4.0 out of 5 stars It depends
If you buy this album expecting a good Rap Album, then you'll be disappointed. But if you get it expecting an R&B album then you'll definitely enjoy it.
Published on 27 Jun 2010 by Mixed

3.0 out of 5 stars Thank Me Later? Definitely!
Published on 17 Jun 2010 by O. B. Corbisiero

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars It depends, 27 Jun 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Thank Me Later? Definitely!, 17 Jun 2010
O. B. Corbisiero "Gaming Expert" (Swansea, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thank Me Later (Audio CD)
As a hardcore Drake fan owning ALL of his mixtapes, I can safely say this is a sub-par album with only a few decent tracks. I can't help but feel disappointed and deflated over the over-hyped first studio album. Its true Drake did not want to go too commercial, that promise he has kept. He also said that he made this album for his fans; this is so far from the truth.

If anyone had Toronto III, what happened to the track Made? In my opinion, this is one of his better tracks! He obviously has the ability to produce an album full of amazing songs; why he hasn't done that on his first album is beyond me. I would of liked to have seen a fast, lyrically outstanding track like "Stay Late" (Ransom) on here as the whole album seems depressing. I must admit, my favourite song on the whole album is "Thank me Now" and "Light Up". It is the only song which I actually enjoy listening to; this is probably due to the lack of singing!! Also, Jay-Z kills it; he will always be my favourite!

Moreover on the overall tone of the album, it seems that Drake portrays a rather dark time in his career rather than his original aim of inferring its a successful time. As it was his first album, I suppose he was under some restraints as to what he was able to rap about; contrary to his mixtapes which I feel is the real Drake. "Fear", "Winner", "Killer", "Say Something", "Made", "Baby Come With Me"(although this was only a 1 minute snippet!)...these are the songs, I assume, Drake fans want to hear! What happened with "Put it Down feat Bun B"?? I feel this had the potential to be one of Drakes biggest tracks and I honestly believed the full version would have been included within Thank me Later.

As to whether I would recommend this album to someone else...I regret to say no. If, like me, you have been a fan of Drake for the last couple of years, Stick to his mixtapes as I feel listening to Thank me Later will significantly affect your opinion of his music; I listen to his mixtapes still whilst his CD is amongst my collection.

Thank me Later? Definitely! I will save my thanks until you bring out another mixtape which puts this album in the shadows. Come on Drake, we know you can do better than this!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Thoughts on Drake's album, 14 Jun 2010
This review is from: Thank Me Later (Audio CD)
A good album, but weaker than expected. I've been listening to it for a good while now trying to find the talent that we know this man has and to be honest, aside from 4 tracks i couldn't find it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Thank Me Later (Audio CD)
It's alright but no idea why you need so many words blah poo Einstein lick the lolly & the moon

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, 30 Sep 2013
This review is from: Thank Me Later (Audio CD)
his old album but a great place to start off if you like his music, relaxed style of music easy to listen to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: Thank Me Later (Audio CD)
Enjoyed this album very much! know it word for word now and will be buying moreof his music in the future

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Thank Me Later', 28 Mar 2013
To be completely honest with you, in my first listen through of this album, I was a bit skeptical. Yeah, a few songs stood out, but I felt that the album was very average - nothing special. A few listens later, and it's now an album I listen to without skipping a track. Now, I'll admit, I prefer Drake's slower, R&B style songs to his more hip-hop/rap ones, so songs such as 'Shut It Down', 'Find Your Love' and 'Cece's Interlude' were all instant hit's for me. But, my favorite song on this album (perhaps on any of Drake's albums/mixtapes) is 'Fireworks'. As the intro track, this song really hits hard. It has three verses, each very deep and personal, exploring Drake's thoughts and feelings towards certain events in his life at that time - his rise to fame, his brief relationship with Rihanna and his parent's divorce. The production on this song is also great, with a dark and atmospheric beat, and Alicia Keys is a perfect feature on the chorus. Definitely a 'must listen to' track. Other great songs on the album include 'The Resistance', 'Over', 'Fancy', 'Unforgettable' and 'Miss Me'.

Overall, a great album with a nice mix of songs ranging from Rap to slow R&B, from emotional, dark tracks to uplifting and high energy ones. If at first you don't like what you hear, give it a few more listens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks Me Later...., 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Thank Me Later (Audio CD)
Really like this - love listening to it LOUD while getting ready for work!! I think its just as good as 'Take Care' but they're quite different - this one is more old skool RnB. =0D xx

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll thank him now actually, 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: Thank Me Later (Audio CD)
I loved this album when it first came out, recently I wanted a disc version. Sound quality is very good and clear, a great present idea for hip-hop and rap fans.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT BAD, 17 Feb 2013
Got this for 2 tracks really, the rest are bonus. WHat an earth is this amazan music downloader! Why cant you just let me download a zip file with the album or just a normal folder with the songs!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Thank Me Later by Drake (Audio CD - 2010)