on 28 April 2012 by Ewok

‹ Previous | 1 2 351 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed, 3 Mar 2012
Slightly disappointed that this item was not in its original packaging, I can't see anywhere on the product information that it states it will not be in the packaging. Just hoping they work now.

5.0 out of 5 stars There's no substitute for the 'real' thing!, 9 Nov 2011
Angela Fernandez (Rochester, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson Durabrite T1285 Fox Genuine Multipack Ink Cartridges (Electronics)
With the relatively, (some might say 'exorbitantly') high prices of genuine original manufacturer's inkjet cartridges, it might be very tempting and seemingly obvious, to opt for the very much cheaper, so called 'compatible' versions. Indeed, I would be very high on the list of those who decry the ridiculously high prices manufacturers charge for their own brand originals.

With the seemingly artificially low prices of most manufacturer's printers, particularly those in the lower price ranges, it might be reasonable to suspect that Messrs Epson, Canon, HP and Lexmark etc, are using their budget and lower mid-range printers and multi-function units as loss leaders; potentially sucking in new customers with artificially low prices for new hardware, simply to claw it all back (and some!) through the ultra high prices they charge for their branded inkjet cartridges and paper. My personal assumption of this is that they almost certainly are doing exactly that. So, it might therefore seem that moving over to the considerably cheaper compatible cartridges is virtually a 'no brainer' (an obvious choice) but, is it?

Having been the owner of at least ten Epson inkjet printers over the years, plus two Canon ones and one HP, I have succumbed to the temptation to use cheap compatible cartridges on three occasions in the past. Each however, turned out to be a bad decision and on at least two occasions, a fairly costly one.

Despite the strongly advertised promises made by the various manufacturers of compatible inkjet cartridges that, for example, "they meet or exceed the specifications of original cartridges" or "produce identical results" etc, etc, I have simply NEVER found such promises to be true.

In my experience over many years, I have not found any compatible cartridges to produce results as good as those from originals and in fact, simply exchanging any one of the eight original cartridges in my Epson Stylus Photo R2400 printer, immediately results in very obviously sub-standard print quality, often combined with colour matching from that which had previously produced a perfect match every time, to what I could see on my monitor to that of the finished print, being thrown completely awry the minute just one single cartridge was swapped for a compatible. This results in needless continuous, endless and usually completely fruitless colour adjustments while trying to correct the imbalance, in turn, resulting in a massive waste of printing paper, ink and of course......MONEY!

Even when used on my 'everyday' basic printers, compatibles simply don't produce the goods. Colour balance may be all over the place or at best, not as accurate as when using original cartridges. In some cases, I have experienced 'runs' where too much ink seems to be laid down and worse, far more incidents of blocked printer heads, often proving quite stubborn to clean effectively.

Furthermore, I am convinced that I have in the past had two of my printers completely ruined by the use of compatible inkjet cartridges. One reached the 'end of it's serviceable life' and required replacing, even though it had actually been used far less than one might expect; although it had seemed to continuously require blocked print heads to be cleaned and another, on which the pad that soaks up excess ink whenever head cleaning is carried out, becoming completely (and I 'do' mean COMPLETELY) saturated in ink, which again, rendered the printer effectively beyond repair.

I have never experienced any such problems with original manufacturer's inkjet cartridges and always get perfect and consistent colour balance. I cannot recall the last time I had to undertake a head cleaning cycle and my Epson printers continue to provide perfect and reliable service when using manufacturer's original ink sets.

Consistent with all my past experiences of using inkjet cartridges, I find the Epson Durabrite T1285 Fox Genuine Multipack ink set to be brilliant and, the ONLY cartridges I will EVER use with my current budget 'everyday' Epson printer.

Not just 'recommended' but absolutely ESSENTIAL in my opinion.

1.0 out of 5 stars no more ink after 50 pages and customer service told me that is normal, 9 May 2011
no more ink after 50 pages and customer service told me that is normal, if you possible avoid buying the printer do so , Epson said it is for LIGHT printing which means a new cartrige every 50 pages

1.0 out of 5 stars Used Ink Cartridge, 19 Feb 2013
I do not know if this was used or not but from the first day I inserted it in my printer, it was not not even half full.

1.0 out of 5 stars epson ink cartridges multipack, 22 May 2012
Extremely dissapointed with purchase of Epson ink cartridges. Magenta ink ran out after printing one photo and several black and white pages(???!!!!)Bought original cartridges for best buy but would not use again. Very angry and has caused me great inconvenience. Wish I had not bothered.

4.0 out of 5 stars Printing Ink Cartridges, 10 Feb 2011
Was realy good purchase, cheap and workable. Couldn't find the same price in shops, so glad i bought it from here. :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Epson Original Fox MultiPack T1285, 15 Sep 2011
My new Epson S22 printer only cost [] and I now know why. Epson dont put any ink in their cartridges T1281-T1284, The black has only got 5.9mls and the three colours are even worse value with only 3.5mls per colour which is written in really small writing at the bottom of the outter packaging. The printer is good value if you only printer off a few pages per week but if you are like me and need to printer off lots of college course work its a very expensive way to print

5.0 out of 5 stars printer inks, 5 Mar 2011
hi
good product,but value for money is very poor from the manufacturer. ink content very low (3mm of ink only in each cartridge).

3.0 out of 5 stars packaging dissapointment, 23 Dec 2010
Even though the product was the original epson ink, i was unhappy that they had unopened the original packet so it could be sent cheaper through the post, if that was made clear upon purchase i would have been happy to pay extra postage to keep it in it's package.

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustrated customer, 24 Jan 2013
These cartridges were not in the packaging illustrated on the product page and they were not recognised by my printer. Were they genuine??

‹ Previous | 1 2 351 | Next ›