4.0 out of 5 stars Spend a couple of quid...save a fortune!
This simple, easy-to-read book could get you into the habit of saving for life.
Alvin encourages you to keep a diary of not only what you spend money on, but how you felt after; sad, regretful, guilty?
Published on 28 Mar 2010 by Sherlock

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic but good
I chose this edition because it was cheaper than subsequent books by Alvin Hall. It's very user friendly and covers ALL the basic elements to help self-analyse why we spend what we do; how to monitor and measure spending habits and how to start making changes. Suitable for teenagers.
Published on 24 Sep 2010 by TG

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic but good, 24 Sep 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Spend a couple of quid...save a fortune!, 28 Mar 2010
This simple, easy-to-read book could get you into the habit of saving for life.
There is also a chapter on dealing with debt, which didn't apply to me, but I realise I may come under the category of 'Cheapskate' in the section on defining your money personality! Other types are; Ostriches, Big Spenders and Cynics with suggestions on the best plan of action for each.
We are also urged to save on a regular basis; I would have liked more tips on freeing more money up for this, perhaps.
Alvin suggests having a goal to work towards financially, to 'Chase your money dreams.'
A simple reminder of what we know we should be doing.

5.0 out of 5 stars money money money, 29 April 2010
I think the advice Alvin gives is very sound, he even admits to falling by the wayside some times which is very comforting every time I shop now I hear his voice in my head saying do you really need this

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Tips!, 20 Sep 2010
Michelle Craig (california, USA) - See all my reviews
Being unemployed in this financial climate I wanted to see if this book could give me any simple saving tips and it did. The one I liked the best was five days a week, mon-fri, put a pound a day in a jar, 'cause you don't really miss a pound and at the end of the month you have £20 to put into the bank. This really helps if I have a sneaky bill that pops up. Well worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars common sense to money, 15 Mar 2010
J. Ingram (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
This is written by the famous money expert alvin hall who used to have a spending addiction himself so has experience of how easy it is not to be able to control finances.

This book is very simple unlike other finance books I have read in that it lists simple stages to make the reader aware of the financial mistakes they have made. It starts by advising writing down the daily expeditures which we dont think about such as a newspaper and also by looking over expenses from last year to ask ourselves if we really needed those items at the time and if we still feel excited about using them.

I feel this book will help me get on track to financial freedom. a good price as well

5.0 out of 5 stars Great money management tool, 10 Oct 2010
Summer G. Sykes "Summer G. Sykes" (Cookney, Aderdeenshire) - See all my reviews
Those few pennies extra you fork out on an item soon add up, this book shows you how to look at outgoings in a way that actually save you money. No wonder the author has pots of money, obviously he follows his own advice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read no nonsense advice., 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: Money Magic: Seven simple steps to true financial freedom (Quick Reads) (Kindle Edition)
This book was written clearly making it easy to read. The advice it gave was simple and straight forward making it easy to follow. I can imagine myself having that house of my dreams sooner than I thought now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kick start, 4 April 2012
A good book to read if you want to kick start your savings, with some very helpful tips to help you save sometimes without noticing, e.g. £1.00 a day for a month.
I love to read Alvin mainly because he as been there and survived.
I skimmed through the end of the book as it was mainly about preparing for marriage etc.
A little on the slim side, but what do you expect for 99p.

5.0 out of 5 stars gives you the control, 23 Aug 2011
It wasn't a case of making the money, as I have already found out the secret to wealth creation from another source, but it was more about how to cut back on the outgoings that soon drain the pot. For me Alvin Hall's Money Magic is the first step to making my money work for me. Getting the money isn't the problem, it's keeping it or making it work that counts. Alvin takes you through his seven steps to success, and his advice really works.

3.0 out of 5 stars A beginners guide, 24 Aug 2014
It's a short, simple, easy to read book. It won't take long to work through and is suitable for beginners and teenagers. However, it is just about covering the basics; write down what you spend, obvious ways to cut back on spending and different types of savings accounts. There is certainly no profound or life-changing advice in this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›