5.0 out of 5 stars Great HDMI cable
Not the cheapest cable around for a non-hifi buff but it improved the picture quality considerably for my blu ray player with even dvds looking very sharp. Gruffalo on dvd looks fab - helps as kids have it on all the time. Deservedly was one of the products of the year at what hifi for 2011. Worth te money.
Published on 8 May 2012 by Ita Crowley

1.0 out of 5 stars LOOKS NICE
HDMI
====
When it comes to hdmi cables if you pay a few pounds or a lot of pounds essentially your getting the same.

THIS CABLE
==========
My friend lent me this so I could test to see any difference.

LOOKS
=====
It looks amazing. It looks well made. But it does the exact same job as a cheaper HDMI cable.

WELL...

HDMI
====

THIS CABLE
==========
My friend lent me this so I could test to see any difference.

LOOKS
=====

WELL MADE
=========
This is well made but expensive. But there is absolutely NO picture or sound quality DIFFERENCE between a cheap cable like this AmazonBasics HDMI and this AudioQuest one.

EXPENSIVE
=========
I was astonished at the price.

SIGNAL DEGRADATION
==================
It's a common misunderstanding. The longer the cable the stronger likelihood of signal degradation.

However, unlike analogue cables, there is no linear correlation between signal degradation and picture degradation.

So what are you getting over the cheaper cable? Nothing. The cheaper ones are just as well made. (especially the Amazon one)

What that means is don't pay over two pounds per metre.

OVERALL
=======
Pretty, well made but expensive. Hope this helps. Feel free to comment if you disagree. (or agree)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great HDMI cable, 8 May 2012
This review is from: AudioQuest Pearl HDMI High Speed with Ethernet, Audio Return & 3D 1 Metre (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars I haven't been disappointed. Excellent packaging and performance, 7 Sept. 2014
Performs as described. I bought my first home cinema separates system earlier this year and wanted to complete my set up with affordable premium cables. I haven't been disappointed. Excellent packaging and performance.

I did a lot of research in to cables as I'm sure you are aware of the performance debate between cheaper non branded cables versus the more branded and expensive ones. I compared the AudioQuest cables against the cheaper ones that I had in place until these one arrived and if I'm being 100% honest, and dare I say it, I was unable to point out any noticeable differences.

In one way I was expecting this as I have had a similar experience before. However, I do not regret buying the Audioquest cables and would recommend. If you are someone who has put your hard earned cash into setting up your system and would like peace of mind when connecting your devices with a branded cable such as this then fire ahead!

5.0 out of 5 stars quite amazing!, 9 Jan. 2014
Kuro 60" plasma, Denon 4308, B&W CM series 5.1- never looked or sounded so good! Swapped all 5 cables in the end for the Sky HD, Apple TV and Xbox One. Don't let the low price put you off, seeing is believing

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cable, 20 April 2013
Great cable gave me a good 3d picture and sound, the price is very competitive and will be my cable of choice in future purchases.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a difference, 13 Dec. 2014
Just connected these to my tv from sky box and tv to DVD player. The improvement in picture and sound is fantastic. The picture is a lot sharper and the sound has more depth.£50 well spent.Amazon are great with their delivery times.

5.0 out of 5 stars hdmi winner, 8 May 2013
replaced my hdmi leads for these,yes i bought 2 and the overall results in picture & sound was definitely better!

4.0 out of 5 stars due to a poor quality hdmi lead, 11 Oct. 2014
I was experiencing pixilation on my tv, due to a poor quality hdmi lead. The Autoquest lead has eliminated this, with a perceived improvement in picture and sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 15 Feb. 2015
using this to link marantz receiver to blueray and freesat and also using same but longer cable to link the receiver to hdtv .........its like having a new telly !

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 28 Dec. 2012
Superb detail,cannot fault for the price,ordered 1.5mtr after seing the quality of this cable very satisfied and highly reccomended .

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›