5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Excellent
Published 21 months ago by Viridis

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice enough pencil, but not my first choice.
This pencil is nicely finished and comfortable to use. It is well-balanced too, with sufficient weight to give a good 'feel', but not so heavy that it is cumbersome and tiring.

Published 8 months ago by S. J. Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice enough pencil, but not my first choice., 4 Dec 2013
S. J. Williams "stevejw2" (Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Rotring Rapid PRO Chrome 0.5mm Mechanical Pencil (Office Product)

However, it is for me far less attractive in reality than it appears online. I definitely prefer the Graphgear pencils (for eg Pentel 0.5mm Graphgear 1000 Mechanical Pencil Lead with Quality Brushed Steel Barrel Rubber Grip and Sliding Sleeve): these are just as nice to use as far as balance and weight are concerned (only 2 grams lighter). Though less 'sparkly', having a completely matt finish, they are MUCH cheaper (particularly via Amazon marketplace where one can buy 2 Graphgear for the cost of one marketplace Rotring), are nicely colour-coded for different lead thicknesses, and have the significant advantage, in my opinion of having an easily retractable lead tube. (Just a click of the pocket clip does the job while the Rotring requires the tube to be manually pushed back as the cap is pushed down. It DOES have a cushioned writing tip, but I have noticed little advantage in this.) For me, the only weakness of the Graphgear is that the moveable sleeve which indicates the hardness of the lead in the pencil often is too loose to properly register: but then the Rotring has no potential whatsoever to indicate lead hardness.

I'm sure Rotring enthusiasts will not be disappointed. But for those who simply want a good, reliable, easy to use and attractive pencil which is available in 4 different lead sizes and is relatively inexpensive, buying one of the Graphgear options seems to me to be a no-brainer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Excellent, 6 Nov 2012
I have been using this pencil on a daily basis for the last six months, and it has never let me down, not once. It might not be the prettiest one out there, but it most certainly is the most comfortable and robust pencil I've ever used. I tend to use too much pressure when I'm writing, but this pencil actually has some kind of suspension on the lead so it's virtually impossible to apply too much pressure. The solid, rather heavy structure feels firm and reliable. The metal grip never slips. So I would say that this pencil is an excellent choice (and probably one of the only reasonable ones) to anyone who writes a lot using pencil (students etc.) and wants to find a pencil that can withstand anything and lasts for decades.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rotring Rapid Pro Chrome 0.5mm pencil, 6 Dec 2011
Cracking pencil, it has a good feel & weight to it, well constructed. The floating lead is good for reducing breakage. I will buy a couple of others in different diameters. A+

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mechanical pencil, solid build a pleasure to draw/write with., 11 May 2013
I have used several Rotring mechanical/draughting pencils for a number of years now and have yet to be dissapointed with any of them. All are well made and feel just right (for me) in the hand with a nice grip, weight and balance. They may cost a bit more than the plastic versions but are well worth the extra. I use them for drawing and writing and fully expect to be using them for years to come. The Rapid Pro 0.05mm is a welcome addition to my growing collection of Rotring pencils. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice pencil, 28 April 2013
very good quality =) pretty colour and the weight makes me feel that it is very robust. Enjoyed using it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, 14 April 2013
Really well made pencil which is comfortable to hold and a pleasure to use on a daily basis. I find I'm always doodling with it as I really enjoy using it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service, 3 Feb 2013
I order this product which turned up very quickly with now problems good value for money. would recommend to others

5.0 out of 5 stars Rotring perfection..., 21 July 2014
JLR (St Austell, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
Bought to replace the plastic burgundy-coloured Rotring pencil I've had for 35 years, now unavailable in its original form. This one is perfect: good weight and balance, comfortable to hold, space for spare leads, and an eraser. Well constructed - like all Rotring products - and should last another 35 years. I'll put it in my will.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rotring Rapid Pro Chrome mechanical pencil, 19 Sep 2011
This is an excellent propelling pencil with a very precise mechanism, a stylish chrome finish and a comfortable knurled grip. The Rapid Pro has a nice weight to it - all of these things making the pencil a pleasure to write or draw with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mechanical pencil, 12 May 2014
Best mechanical pencil: it's metal grip and cushion make all difference. Just what I craved for and arrived on time