4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
I've waited a few months after buying this before commenting. I had the cheaper TT2021 before, and had many years of service out of it and was originally intending to get another the same, but thought I might splash out on the latest model, and quite glad I did.

Published on 9 April 2012 by A. J. Miles

3.0 out of 5 stars Close Shave
Does what it says on the box,makes life a lot more easier when trimming certain areas of the body not to many nicks.
Published on 25 Oct 2011 by Tony C

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 April 2012
This review is from: Philips TT2040 Rechargeable All-in-One Bodygroom Pro (Personal Care)

A word of warning - If you are moving sharp steel cutters around your most delicate parts you need to take care. The shaver head is very cleverly designed with trimming cutters along both edges, and a foil type shaver head in between, so, as you move the shaver over the skin, in either direction, the longer hair is cut first by the trimming cutter, and then the remaining shortened hair is shaved off smooth, by the foil shaver. The small size, and rounded shape of the head, makes it very manoeuvrable around all those hard-to-get-to crevices in the groin area. When using, it is essential to keep the angle of the head in line with the skin surface, and to keep the skin surface flat, and stretched tight: get nearer to a right-angle, with soft loose skin, and you can get cut. I tell you this from experience, learning the hard way, with my previous shaver. I wondered whether the swivel head would make this shaver more, or less, prone to cutting, as the angle is less under your control, being loose, and I have waited a few months to establish this before reviewing. I can report that I have not had a single cut from this shaver, even though the head is identical to that on the TT2021 I had before. The swivel head helps to keep the correct angle, and so, is much less likely to cut, but you still need to take care.

The other end of the shaver has a trimmer for long hair, and has a very clever comb attachment. The comb keeps the cutting head a precise distance from the skin surface, so cutting every hair the same length. I have a hair trimmer that does the same thing for my head. However, that one for my head comes with six different combs to give a range of lengths, but to achieve the same range on the TT2040 you only need to slide the one comb forward, or back, into different positions. I use it on my eye brows, under arms, and even a bit of tidying of the hair-do, in addition to an occasional trim of the hair on legs and arms when getting too Gorilla-like. It's very handy to do the whole job with the different heads on each end of the trimmer.

So, it is very functional, and also looks good, and the nicely designed cradle is also the charger. An overnight charge, only gives you a couple of uses before it needs recharging, which is fairly short. I have a Phillips shaver which only takes 30 minutes to charge up for over an hour of use, so I am not sure why this one has a much higher charge to usage ratio, but is not that big a deal: I have not run the batteries flat yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing results, and all you need to know, 7 Jan 2013
I bought this to try having used other products and ended up looking like a badly plucked chicken, even the razor that advertised as so sharp we put it behind bars {sic} didn't do the job.

When I opened this I was amazed how solid and sturdy it felt in the hand, the one hour charge was the real clincher for me. I bought it for £31 special offer from a chemist that sounds like it sells footwear and so at that bargain price wasn't too worried about it not being up to job, but I was astounded. Remember this is for everything BELOW the neck line, the foil is too fine for your course head hairs.

Since I didn't want to look like a hairless freak I did a number 1 trim under the arms and on the chest, it was effortless and whilst you need to keep skin slightly taught it gave very pleasing results, I used it in the shower too and had similar results. The comb was a bit awkward to trim about the nipple area but other than this not a problem.

Next was that 'other' area everyone wants to know about its performance and yet the reviews are hard to find. Well I was completely amazed, this time for me it was all coming off. Shaving along the raphe was easy and nick free. You must remember to try to keep the skin tight so 'rising' for the shaving occasion is a good idea. The shaving is gentle enough to so in the shower every few days or so. A neutral moisturising cream would be ideal for after shaving such as J&J lotions etc.

Pros

Good charge time
swivel head, easy to do ALL areas.

Cons

No protective cap on foil head for when travelling (in my view a big oversight by the company)
comb a little cheap and flexes too much.

