5.0 out of 5 stars Save money and be healthy - buy it!
Delivery was quick and packaging fine.

A bobble bottle comes in three parts - the bottle, the filter and the cap. The latter two bits need replacing every 3-4 months at a cost of around 5 (still a massive saving over buying bottles of water but worth knowing about.

Published on 25 Sep 2011 by E. Wallace

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea
This is a really good idea, and it enables me to drink the dodgy tap water at work, but I have a problem with the flow of the water, and having to squeeze the bottle a little too hard for my liking. Good, but I need it to come out a bit faster.
Published on 29 April 2012 by Shoe lover

5.0 out of 5 stars Save money and be healthy - buy it!, 25 Sep 2011
E. Wallace (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Delivery was quick and packaging fine.

I bought my bobble as I commute on the tube a lot and I always like to travel with bottle of water. I used to buy bottled water and then refill them a few times before chucking them out (you shouldn't refill ordinary plastic bottles too often as they degrade over time and leak nasty chemicals into your water - although to be honest its not a major problem as most people I know chuck them after a few refills in any event). A bobble bottle is made of different plastic that doesn't have the same chemical compounds so can be refilled as often as you wish.

So, what's the bobble like to use? First off the shape is distinctive, personally I love the shape and feel of it. When you first get it, you have to soak the filter and give the bottle a rinse - easy to do and a 3 minute job. Assembly is as easy as you would expect (insert filter and.. done!).

Drinking from the bobble take a bit of practice, you sort of part squeeze and part suck. When I started (and this is the same for many of my friends) it wasn't that great to be honest - and it nearly ended up languishing on a shelf. However as the plastic bobble bottle softens slightly with use and you master the technique then it becomes easy and instinctive. I am in danger here of making it sound difficult, and it isn't, its just drinking water after all lol; but don't rely on it for your gym visit until after you have mastered guzzling rather than sipping! :)

The filter works well, removing any unpleasant taste from the water (useful if you live in an area where it is very chalky or hard). You are recommended to clean it every now and then (which means soaking it in some boiling water); likewise clean out the bobble bottle (soapy water) and the lid. I find the latter tends to discolour but you get new ones with the replacement filters.

Problems - well if you don't push the teat bit back down when you finish drinking then you are effectively leaving it open and it will of course then leak - I guess that's a stupidity/drunk test and a mistake that I have only made once. Very occasionally, especially with a new filter, the teat part of the filter can be tricky to pull up in to the open/drink position - but its not an issue, if it happens then just untwist the filter slightly to release the pressure and then pull it up into the open position.

If the filter starts smelling a bit rubbery (rather like a wet-suit) then you definitely know its time for a new filter! Mine last around 4 months with daily use.

Bottle sizes: I first bought the smaller one and would strongly recommend against it. With a bobble bottle you will find you are drinking more water than normal (which is good) but as a result you will end up wondering why you bothered buying such a tiny bottle. This is the best size for normal every day use/travel and I have a bigger one on my desk at work (they all use the same size filters).

So to round up, if you buy a lot of bottled water stop, buy one of these - they are greener, and much much cheaper over time. If you want to drink more water or like to have a travel bottle for commuting etc then - yup buy one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh water, 30 May 2011
Bz (Cheshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was given one of these as a present, today. Simple, well packaged with clear instructions on the pack warning about charcoal dust needing to be rinsed/squirted from the unit initially. As I have an under-the-sink unit with a carbon filter ( and a similar warning ), it was no surprise to have this warning.

Clear water isn't usually a problem in this area but there have been odd occasions when the stench of TCP has been a problem for a short period. Will this solve such a problem ? Only time will tell. I guess.

Having said that, the first bottle/bobble full, filled from the main pipe not the filter tap, has been impressive.

Update : 24 hours and 3x fillings later - in a word 'stunning'. It's like drinking liquid silk. Sorry if that sounds corny but I'm very impressed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, 29 April 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Tastes great, pain to use, 11 May 2011
If this review was based purely on taste it'd get 5 stars. I've used my bottle for 2 weeks now and I no longer have that slightly earthy flavour to the water when I drink through the bottle. However, you can't just gulp water through this. You have to squeeze the bottle a fair bit to get enough pressure to push water through the carbon filter. And you only get about enough water for about half a mouthful peer squeeze. Also, maybe I got a dud bottle, but the slightest bit of pressure causes the cap to close after you pop it making it even harder to drink water from it. I'm going to buy another bottle to see if I did just get a dud and will update my review accordingly. Otherwise, I fear it's back to glass bottles filled from the (slow) Brita pitcher.

Update: I've had this for a few months now and still have the same issue. I didn't need to buy a new bottle because 3 of my friends purchased it and had the same issues I did. In addition, it's now started to make a whizzing sound when you drink from it (which my other friends have noted as well). I still have mine, because I hate to throw away things and I still like the taste of the water. But, I rarely use it. Only when I'm too lazy to wait for the Brita pitcher to finish filtering water. But it's totally impractical for Sports use or when you're really thirsty. Shame as it's a good idea in theory.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, potential for replacement main body, 12 Mar 2012
C. McCourt (UK) - See all my reviews
The water I drink at work is a bit hit and miss sometimes so asked for this for my birthday. It has helped clear up my water and tastes a lot nicer. The filter works fine but I find the plastic bottle a bit flimsy, not the most sturdy bottle. The packaging says the bottle can be replaced, however, on an initial look (I tried 2 different generic water bottles) neither of them fit. I'm not too worried for now, I think it is possible to find them and if I do, I shall let you know.

Other than that, works like a charm.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 19 April 2013
Used it once...waste of money! It leaks and the filter isnt good, as you try and drink it its like sucking air first then you get a tiny bit of drink! Not happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bobble Water Bottle, 10 April 2014
I was a poor drinker of water based drinks, since I've got this I've never stopped, great, non stop drinker

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality plus very dangerous type of plastic, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Bobble BPA-Free 550 ml Water Bottle, Blue (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this product and i was hoping to get something a bit more solid. It lost its shape with in a week. also when the bottom of the bottle is checked for plastic safety it is 1. which is the lowest and most hazardious one. paying 8,5 pounds for the cheapest plastic quality? and we buy this item for health reasons!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bottle. Water tastes better., 20 July 2013
This review is from: Bobble BPA-Free 550 ml Water Bottle, Blue (Kitchen & Home)
Good, light and durable only problem is that it makes a strange noise after you've drunk from it. My guess is it is air leaving the filter but a bit odd if you drink in a quiet room.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Bobble BPA-Free 550 ml Water Bottle, Blue (Kitchen & Home)
Found this product ok, first few times I filled it with water had quite a fair bits of carbon floating in my water they disappeared. bottle can easily become dented that's only downfall