Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 13 May 2010
I have never read a fantasy book before, and I am so please that The Tree Of Seasons is the first one I chose. As a Stephen Gately fan, I was curious to see another aspect of his life. Thats not to say this book is only for fans of Stephen, this book will appeal to many. Stephen's imagination is absolutely amazing, his ability to write is brilliant. At many points of the book, you can just imagine it as a film. I don't want to spoil the story for everyone, but this book is well worth a read! This story tells of 3 young children living in Ireland who find a magical tree in the woods their great aunt own. Join them on their adventure as they battle to save their newly found world! This book is utterly spellbinding and I highly recommend it to everyone! Stephen has proved himself as a writer and am just sad that there wont be another story from this wonderful man. 5 star read, highly recommended for children and adults!
Joanne
on 13 May 2010
As a Stephen fan I have been looking forward to reading this book for ages.
While I have never been a big fan of fantasy books - I could not put this book down. As I went through the book I felt as if the scenes Stephen was describing were coming out of the pages and surrounding me. This book is well worth the money, for any age - it is not just for children and not just for Stephen's fans.
You could see so much of Stephen in the book, and it is a shame we will never get to know what else Stephen would have been able to write.
on 16 May 2010
This is a really sweet, magical story.

It's the beginning of the summer holidays and one night the 3 kids Josh, Michael and Beth Lotts discover some strange lights and sounds from the nearby Merriville Woods. The next day they go to explore and they end up meeting Forrester, who is the protector of the trees. They are told about the secrets of the Tree Of Seasons, which is an ancient tree that has doors to the 4 kingdoms of spring, summer, autumn and winter. Each kingdom has a king or a queen. However the evil queen Gridelda wants to rule all 4 kingdoms. She would then not only be able to rule the magical world, but the outside world as well. The three kids get choosen to help the fight against the evil queen. They get involved in a real adventure and make lots of magical friends on their way.

I don't want to give too much of the story or the ending away, but it's written in a real sweet and uplifting way. A lovely story about the fight of good and evil and about living in harmonie with each other.

This book totally exceeded my expectations. It holds a lot of surprises. Every child between 4 - 12 will enjoy this story - guaranteed. And adults who like to drift away into a magical world will enjoy this book equally.
on 24 September 2010
I had no idea what to expect from the The Tree of Seasons. I was aware of Stephen Gately, the singer and entertainer, and was a fan of his music. In the wake of his tragic death last year, I became aware of this book and how passionate Stephen was about writing it. I ordered a copy of the book, out of respect for his memory and just plain curiosity. I wouldn't normally read a fantasy novel that seemed to be targeted to young readers. In all honesty, once I started reading this book, I couldn't put it down. I became completely engrossed in the story and found it to be quite magical. It's a beautifully written novel that transports you into a fantasy world filled with delightful characters and both exciting and harrowing adventures. Stephen Gately has written a wonderful fantasy adventure that can be enjoyed by readers of all ages. His death is a tragedy and I, for one, am sorry that there won't be more books to read by this gifted young man.
on 15 May 2010
I have spent today lost in a wonderful world of fairies and goblins.I loved this book from the first page.I want to ride on a butterfly!Stephen`s imagination really shone out from this book.Josh,Michael and Beth were so real,it was such a shame it had to end,one of those books you don`t want to finish reading.
on 16 May 2010
Bought this on the basis that I am a Stephen Gately fan. I will admit I was more than surprised at how well written it is. Needless to say I REALLY enjoyed it. Stephen has the ability to draw you to the characters immediately and from the onset it is difficult to put the book down. Children of all ages, young and old will be pleasantly surprised by Stephen's creative ability to fabricate a colourful fantastical world. It's a great read aloud book, both at bedtime, and within the classroom. My only critism is that this will be the only book written by this obviously talented man...so disappointing. Well done to Andrew Cowles for seeing it through to completions. The man deserves recognition for his strength in doing so. This would have made Stephen stand tall on two accounts: publication of the book, and Andrew himself. A must read.
on 14 June 2010
I bought this book as a present to read to my granddaughter who is 7 years old, and i thought i would read it first, i was pleasantly suprised, it's a very sweet story, and the book left you wanting to hear more of the adventures of the three children, it is very well written and i would recommened this book for anyone who likes fairy stories young or old alike
on 13 May 2010
I was fortunate to read this book ahead of the official release date and I was so inspired I just could not put it down. In fact I never wanted the novel to end. It crosses over from Lord Of The Rings Harry Potter and even Disney's Alice in Wonderland with a superb writing that is just magical from start to finish. It is a book for all ages and seriously needs to be made into a film.
on 26 June 2010
I bought this book for my kids but have read it myself. It is excellent. I couldn't put it down. It is beautifully written and illustrated. It is a good read for both children and adults. It is very sad that this is the only book that Stephen has written. He had a great imagination to come up with such a good story.
on 17 June 2010
I am enjoying the book very much so far Stephen had a very vivid imagination, I would recommend the book to older children not younger ones as I think it may be a bit scary for under 10's. I am just sorry that there won't be any more Stephen Gately books in the future