Most helpful critical review
31 of 37 people found the following review helpful
Reasonable for the money
on 2 January 2013
For around £30 - this isn't a bad product.
I have a second RC car which cost over twice as much so I'll point out the main weaknesses (none of which would stop me from spending this ammount on a similar car)
- battery: yes it's rechargeable but the charger gives you no indication of when it's done (I usually give it about 4hrs)
- battery: it slots into the base but sits exposed ...I wouldn't use it on wet surfaces!
- battery running time: we get about 30min of decent play but as the power fades, so does performance (my other one goes full power for 40min then cuts off)
- tyres: they're more of a soft plasic than rubber so traction on carpet isn't great
- handling: the turning circle is quite poor but this is partly down to the lack of grip from the front tyres (on carpet - may be better on other surfaces)
- controller: it is a bit flimsy, especially the aerial but I mostly use it indoors so I leave it retracted
- lights: look OK but would be nice to switch them off to increase running time
- durability: the front is well protected with plastic bumpers - mine's been run into all sorts of furniture at high speed without getting damaged
It was bought for my 4yr old son - he loves it and because it's a bit slower he finds it easier to control than our other, more expensive one.