5.0 out of 5 stars Cool!
Published on 3 April 2003

2.0 out of 5 stars Good
Not really 4 me I guess I could follow along the lines not a hard read! I wouldn't read it again. Give it a go tho u might even find out that u really enjoy it. One of my all time gave by Michael Morpurgo is War Horse sad tho this book is ok!
Published 4 months ago by Julie Neville

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool!, 3 April 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Cool! (Paperback)
Although the subject of the book may seem rather morbid for children, my eight year old daughter couldn't get through it fast enough. The way the book is written from the viewpoint of the boy in a coma is novel; the writing is well-paced, involving the reader from the start. The story unfolds gradually, and as each chapter progresses, the reader learns more of the events as the boy remembers them himself,with an uplifting ending. This is the first book we have read by this author, but is definitely the first of many.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really cool read!, 25 Sept. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Cool! (Paperback)
My 8 year old son has just finished this book and I asked him to write a review for Amazon. This is what he said: "I am eight years old and have just finished reading this book. My mum said she'd take me to the Fair if I read this book because she is worried that I don't like reading. I was surprised that it was a good book, I just wanted to read it all the time. I read it in a few days. There were some hard words in it, but I skipped them and the book still made sense. I recommend this book for boys who don't like reading much."
He is a very reluctant reader and this is the first book he has read on his own. I was really suprised to find him voluntarily reading it, and he really seemed to enjoy it. His two best friends are also reading it now. It is sometimes difficult to find books for boys whose reading ability is less than their age - they don't want to read about teddy bears, but can't manage too complicated vocabulary, but this is an excellent read that really catches their imagination. Now my challenge is to find more books that will inspire him to read and without me resorting to bribery this time.
(We tried writing this review a couple of weeks ago, but it didn't seem to appear - so if you find something similar somewhere else on Amazon, that's why!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool - interesting twist on unusual subject, 16 May 2010
A. P. O'Brien (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cool! (Paperback)
I picked this out at the supermarker after looking for some easy fiction. Its the first Michael Morpugo book that I've read. Really enjoyed it - have passed it around colleagues and they all say the same. I liked the suspense of trying to work out what had happened to both the boy and the dog in an accident. I felt that the vocabulary was good for struggling readers and also a high interest level which is hard to find. I especially liked the layout of the story - it always starts with the newspaper report of how the boy is progressing in hospital while the rest of the chapter tells you what is happening in his head. It also refers to marriage issues between parenst and the effecvt this has on their children. Nicely writtn and older kids really love it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars cool, 16 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Cool! (Paperback)
great book for boys. language not too difficult. perfect starter book for readers, and football subject matter hit the spot with my two sons

5.0 out of 5 stars born to run, 25 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Cool! (Kindle Edition)
hi im lauren this book is soo cool at school my teacher read this book to all of the class and it was amazing you might even say it was so cool

5.0 out of 5 stars My Recommended Read, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Cool! (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed Cool by Michael Morpurgo. As soon as I read the beginning, I needed to read the end. When I read the first page, I knew it was the right book for me. I wish I could write like Michael Morpurgo; he's really descriptive and knows how to make a surprise. This was my first Michael Morpurgo book and I was not disappointed.

Robbie Ainsley is stuck in a coma after being involved in a tragic car accident. His parents think only one thing will wake him up but will it?

If you like twists and turns, you will one hundred percent love Cool!

Reviewed by Hannah B (Year 4)

I really enjoyed `Cool' by Micheal Morpurgo. I thought it was a really gripping book because it is written from Robbie's point of view.

Robbie is in a coma from when he got hit by a car after chasing his dog into the road. Robbie does not know how long he has been in a coma, he doesn't know if he is dead or not and what he is most worried about is his dog, Lucky. Life is on the edge for Robbie. Robbie's family are really worried about him. Maybe they will unplug Robbie from his life support machine, maybe they will leave Robbie to die. Who knows what they will do?

If you like books with twists and turns, then this is the book for you.

Reviewed by Max A (Year 4)

I particularly enjoyed `Cool' by Michael Morpurgo. As soon as I read the first page of Cool, I couldn't get my head out of the book.

Robbie Ainsley tells his story from inside his coma. Robbie is in a coma because a 40 year old driver runs over Robbie. Robbie's parents try everything they can to wake Robbie. They even get Gianfranco Zola to come and visit him! The question is will Robbie wake up?

If you enjoy stories with a twist at the end, Cool is your book.

Reviewed by Francesca M (Year 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool!, 14 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Cool! (Kindle Edition)
Cool is the book I am going to talk:
WHAT IS THE HISTORY ABOUT?
The book is about a boy called Robbie and a dog called Lucky they have a accident the boy was in coma and the dog in coma two but 2 days ago the doctor think he is dead but 16 days ago the dog is better and how the boy love football the father can his favourite footballer called Zola went to the hospital to give his shirt and the boy and when the days past the boy is better and then the dog is better and the can back to home and 2 days after the boys is perfect and old his family can back home and everybody happy.

Where is the book set?
The book is set in a hospital in Chelsea, England.
Who are the main characters?

Main characters are: the father, the mom, Zola, Robbie and Lucky

Did you like the book?
I like the book because is so interesting and you don't know what happened in the next chapter and is easy to read and to understand.
What would have made the book better?
The book can better in longer and more history because
Would you recommended it to a friend?
I recommended the book for the boys between 5-12

5.0 out of 5 stars YES! HE'S DONE IT!, 17 May 2011
This review is from: Cool! (Paperback)
Yes! This is the first book my son has read himself all the way through. He's never been a keen reader but will read magazines etc, just not books. Until.... he came across Michael Morpurgo. He loved this book, read it in one go. Now, as his birthday is at the weekend, I've just ordered more for him and I'll order more when he's read them too. So thank you Mr. Morpurgo. You have unlocked the literature side of my son's life. I will be forever grateful.

4.0 out of 5 stars a really good read, 22 Aug. 2009
Florencium - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cool! (Paperback)
this book was really good. I read it at school in year 4 and loved it. I found it quite sad. I would recommend it for 8-9+.

4.0 out of 5 stars cool is cool! /my name is really sophie, 12 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Cool! (Kindle Edition)
i am nine years old and this book was the first book i read of michael morpurgos books.it is amazingly good because you see ,you might have read similar books like his one with people in coma or hospital .i read this book in school ( s.t. anthonys school in saltney ) and when silent reading time was over it was upsetting because it was a wonder what the next chapter will be about.

when i finished the book it was very upsetting because one of my friends was waiting for this book and i didn't want to upset er so i had to give it away!!!!!!!!!!!
but i got it back when it was free but it didn't feel right reading it again so i read shadow instead

now i reccomend this book to 8+ because of the coma bit.

but don't just keep reading the same book read others aswell because now you have got a idea read more but don't just read his books read other books aswell

Cool!