5.0 out of 5 stars Great
I really enjoy this speaker system. The sound is clean and the basses are as deep as one wants thanks to the bass volume control. I had been using the Hercules 2.1 speaker system, then I had the chance to sell it to a friend and by this new one. I must say that Hercules is never disappointing.
Published 18 months ago by Massimo Secci

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Wanted to plug it into our Sky+ box but too many wires and not enough ports for ALL speakers
Published 6 months ago by Michael

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Hercules XPS 5.1 70 Slim Multimedia Speaker System (Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat them for the money, 8 Aug. 2014
Beats my Logitech X-530's by a long shot even though these are less than half of them. Incredible bass response for just a 4" subwoofer; I couldn't be more impressed from its small form factor (TWSS). Brilliant, clear vocals and sharp highs is where it leaves the Logitech's in the dust. I can crank these up to about as loud as I would ever hope; without them distorting which you would not expect from just 17W speakers. I also love the slender design of these speakers.
My only gripe is that the cables to the front speakers are quite short in my opinion at about 1.5M but these can be extended with some standard phono cables.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we needed!, 17 May 2013
Great sound for our house birthday party - perfect for the job! Straightforward to connect up and operate and has now been stolen by my 18 year old son for his bedroom!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 4 April 2013
Loud with clarity. The sound is deep and crystal clear and the sub woofer kicks deep hard bass. Definitely worth the money..

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 15 Jun. 2013
I have gone three sets of Logitech speakers in the last 6 months!!! From a slight bang busting a sat from a blown sub to a faulty plug. Ridiculous waste of my time and effort and luckily Amazon replaced them each time.

I got fed up and saw these. Boy how pleased I was when they arrived. Same price but just look so much neater being so tall and good looking. Sound quality is as good if not better than the Logitech. Sub is superb and mixed with Creative Sound Lab 5.1 Full Version you can tweak it to perfection.

Will never look back and 3 months in they work perfectly, even knocked and dropped them a few times and 0 problems. Bravo random Hercules make good job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well satisfied user ... after Logitech, 3 May 2012
I bought these after having selected a set of Logitech Z506. They were OK (nothing special in my mind), but stopped working two days after installation. Logitech didn't quibble, but I had to send them back.
So, after much agonising, I decided to buy these Hercules speakers instead. OK, they've only just arrived and been connected, but I am very happy. The sound is excellent. The quality of the speakers is very good and the remote control is excellent (volume control, base control, standby on/off and mock surround sound for the line in (my mp3 player works fine). To be quite frank (assuming they keep going like this for more than two days) I wish I'd bought them first and can't understand why more people aren't buying them. Highly recommended.
PS I bought mine through Amazon from Computer Orbit in the NE - the speakers arrived 22hours later in London. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music investment, 19 Jan. 2015
Superb system. Upgraded from a 2.1 Logitech system. Very good investment. The length of the cables are great for surround system placement.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 1 Sept. 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 13 July 2013
Out of the box the front right channel doesn't work.

I've not got a replacement yet, but if there's not something more fundamentally broken than the output on that one channel then this is a tinny, bass free experience.

If a working version is better I'll post a better review (but I'll not buy Hercules again, I am incredibly unforgiving of a single not working out of the box experience).

1.0 out of 5 stars absolute rubbish, 3 Dec. 2012
1)So called next day delivery took 3 days! 2) says on item description compatible with 3.5mm jack plug, what it does'nt say is you need 3 x 3.5mm sockets on your equipment or you cant plug all the speakers in as each speaker has its own outlet?? 3) sounds so bad they may as well have sent me a box of angry cats cause all I can hear is hissing... I think the sellers item description is deliberately vague as they cant say anything good about their own product. There was one previous review on this item which was actually praising this item but i strongly suspect it was written by some one within the company that sells this item, I feel ripped off and will be returning this item immediately. My advice to anyone considering buying theses speakers is simple,- DONT!!! Ps, I had to rate 1 star to submit this review but if it was possible to give 0 stars i would,twice!!

Hercules XPS 5.1 70 Slim Multimedia Speaker System