Happy to answer questions from anyone about this product it is just so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Below the neck body groom, 20 Jun 2010
Andy O'Boogie (Widnes, Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like most blokes (my age anyway) I thought that body shavers were for the ladies. So when I tried this item I was a bit skeptical. However I am won over and will keep using this 'All-in-one-Bodygroom'. This is sold as a below the neck groomer. It is not supposed to be for the beard or head hair. But I have used the shaver to trim my beard very successfully. It is also no good as a lady shave (according to my wife anyway!) it doesn't shave close enough. But for that unsightly hair that us boys have grown over our bodies over the years this product is great. You can shave it all off if you want with the shaver. Or simply do a tidy up with the trimmer. On the trimming end of the bodygroomer you have 5 settings for different lengths to trim to, 3mm, 5mm, 7mm, 9mm, 11mm. It is comfortable and easy to operate (yes, even around the VERY sensitive bits!).

On the other end of the bodygroomer is the shaver which I did try to see what it was like. It shaved close enough as far as I was concerned. It is waterproof so if you prefer to shave while having a shower you can do.

It is a rechargeable product and they recommend for the first time to charge for 10 hours. A full charge lasts about 50 minutes. It has a good looking cradle to keep it in (which is also the charger).

For people who are keen on having the body beautiful this product is brilliant. For the skeptics, like me, if you are going to inflict your body onto us this summer on the beach, then please buy this. If not for you then do it for the rest of us!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth operation, smooth skin, 21 Jun 2010
Keris Nine - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Functionally and operationally, the Phillips TT2040 works exceptionally well. It's perfectly designed, balanced and weighted to make the all-over body grooming experience as simple and as painless as possible, separating trim and shave functions to either ends of the tool.

With five length positions, the trim unit operates exceptionally smoothly for a clean, consistent cut, the shape and narrowness of the head being ideal for getting into all those nooks and crannies without the discomfort of any nips or tugs. The plastic trim comb can be removed to allow close cutting with the blade itself, but I wouldn't recommend this, particularly in any sensitive areas. The shaving function works for dry or wet shaving and also operates smoothly with a self-adjusting head that allows for maximum manoeuvrability and control.

It's worth noting that the BodyGroom Pro is not recommended for use in any area above the neckline. Why, I'm not exactly sure. It could be that there are additional shavers that the manufacturer would like you to buy as well, but it is also probable that the design of the grooming appliance isn't best suited to these areas. I haven't tried this to verify myself, but the narrow head probably wouldn't make this the easiest tool to use for facial and scalp shaving in any case.

Charging time for the Phillips TT2040 is eight hours, which gives you only 50 minutes of shaving time. A warning light will also indicate when the battery is running low. Obviously, it's a power intensive appliance, but 50 minutes seems a reasonable amount of time and certainly sufficient for a grooming tool that you won't be using every day. In summary, this is a wonderful little appliance, with smooth operation, no vibration and no excessive noise, beautifully designed for maximum functionality and operability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential kit for men with body hair!, 11 Nov 2010
Andrew "impulsive gadget buyer" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Firstly, I don't mind amditting I used to use a combination of old trimmers/scissors and my trusty gilette to keep myself clean and tidy and quite frankly it was a chore. I noticed this by accident on the highstreet but was put off by the high price tag. Even at just shy of fifty quid it is a premium product but that shows through. It is well built and comes with a funky charging stand that uses a standard 3 pin plug (phew).

The shaver and trimmer both work well, especially the groin area and I cannot fault it. It evens works well in the shower. It is crafted form what feels like a sturdy metal and has a good weight to it! Now all I ahve to do is start training to get the body like the guy advertising it......

Overall very happy with this which simplifies grooming and comes in a very solid manly device.

My only niggle is for a premium product I felt it could have included some sort of pouch to keep it all together or for travelling.

