5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and cosy if you order the right size
These boots are really fantastic, they're very warm and comfortable to wear, they look good on. Although they're rather chunky looking but I like that.

Published 20 months ago by Mrs. S. Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Faulty products
Published 16 months ago by Jo

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and cosy if you order the right size, 18 Nov 2012
Mrs. S. Jones - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timberland Women's Mount Holly Lace Duck Waterproof Boots (Apparel)

Its definitely worth listening to the advice of the reviewers who mention about the sizing - its absolutely necessary to order the size up from your normal shoe size. I'm a 7 and got a pair of 7's - which didn't fit, so I've given them to my friend who is a small 6 and they're perfect for her. I then got another pair of 8's which are just right, but that's with just thin socks. So if you're planning to head out the wilds in these with proper walking gear and thick walking socks I'd consider two sizes up.

The quality of the boots is excellent, they feel very sturdy when you're wearing them, although I'm not sure that they'll be that helpful in icy weather as they slipped a bit on greasy pavements but against rain and the cold they're brilliant.

2.0 out of 5 stars Faulty products, 12 Mar 2013
So this is my THIRD order and will be my THIRD return! First boots, not a size 7.5 and couldn't get my feet into them (bear in mind I'm a size 7!) so made my next order to be a size 8... great they fitted, but wait.... the front of the shoes were completely misshapen, one toe round the other square with glue in a lot of places. Thought it was a faulty pair so ordered my third, they just arrived and again, misshapen fronts and now the tongue is a lot narrower than the other shoe so doesn't even tuck in when the laces are done up.

Timberland, is this a joke? Why are all these shoes completely different to what you have in store? You cant get away with selling faulty products at that price!

Shame because these are lovely looking shoes, warm and would have been great for bad weather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great winter boots, 4 Dec 2012
These arrived just in time for the bad weather and so far they are well up to the job. We have had really heavy rains recently and I was unsure they would cope with all the water around, but they are totally waterproof, and I have waded through some pretty deep puddles! Also over the weekend we have had our first snow, sub zero temps, and a lot of ice on the ground. They have kept my feet toasty and warm and the grip on the ice is excellent, all that and they look great too! Having read the reviews about the sizing I did order a 1/2 size up and I have to say that was adequate, I think if I had gone up a full size they would have been too big. Really pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 19 Nov 2013
This boots are exactly what I was looking for during last 2 years for Russian winters. Size 9 is good for wide foot 25cm, and there is place for warm socks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, 19 Jan 2013
Got these for my girlfriend. She loves them! Probably the best pair off boots she's ever had, light and durable, very warm and comfortable. Make sure you get a size or two bigger when ordering as they are quite small sizes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timberland boots, 14 Jan 2013
I am very pleased with my boots (even more so as I got them in the sales) They arrived at just the right time as the snow turned up a week later. I am glad I took the advice of others and went up half a size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent winter boots. Stylish yet practical i love it THANK YOU AMAZON UK!!!!!!!!!!!!, 24 Nov 2013
I bought these boots while they were on discount down from 135 to just 38. To my surprise when i went to pay for them Amazon applied another discount at check-out bringing them down to just 30! Thank you Amazon for that. I received them just yesterday and i have to say they are excellent value for money. They are very warm but yet stylish and practical. A timeless piece which can and will be worn in years to come. I love them so much i ordered another pair and i plan on buying more to stock up for the next 7 winters ahead. I wore them out yesterday and i did get looks while out and about. Even my mother-in-law asked me about them so i directed her to Amazon UK to buy them for herself. This is the first review i have written on here but i feel the need to let others know that these boots are a good investment. However true to previous reviews you must get a size up from your normal size to ensure comfort. I wore wooly socks with them and i felt snug and warm. I am normally a size 5 but i ordered a size 6 and i feel very comfortable in these boots.

To sum up, these boots are a investment and should last longer than one winter. They are very stylish but very practical too. I am a mum of 3 and always running around doing stuff. I can see that these boots will aid in my every-day chores. Thank you Amazon for such a great bargain and i look forward to buying more great bargains from Amazon UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 out of 10, 20 Dec 2012
These boots are like hot water bottles on your feet and they really are water proof.Very comfortable to walk in for long walks, no cold toes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and very good looking..., 31 May 2013
I like these boots very much. They are sturdy, but they look good too and they feel soft, so I don't expect they will take long to break in, which us great. I had been deliberating over whether or not to get these boots for a few months and I'm glad I decided to in the end (in May of all months!!!). I've seen reviews which stated the importance of getting half or a full size up, but I don't think this is necessary - they feel just right with normal socks, and I think with some wear they will accommodate thicker socks easily too. In all I am very pleased with them and I'm looking forward to trying them out during the autumn and winter. I ordered with USC, and the delivery was very prompt! Both boots and seller come highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Purchase, 14 Dec 2013
Lotte Beeston - See all my reviews
I love my Timberland boots and purchased them at a very attractive price indeed. Please note that the sizes are on the small side. I am normally a UK size 4 (European size 37), but the ones I bought in UK size 4 were too small, so I sent them back. I bought a pair in size 38.5 but I probably should have bought them in size 38, however, I would now have plenty of room for wearing a thick pair of socks as well. I cannot praise this pair of boots enough. They are very warm, sturdy, keep their shape and I cannot wait to test them in REAL SNOW (if we get any). Can highly recommend!!!