5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleasant Surprise
Somehow I missed this series when it was on BBC, possibly because I work weekends, although I am surprised that if I saw the trailers I didn't bother to record it. But - as I rate Richard Armitage as one of the best of todays actors, I saw this set on Amazon and decided to go for it. This is a Dutch release, which means only that the writing on the cover is unreadable -...
Published on 15 Mar 2011 by valgal

2.0 out of 5 stars Not uk version
This is a Dutch version in English with Dutch subtitles. Amazon should make this clear in their title and description. Very annoying adverts at the start of disc 1 which you can't skip
Published 8 months ago by Martin Ansell

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Robin Hood - The Legends Returns - The Complete Series 1 - 3 [ 2006 - 2009 ] 12 DVD Box + extra's (DVD)
Negatives: Subtitles in Dutch only, non skipable advertisements
Furthermore, this really is the lowest quality BBC production I've ever seen. I expected something like The Tudors but it is not only done cheaply but also the story resembles more a school project than anything else.
The actor do their best but they cannot avoid that they are made laughing stock by this screenscript.
Positive: I'm glad I did not pay more for it.
I still remember the great sentence from a much better BBC movie where a director says: "I know I am producing s...te but at least I am producing something.". This must have been the motto.

4.0 out of 5 stars shipping and order problems, 28 Jan 2011
Stephen.T.Brookman (Blackwood, Gwent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
item arrived promptly but arrived with outer box-set carton badly damaged (later had to be discarded as was beyond repair). As this item was a gift and ordered in time for Christmas the fact that the packaging was damaged was disappointing. Item arrived in a small bubblewrap envelope with no extra packaging to prevent damage. When opened 2 of the 12 DVDs were missing completely from their cellophane sealed plastic boxes. It then took another month of emails and waiting until the missing items were sent to me mid January - obviously too late for Christmas. My emails were always responded to promptly and politey when contacting the seller and in the end the matter was resolved to my satisfaction.

1.0 out of 5 stars Missed opportunity, 3 Jan 2011
Casting Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood is the major fault of this series.
He lacks every inch of charisma Robin Hood should have.
Why not Richard Armitage, clearly also the better actor, for the job!

The sets are horrific, as are the costumes.
It's like Xena the Warrior Princess all over, but now with Robin Hood and his merry men.

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrendous packaging, 13 Dec 2011
I ordered this item as I had seen season 1 of Robin Hood and liked the series. The package when it arrived was torn and the DVD covers broken. Thankfully the DVDs were not damaged but I was forced to buy a CD case to store them.
As for the series, seasons 1 and 2 are alright but season 3 is terrible. So overall, my money could have been better spent!

1.0 out of 5 stars I didn't expect this, 4 Mar 2012
The DVDs made a weird loud roaring sound and the shipping fees were not completely covered when I sent the item back.
I was very disappointed because I really like this BBC series, but watching it on these DVDs would have been a pain !

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 6 April 2012
Robin Hood is always fun to watch, but these Dvd's have a dutch menu. WHY?
It's a BBC Production, so why not have a english menu, and why does Amazon sell Dvd's like this?