5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful books, 10 April 2012
Heather Oliver (St Albans, Herts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rainbow Magic Weather Fairies Collection 7 Books Pack Set (Series 8 to 14) RRP £27.93 ( Crystal the Snow Fairy, Abigail the Breeze Fairy, Pearl the Cloud Fairy, Goldie the Sunshine Fairy, Evie the Mist Fairy, Storm the Lightning , Hayley the Rain ) (Rainbow Magic Weather) (Paperback)
Such a superb set of books for early readers, and my granddaughter loved them. This is her second boxed set, and I'm sure she'll receive more.

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves these books., 28 Jun 2011
If you want something that can be familiar to read to your little girl at night these are ideal. We originally got the first couple of books as a random book at a car boot sale. I read them and my daughter (6 years old) was absolutely fixated with them.

The chapters lengths are a good length for you to read to your kids at night, I usually read 2, maybe 3 chapters each evening depending how tired I am.

My daughter actually squeals with excitement sometimes with these books!
Of course, now I've bought nearly all of them through Amazon, and we are about a quarter of the way through the entire series (100+ books in the entire series).

The language is clear enough that she also has a good go at reading some herself (she is a learning reader). I'm pretty sure these books have helped her and often start reading a book, only to be told that she knows what happens because she already read it!

The only complaints I have is that each time you start a new book they go over the entire plot of the series so far and although I know this helps beginning readers if the books are read with a long period of time in between, it gets a bit repetitive for a parent starting a new book every few days - even my daughter asks if we can skip that bit because we already know it.
I also think that the writers could come up with some other ideas for the antagonists of the books, Jack Frost's goblins could be replaced by something else sometimes!
Grammar and correct spelling - Nothing to note here. In the 25 or so books we've read so far I only found one sentence repeated.

If you are a parent that will be reading these - take my 4* rating. I think from my daughter's point of view it's 5* though. I've only knocked it down because of the couple of points above.

5.0 out of 5 stars Granddaughter's Birthday, 13 Mar 2013
Bob Cheeseman (Littlehampton, West Sussex , UK) - See all my reviews
I was worried that the item would not reach me before my Granddaughter's birthday. It arrived much earlier than indicated. It was well packed and as described.

4.0 out of 5 stars great little set, 22 Dec 2014
This is a Christmas present so I cannot say how it will be received but my daughter loves these books so am hoping her friend will too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reading for my daughter!, 3 Jan 2011
My daughter received the weekday fairies set as a birthday gift last March. She enjoyed all the stories so much that she couldn't wait to have more books & to read the adventures of the Weather Fairies!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Oct 2014
My daughter loves these books. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Jan 2013
My Daughter loves these books so got them as an Xmas present, and they arrived well in time for Xmas and very good price.