2,096
Style Name: N150 Nano|Change

on 25 February 2011
I bought a refurbed laptop which wasn't able to connect to a wifi network with a WPA encryption. With this product I was able to connect and because it's so small, I can leave it in and not worry about it catching on something. However, on setting it up for the first time I got quite confused what I had to use and it took a while to work out which option to use to connect.

Saying all this though, that was only a one time issue and now I can very easily connect to any of my saved networks
on 8 November 2014
Thanks very much great item
on 7 October 2010
Tiny but good connectivity, my Samsung NC10 was giving problems with WiFi connection and this little GEM has solved the problem. Needed to copy the files from the enclosed CD on to a USB data stick as no optical drive on the net book but after that installation was simple and quick.
Found my Router straight away and after entering Network Key it was up and running. Updated the driver after installation using Win XP Update Driver facility in Device Manager.
on 22 March 2011
A great little device and an easy way to upgrade the wireless in a laptop.

It sticks out a little further then I'd like and the way its described, but its still a lot small then most.

The driver install on the CD didn't work, so I had to get the latest drivers from Edimax, but that is best practice any way.

Overall, I'm very pleased. I can connect to my wireless network at 150Mb/Sec and have transferred files at around 90Mb/Sec.
on 21 February 2014
Laptop refused to connect to internet through my router. Plugged this adapter in, popped CD in drive and was connected within minutes. Save me a trip to the local computer shop and ' repair ' cost.
I would certainly recommend this to anyone having problem connecting. Best money I have spent..
on 2 July 2014
Works in GNU/Linux.
on 5 May 2014
Keeps switching off and when it switches back on you have to input your wifi password. Very slow data transfer, too. Stopped working after about a week of use. Hoping for a refund, not sure if I can get one. I would expect a lot more from Edimax. AVOID.
on 30 May 2014
I ordered this for my new desktop computer which didn't arrive with a built in wi-fi adapter. This was advertised on Amazon with a really good score of over 4 stars from over 1000 people. It was also labelled as number 1 in wireless internet adapters so it seemed like a good buy, especially for the price. It arrived promptly and I also like the small size of the adapter as it is barely seen on the computer as opposed to some bulky ugly antennae. However, that is where the good points end.

My new computer is placed at my desk no further away from my wireless router than where my laptop frequently was and yet it rarely gets any decent connectivity. Even though the signal strength is usually either 4 or 5 bars it seems to have problems actually connecting to the internet and takes a long time to load up webpages. My laptop never has this problem and always have full bars with really fast connectivity, no problems at all. Just today it took multiple attempts at reconnecting just to get the thing to work and give me internet access. Often, even when it does connect to the router, it seems to be unable to connect to the internet. I tested it with my laptop in the same position and there is not fault there, nor is there a fault with the router as every other device in the house has no problems connecting. This leaves me at the conclusion that the adapter is the item at fault.

Even when I finally connect to the internet often the downloads are slow and while I can see that it's only an adapter and wouldn't be as fast as my laptop might have been I can't see how it would be so bad that it takes a good while just to load up the google homepage.

Pros;
- Good design, not very visible

Cons;
- Poor connectivity,
- Can be a pain to remove from the usb port due to its size.
- Really slow at loading webpages despite the description saying that web browsing is perfect for it.

I would not buy this product again.
on 5 April 2011
Been using this for a few days now and I haven't found anything which I can remotely complain about. Setup from the CD was a doddle and I had it up and running in no more than a couple of minutes. Impressive speed as well. Highly recommended!
on 4 December 2014
this product is a joke , i bought it for my PC and our download speed is 30 mbps and this thing reads 0.7 mbps , DO NOT BUY IT , i tried it on my laptop as well, without it my laptop gets around 24 mbps usually and gets 0.2 mbps with it, waste of time and money .