5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh water
I was given one of these as a present, today. Simple, well packaged with clear instructions on the pack warning about charcoal dust needing to be rinsed/squirted from the unit initially. As I have an under-the-sink unit with a carbon filter ( and a similar warning ), it was no surprise to have this warning.

Clear water isn't usually a problem in this area but...
Published on 30 May 2011 by Bz

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea
This is a really good idea, and it enables me to drink the dodgy tap water at work, but I have a problem with the flow of the water, and having to squeeze the bottle a little too hard for my liking. Good, but I need it to come out a bit faster.
Published 24 months ago by Shoe lover

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh water, 30 May 2011
Bz (Cheshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

Clear water isn't usually a problem in this area but there have been odd occasions when the stench of TCP has been a problem for a short period. Will this solve such a problem ? Only time will tell. I guess.

Having said that, the first bottle/bobble full, filled from the main pipe not the filter tap, has been impressive.

Update : 24 hours and 3x fillings later - in a word 'stunning'. It's like drinking liquid silk. Sorry if that sounds corny but I'm very impressed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, 29 April 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Bobble, 5 Aug 2011
J. Walsh "Jak" (London) - See all my reviews
Looks good - I'm always getting compliments on the bottle. Water tastes great and I'm saving money and all those plastic bottles I would normally buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful item, 12 Aug 2013
Mrs. D. James (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
I use mine at work to make sure I drink enough water. It's done the trick and got me into a good habit. My husband has one too and he's using his, particularly good for him as he rarely has hot drinks. Great product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fair, but treat with care (fragile!), 13 Oct 2012
*UPDATE* After some use: I concur with some reviews that the 'screw in filter'/ 'sucking tube' unit can be temperamental: unless it is FULLY screwed in;
(feels almost like over tightening) a squeeze of the bottle floods the water all over you.
-the design needs a washer to seal it better.
If Fully tightened it is ok, but this does feel like you have to 'over tight' for a flimsy bottle. Be aware, or wet trousers await you!!

OK; so for the assurance that you are going to remove (some) of the nasties that are still present in your ALREADY clean TAP (or 'potable') water, and this is a handy size.

**NOTE** that this does *NOT* purify unclean water, so it is NOT suitable for travel, for use in areas with non-sanitised water.
It is *NOT* a water purifier.

What is does do, is remove some of the chemical, and base line nasties that (may) still be present in your already clean tap water, things like Chlorine etc.. so the water will be 'cleaner' and ceratinly taste better.
this 500ml size is just about the right size for a back pack, or to store in your (work place?) fridge or to carry around, the next size up is too big, and its bulberous design takes up space in your bag.
The replacement cartridges also seem a slightly expensive but 'fair' price for their lifetime use, when compared to some rival systems.

the negative points;
the bottle is painfully thin, even the box states "do not squeeze too hard or you will crush (ie damage) the bottle"; not great for a bottle that you do need to squeeze to drink from!
but treated with care, it is OK for purpose.
The bulberous design makes it easy to handle, but does take up more bag space than say a slim line 'canister' style, and by design is therefor more likely to indeed 'crush' if empty in your bag.

The bright colours of filter (and bottle) could brighten up your day from a dull plastic bottle, and this will also make it more attractive to children too (they even have 'themed filters' like Halloween!)
so this is a POSITIVE; anyone, including, children drinking clean water rather than Sugar laced drinks has got to be a bonus.
The spout and cap cover are spill resistant, so also make this safer in environments where open bottles are banned (ie near equipment)

Overall, still expensive for a thinner plastic bottle, and the same for the more expensive than needs to be replacement filters, but the best of the bunch overall.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, potential for replacement main body, 12 Mar 2012
C. McCourt (UK) - See all my reviews
The water I drink at work is a bit hit and miss sometimes so asked for this for my birthday. It has helped clear up my water and tastes a lot nicer. The filter works fine but I find the plastic bottle a bit flimsy, not the most sturdy bottle. The packaging says the bottle can be replaced, however, on an initial look (I tried 2 different generic water bottles) neither of them fit. I'm not too worried for now, I think it is possible to find them and if I do, I shall let you know.

Other than that, works like a charm.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Enough, 11 Dec 2011
I got this product as I was looking for a reusable bottle that would also filter the water. And this does exactly that. Easy to set up for initial use, very prompt delivery. The only downsides I have are that the cap tends to leak if it's popped open even a little bit, but the plastic overcap actually can counteract that. And it's hard to drink the last 1/4 of fluid in the bottle. Doesn't really work on a suck-mechanism but a squeeze-mechanism.

For what I was looking for this does the job fine, and I will continue to use - but it's nothing special, and perhaps a little overpriced for what it is. I'm not sure I'd continue enough to have to replace the filter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 11 Jun 2013
I got my first bobble in 2011. I'm only writing this review now as reading some of the other reviews on here (particularly the 1 star reviews) make me jump to the Bobbles defence.

To address some of the common 'problems' people are having...

"The spout is too difficult to pull up"...
All bobble filters are different. Some are easy and some are difficult. It's not a fault. You can actually try pulling them up in the shop before you buy.

"IT LEAKS!"
Yes, there can be a certain amount of leakage, but as long as you keep the filter closed and the bottle upright whilst transporting you'll be fine. It's not rocket science.

"It covers me in water when I drink"
This is an interesting one. This only started happening to me recently. When you tip the bottle up and 'guzzle' water, the air flow won't work quick enough and the water just leaks from under the nozzle. The only way to solve this is to not guzzle. It's not that kind of bottle.

"It leaves black bits floating in the water"
It does explain in the instructions that you need to empty out - through the nozzle - a whole bottle full of water before first use. This clears any carbon residue and you won't get black bits floating in the bottle. Simple

"It only dispenses a small amount of water"
Again, if you want to guzzle loads of water at once, don't buy a bobble. Buy a more open mouthed bottle.

My bobble comes everywhere with me everyday. It's a lightweight, reasonably priced water bottle. Easy to fill, easy to use and easy on the eye. The bobble gets a lot of attention and I've encouraged at least ten people to buy one. Personally I have found that the filters last longer than three months (and I fill it 4x per day) and the bottle should be replaced at least once a year (that's just personal preference though). You will also need to soak the filter once every few weeks to stop it smelling stale. But anything that involves water will have this problem.

The only downside I can think of...
You can't put the bottle part in the dishwasher as the plastic melts (yes, I tried it once).

Get one. They're good :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Water has never tasted so good, 16 Nov 2013
Ms. S. Armitage (Lancs) - See all my reviews
Really impressed with this bottle and filter. Tap water tastes perfect right away and the filter lasts for 300 refills for about a fiver. Get one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well !, 12 Aug 2013
Having never bought bottled water, when I tasted the difference the Bobble makes to ordinary tap water I was amazed. Brilliant product and really works

ARRAY(0xb4d95648)