PS this is for everything below the neck line so it can't be used very well as a standard shaver just incase someone was looking for an all in one type product.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10/10, 13 Jun 2012
I has an old version of the Bodygroom which needed replacing, after looking around and reading reviews i opted for the TT2040 and so far i have not been dissapointed. The fisrt thing i like is that a 1 hour charge gives you 50 mins use. Some of the other models (including my old one) needed 8 hours charge for 50 mins.

The unit comes with a 2 year guarantee but if you register the TT2040 online you get a free year taking it up to 3 years guarantee, i found this out by accident! You will need the serial No though which can be found by taking of the foil head (flick up with your thumb and it clicks off) and on the plastic there will be four digits, that is your serial number. On the Philips registration page it says there is a long serial number or a sticker on the unit...don't be fooled, i couldn't find it so I spoke to Philips who told me where the serial No was. Philips don't make it easy for you!

As for the unit itself very impressed, a close shave and easy to use where ever you want to use on your body, no nicks either. The unit itself is strong and sturdy and comes with a charging stand which looks good if you plan to leave it on the side of your bedside cabinet etc.

Basic instructions or lack of them! The TT2040 comes with a small booklet featuring little pictures on a bit paper so it is the case of trial and error when using it the TT2040 to see how it works best for you.

The only negative comment is that the TT2040 could have done with coming with a pouch to put everything back into. Lucky my old bodygroom did so, so i have used my old one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best body trimmer I have used, 23 Oct 2011
This is one of the best body trimmer I have used, and it does not cause irritation. It is also soft and doesn't pull. Will definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best purchases I have ever purchased online!, 16 Dec 2013
Edward Mcglone "Jockaholic" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I ordered this item after reading some excellent reviews and I can only add to them.

For years I have spent countless wasted hours using a wet razor to shave my body from top to toe including the junk. It used to take ages, but now WOW this shaver can do it in minutes and it can reach the parts that other's can't with relative ease.

Once you get used to it,this shaver can work it's around your body and contours easily, I used to have trouble with the back of my legs and sometimes the groin area, this shaver has made it so easy after just 2 use's I can safely say that this gets to every part easily and with no nasty nicking!!!

I would describe myself as a 7 out of 10 on the hairy scale but after using this shaver I am now definitely a 1 and loving the results because of the ease of use and little time it takes to get the job done. Best online purchase from Amazon ever :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, does NOT nick in "those" places, 30 Sep 2010
Fantastic bit of kit this, a must for every gentleman who likes to look his best, all over. Charges over night for a full 50 min shave. The all important question is does the trimmer "catch" down there and I can honestly say, not one bit! Be as reckless as you like! I would buy again and thoroughly recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth & Easy, 2 Aug 2010
Having used the basic Bodygroom for the last few years, I needed a replacement foil/cutter for the unit.
Seeing as Philips charge a totally extortionate £14 for just this tiny component, I was tempted to look
at replacing the whole shaver.

Having read the favourable reviews of the more expensive TT2040 Bodygroom Pro, I thought I'd upgrade
as well. When it arrived, I was dismayed to see that the shaver foil/cutter was exactly the same as my
previous model.

However, this is clearly not the reason why Philips currently charge double the price for the Pro, compared
to the original Bodygroom. The pivoting head, which rocks left to right, as well as backwards and forwards,
coupled with a heftier motor (though no more noisy) means that this product is well worth the extra money.

Somehow, the same shaving head produces vastly superior results with the TT2040. Smooth and easy.

I agree that the pictogram instructions are pretty pathetic. To remove the shaver foil is actually very easy
if you've had a Bodygroom before - it's just the foil/cutter unit that comes out of the pivoting head; a slight
pressure using your thumbnail under the edge of the cutting unit is enough to remove it. The pivoting head
does not come off.Once cleaned out - the foil/cutter unit clips in easily - just like on the original Bodygroom.

This really is a great product for removing unwanted hair on the shoulders, obtaining a smooth chest etc.
The reviewers who thought this shaver was also suitable for the face have brought down the average star
rating for this product. It deserves 5 stars.