5.0 out of 5 stars Wide Angle Lens Converter.
Definate recommended purchase. You get 2 lens filters with this. A wide angle converter and a macro filter. Using the converter on an 18-55mm lens give me an absolutely fantastically extended macro range. Before it was anywhere from over 10cm away from the lens, but with the macro filter it's down to about 1cm!

To anyone starting out with photography, I can...
Published on 12 Feb 2011 by Alex

3.0 out of 5 stars nice but....
it is a nice well built extension and does it's job, macro ring is fun too but.....at widest angle it cuts corners which is very annoying, therefore I don't know if I'm gonna use it that much...
Published on 5 May 2012 by user2510

5.0 out of 5 stars Wide Angle Lens Converter., 12 Feb 2011
This review is from: Neewer 58mm 0.45x Wide Angle Lens for Canon Rebel/EOS (Accessory)

To anyone starting out with photography, I can definately recommend this product. It's a fun thing to play around with and also gives fantastic angles for photos of subjects.

Comes in a cute little leatherette(?) pouch for safe keeping and a cover for each side of the lens and instructions for how to install it. But it's simple, just screw it onto the front and turn your camera on!

It's got a nice weight to it, on my Canon 500D you can definitely feel the camera focusing when it's on auto-focus but it's not distracting and it doesn't make the camera anymore difficult to use.

Fantastic product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little gizmo, 29 Aug 2011
Just brilliant. Screws on like a filter and works really well. On my 18mm-55mm lens there is some vignetting at the extreme wide angle end of the range but zooming in a fraction eliminates this. There is a little distortion of straight lines at the edges of the picture but overall this little lens produces very good shots. The macro part also works well, I have captured some really good close up images with it. I wasn't expecting much in view of the low cost but at this price it really is an outstanding buy.

Edit: The lens does introduce a fair bit of chromatic aberration (coloured fringing) at the edges of objects but this is mainly visible on shots of brightly lit subjects and on enlarged images. This feature is much less prominent on the macro shots I've taken.

5.0 out of 5 stars Less than £10......you have to be kidding!, 14 Mar 2013
Victor Meldrew Mk2 "stefan morawiec" (Dorset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
OK OK, I know that this is not a high quality item, but for the majority of us an adaptor like this which fits onto a standard lens is ideal for the amount of times we are likely to use it. I know that for the serious photographer that this item will not fit the bill and there is plenty wrong when it comes to capturing the image.

So why five stars? It is simply brilliant for the happy snapper like me, who does try to take his photography seriously, but wants to enjoy it, whether it be photographing a row of MGs at my MG club or when recently sailing past the rock of Gibraltar on my way to Lisbon being able to take really nice shots in both places: with the panoramic shots of Lisbon really good. The images both on an imac 27" display are really sharp and so are quite large enlargements.

Is it as good as a bespoke lens? Nowhere near, but then again I wouldn't have been able to afford sailing past Gibraltar or visiting Lisbon if I had a bespoke Canon equivalent in my bag, so for me it is simply fantastic value, particularly if you fix it onto the standard zoom for use all day in cities and simply swap over to my slightly longer than standard zoom when I want to take normal shots.

Simply love it and the best £9 odd I have spent in 2013.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Jan 2012
I have a Canon EOS 600D and I have to say, this is a fantastic purchase. The lens produces some superb shots and the ability to transform into a macro lens is very useful. The macro lens really, really good, I've had a lot of fun taking pictures with it. For £12 you really can't go wrong and I recommend this to anyone. It fits perfectly on the the camera and the vingetting is barely an issue. Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product, 22 Dec 2011
The wide angle lens works ecactly as described. It offers a greater viewing angle than having to actually purchase a wide angle lens. GREAT product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but does the job!, 13 Mar 2014
No, this is not a professional grade lens. But if you are just looking to have fun, then this waide angle is a no brainer.
I bought it to mount it on a consumer grade camcorder, and for this urpuse it is brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good and useful, 17 Jan 2014
i was very pleased with this product. it actually works very well . you should get it if you want a wide angle effect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 6 Dec 2013
D. Barton - See all my reviews
Was amazed at the quality of this. I was really considering buying a full frame dslr for wider shots but this has definitely saved me money for the time being. I use it on my 18-55mm canon lens. There is some vignetting at 18mm but at 20mm there is none, and no distorted edges either. I use this for video, not photography. Also the extended macro lens is a great extra.

4.0 out of 5 stars has its uses, 26 Aug 2012
attached to canon 18-55mm on 550d.

It will indeed make your pictures wider. But as hopefully any prospective buyer should be aware, a lens wider than 18mm will set you back well into four figure pricing. So for £8 or £9 whatever I paid, you need to check your expectations.

the pictures do have a lot of distortion - ie straight lines become bent. no good for say photography of a house. however for gardens, more natural things and certainly where focus is on the centre of the image, this is quite a result for the money. I'd say if you're reading this and you are only interested in very casual pics, then sure give it a whirl you won't be dissapointed.

the screw thread is okay, it needs to be applied carefully but i've had it on/off the camera about 3 or 4 times now.

it does also affect quality of focus, but again, if you only want small pictures, by the time you've taken 18mp down to 1mp, then you wouldn't know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, 30 Jun 2012
This lens came well packaged.Very pleased with the results so far,using it on a 18-55mm lens with a canon 60D.Some vignetting at 18mm but slight zoom makes this go.Have not noticed any bending in the verticals in the pictures i've taken so far.
With the crop factor of my camera this makes my lens a 14mm at it's widest where as before it was 24mm.
Is this going to be as good as a 14mm lens? nope but it certainly works for me.