5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent True Crime Book!
Published on 18 Aug. 2010 by Victorianna

3.0 out of 5 stars In No Way Her Best
This was just an appalling and sad murder case but certainly not the author's best by any stretch. It had WAY too many mistakes in it along with too much repetition as well for me. I gave her last I read 5 stars then this was only a 3 star for sure.....a pity. I found in hard in places to pick up again as I was getting bogged down with the way she wrote this one...
Published 7 months ago by Lynda Kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent True Crime Book!, 18 Aug. 2010
Once I started reading this book I just couldn't stop. It is a very good read if you like the true crime genre. Kathryn Casey has written other books and they are all excellent. In this book she writes so many interesting details about the couple and family members,friends and neighbors of the couple and the whole time you are reading the book you can't put it down. It's just great and well written.Highly recommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars comment, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Shattered: The True Story of a Mother's Love, a Husband's Betrayal, and a Cold-Blooded Texas Murder (Kindle Edition)
A very good story. It is very detailed and in places I thought some of it could have been abbreviated.

3.0 out of 5 stars In No Way Her Best, 13 Sept. 2014
Lynda Kelly "Lynda" (Shipton Bellinger, UK) - See all my reviews
It's rare as the author mentioned that a victim had not one person saying anything bad about them but it appears Belinda truly was loved by everyone she ever knew. She had to have been a special person for sure. Such a terrible waste along with her little girl she already loved so much. For me it was hard to see what anyone saw in David....he didn't appear to have any redeeming qualities I could see. Once again I found myself reading about a kid whose parents totally indulged him and this is what we all ended up with......a spoilt man who believed he could do anything and walk away from it. It was staggering how he and his family rewrote history as it suited and seemed to believe their own brand of tripe ! Yet he wasn't very bright in the way he set up the murder in the first place. He probably thought he would never be caught. It was quite amazing the lies anyone associated with David told the whole time. As for his new wife, the least said about that dumb bitch the better...."All we did was have an affair".....enough said. It's pretty sad Evan ended up with her and doesn't seem right.
Belinda had some lovely friends who stood up in court on her behalf-good for them. Also the police personnel who never gave up on her especially Mike Schmidt.It's a truly shocking statistic that homicide is THE most leading cause of death in pregnant women !!
The mistakes came thick and fast in this one-apostrophe errors and missed words from sentences then brought used in place of bought...pretty sloppy work.There was a great deal of repetition and I didn't think we needed to know what particular menu each restaurant featured served.
I hope Belinda's little boy did alright for himself and that his father rots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rivetting true crime tale, 9 Aug. 2013
A. Linton (Manchester, Manchester United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I can't remember the last time I got so wound up reading a true crime tale since reading the sublime 'Fatal Vision' by Joe McGinniss(The best true crime book I've ever read). Like the McGinniss book this is the story of a husband suspected of murdering his wife, however in this case 1) there is no direct physical evidence though plenty of circumstantial evidence and motive and 2) the husband doesn't even bother to put on a pretence of grief, making everyone sure he did but will never be convicted. I really felt for Belinda's family left alone in their grief and often quite indignant at those who were in the husband's camp - especially his family who joined ranks to save him and his mistress who seemed to be able to turn a blind eye to the fact she was in love with a murderer.

Casey does a really good job - some true crime novels are exciting reads up to the point where the actual crime happens and then get bogged down in forensic and legal technicalities -I usually skip through court room scenes - but not in this case.

It really is good value for money and if you enjoy true crime books I think it's well worth downloading this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shattered, 20 Oct. 2010
Another masterpiece by Kathryn Casey. I couldn't put this book down, This is the 4th book by Kathryn Casey book that I have read and she never lets you down with such great detail in all the cases she writes about. If your into true crime Kathryn Casey never fails to deliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book., 28 July 2013
This is a very sad story about an innocent woman and her unborn child gunned down in cold blood by her evil, calculating husband whom must have believed murder was easier than divorce.
This Is the first ;) kathryn Casey book I have read and I will definitely read more of her work.
Well written, balanced and very sympathetic, the actual my murder itself being as very small part of the book and the body of it being about the families, friends and affect on their lives.
The photos usual in these books also appears in the middle rather than the end as with most others, which furthers draws you into the story as you can visualize things better as the story unfolds.
Ann rule fans would approve.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good long read, to get your teeth into., 22 Oct. 2014
Kathryn Casey's books are long and involved which I really enjoy. Sometimes they are quite gross in their murder descriptions which feels a bit voyeuristic but that highlights just how there are some really psychopathic people out there. That is what is fascinating- how does a person become a murderer- nature or nurture? I do think the ending was a little rushed- after all, an important part of reading about such a cruel, callous person is enjoying their come-uppance at the end!

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD BOOK, 2 Jun. 2014
It's a very good book, well-written and I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you like reading about true crime then you will enjoy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing true story, 5 Dec. 2013
I would definitely recommend this book for anyone who is interested in true life crime. I am an Ann Rule fan and she has endorsed Kathryn Casey as a great writer of true life crime. The story is unbelievable and Kathryn Casey writes in such a way that your jaw just drops at what went on and you can't put the book down. Be prepared for a few sleepless nights when you just keep turning the pages!

4.0 out of 5 stars crackin' read, 4 Aug. 2014
Another crackin' read from Kathryn Casey. It is sad that in order for her to write such a riveting read people like David Temple have to exist in our world, but exist they do. The author presents an easy-to-read version of events that kept me wanting to turn the page. She brings to life the people involved in the drama and lets you in to their world. Sad story...........great read