I purchased this item primarily for use with dictation software such as Dragon Dictate and Skype but mainly the former. I wanted a good quality headset that would accurately transcribe my voice to text on a laptop. This headset is high quality, light, comfortable with integrated noise cancellation circuitry. I have used this headset with Dragon Dictate and it proved remarkably effective. I have several headsets but the Andrea is easily the best.This headset can be used with 3.5mm plugs or its USB interface.
VINE VOICEon 8 March 2016
When we moved across the river in London we ported our landline to VoIP. I soon had it working on a Win 10 laptop with free 3CX software. But although everything sounded fine our end, the person the other end of the call would get a pronounced echo. My brother said he used an Andrea USB headset for VoIP and this one certainly fixed the echo problem. It looks "a bit call centre" my wife said but we'll only be using it when staying away from home, when we'll be able to take and make calls via the laptop on our long term landline number. At home we've got a DECT system attached to VoIP so we don't need the headset. Finally, it is quite adjustable (I've got a large head) and I like having the sound in both ears.
on 31 August 2012
Used with Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium, occasionally for Skype or listening to music the microphone has proven to be excellent and the headset clear and comfortable.
Highly recommended.
on 9 June 2016
I bought this because of a recommendation by a website that suggested it was one of the best headsets for speech recognition. When used in accordance with instructions, it produced so much distortion, that my speech recognition software could not function. It actually performed worse than the 7 year old generic headset it was intended to replace.
on 6 August 2014
Headphones fit for purpose.
on 25 January 2016
Clumsy in use.
on 20 March 2015
Unfortunately I received an NC-181, which is being sent back.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse