5.0 out of 5 stars Cool!
Published on 3 April 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Sad
A bit too sad for my liking but a good book. The book made me cry ---> :'(
But a brilliant book anyway.
Published 17 months ago by Faber Barrington

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool!, 3 April 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Cool! (Paperback)
Although the subject of the book may seem rather morbid for children, my eight year old daughter couldn't get through it fast enough. The way the book is written from the viewpoint of the boy in a coma is novel; the writing is well-paced, involving the reader from the start. The story unfolds gradually, and as each chapter progresses, the reader learns more of the events as the boy remembers them himself,with an uplifting ending. This is the first book we have read by this author, but is definitely the first of many.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really cool read!, 25 Sep 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Cool! (Paperback)
My 8 year old son has just finished this book and I asked him to write a review for Amazon. This is what he said: "I am eight years old and have just finished reading this book. My mum said she'd take me to the Fair if I read this book because she is worried that I don't like reading. I was surprised that it was a good book, I just wanted to read it all the time. I read it in a few days. There were some hard words in it, but I skipped them and the book still made sense. I recommend this book for boys who don't like reading much."
He is a very reluctant reader and this is the first book he has read on his own. I was really suprised to find him voluntarily reading it, and he really seemed to enjoy it. His two best friends are also reading it now. It is sometimes difficult to find books for boys whose reading ability is less than their age - they don't want to read about teddy bears, but can't manage too complicated vocabulary, but this is an excellent read that really catches their imagination. Now my challenge is to find more books that will inspire him to read and without me resorting to bribery this time.
(We tried writing this review a couple of weeks ago, but it didn't seem to appear - so if you find something similar somewhere else on Amazon, that's why!)

5.0 out of 5 stars cool, 16 Dec 2010
This review is from: Cool! (Paperback)
great book for boys. language not too difficult. perfect starter book for readers, and football subject matter hit the spot with my two sons

5.0 out of 5 stars born to run, 25 Mar 2011
This review is from: Cool! (Kindle Edition)
hi im lauren this book is soo cool at school my teacher read this book to all of the class and it was amazing you might even say it was so cool

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool - interesting twist on unusual subject, 16 May 2010
A. P. O'Brien (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cool! (Paperback)
I picked this out at the supermarker after looking for some easy fiction. Its the first Michael Morpugo book that I've read. Really enjoyed it - have passed it around colleagues and they all say the same. I liked the suspense of trying to work out what had happened to both the boy and the dog in an accident. I felt that the vocabulary was good for struggling readers and also a high interest level which is hard to find. I especially liked the layout of the story - it always starts with the newspaper report of how the boy is progressing in hospital while the rest of the chapter tells you what is happening in his head. It also refers to marriage issues between parenst and the effecvt this has on their children. Nicely writtn and older kids really love it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool book, 6 Sep 2013
This review is from: Cool! (Kindle Edition)
This book is very good and cool.
This book is good because it is happy at the start and then sad for a long time and at the end it's a happy ending. I would recommend this book for people the age of 7 and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars its a COOL book!!, 28 Dec 2010
This review is from: Cool! (Kindle Edition)
awesome story nearly made me cry when he went into the coma.it was a really happy ending. ive read it again and again.i love it soo much.Really Recommend!!!!! :]

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool, 25 Jan 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Cool! (Paperback)
I love this book it was COOL.
It was very sad though but that didn't matter to much for me.
It turned out to be Fab .
I am 9 years old.I love most of his books.

4.0 out of 5 stars a really good read, 22 Aug 2009
Florencium - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cool! (Paperback)
this book was really good. I read it at school in year 4 and loved it. I found it quite sad. I would recommend it for 8-9+.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Cool! (Kindle Edition)
Like Robbie likes to say this book is cool! Not only is it cool it's amazing I love this book

Cool!