5.0 out of 5 stars A good phone
I bought this telephone as a replacement for a BT cordless phone that had died (about the third BT phone I've had), and it is a nice phone. It is nice to look at and is well designed meaning it is simple to get to grips with. The internal phone settings and menus are much like they are on a mobile phone so if you can work a mobile this will be simple to use...
Published on 21 Jun 2010 by A. Styles

2.0 out of 5 stars problematic speakerphone
Published on 24 Nov 2010 by Vicky S

5.0 out of 5 stars A good phone, 21 Jun 2010
A. Styles - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TG6521EB DECT Single Digital Cordless Phone Set with Answer Machine - Black (Electronics)

The base unit is where the answerphone recording is done and it is simple to use with play, stop, and delete buttons which means you do not have to scroll through menus on the handset itself. The base unit also has a ringer in it so you can set the phone to ring at the handset and the base or either. There is also a button to make the handset ring so you can locate it from the base unit.

The batteries are proper AAA rechargables (supplied) as opposed to a phone battery but this is fine as the battery life is good. It also has the added advantage of meaning you can buy replacements when they are losing their charge too easily.

If you are looking for a good telephone with a decent feature set this is worth a look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone., 26 July 2010
I brought this phone to replace a similar Motrola model. It's a far better phone with much better battery life & sound quality. The instruction booklet is well written & easily understood. The ringer is loud enough on top setting to be heard all over the house. Simple to wall mount & looks good. Thououghly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic DECT Cordless Phone, 26 July 2010
This is the Second Panasonic cordless handset that I have purchased this year because they are so good.
The KX-TG6521EB DECT Single Digital Cordless Phone Set with Answer Machine - Black, in my opinion offers the best balance of all features you expect with a DECT cordless.
I recommend this Cordless phone and give it a 5* rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable price for the quality of this product:), 15 Oct 2010
My Previous Ph***ps cordless phone (just two years old) shortcircuited, set off a piercing warning bleep and started to overheat violently. Good job I was home at the time or it might have have set my flat on fire!
Needing a cordless phone quickly (I was stuck at home resting in bed a lot following an operation) ordering through Amazon meant I got quick delivery.
I wanted a cordless answerphone with variable volume, clear sound, a very good display screen and long standby.
This Panasonic model does everything well.
The pale orange with black lettering illumintated display is the clearest I have seen, with the best contrast colour for anyone with poor eyesight (blue background colour being the worst).
The standby hours are amazing in ECO mode.
The menu and prompts are clear to follow, even for me when I am in "Dumbo" mode, with my brain scrambled though having to take heavy duty painkillers!
It even works acceptably outdoors, and I can buy extra compatible handsets separately when I need them.

5.0 out of 5 stars panasonic KX-TG6521EB digital cordless phone, 15 Sep 2010
I'm very pleased with this product. It does everything I want from a cordless phone. You can select your own ring tone. It also gives a notification on the screen that there is a message waiting. The speaker phone is very handy.
Would recommend it as being a very comprehensive, all round phone

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cordless with answer machine, 7 Feb 2011
In box:
1. Phone base (with answer machine)
2. Cordless phone.
3. rechargeable battery.
4. phone charger.
5. telephone cable.
6. setup guide.

Points about product
1. I am using this phone with my o2 broadband.
2. i do have line filter connected.

*for all people who had problem switching between speaker phone to normal phone mode*

------->and solution is if you are in speaker phone mode that time if you press call button(green button) you will come back to normal phone mode.<------------

Hope this will help.

Review points
1. very annoying thing about this phone is once you put this phone on speaker there is no way to off the speaker phone(either have to disconnect the call or let every one else in room to hear your conversation, but i think this is problem with most of the cordless phone if i remember right my last philips phone use to do the same thing.)
2. without speaker phone sound is not so great.
3. Standby and talk time is great on this phone.
4. set up is very easy just follow the guide.
5. button are of good quality so i guess this phone will last on heavy use too.
6. Answer machine can record greeting message.
7. Handling answer machine is very easy which you can do either from base or from phone itself.
8. you can connect extra phone if you want to.
9. there are 5 volume level while on speaker and 4 while on phone.

over all this is good phone.

2.0 out of 5 stars problematic speakerphone, 24 Nov 2010
Vicky S (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this phone 3 months ago. It's is a cordless, DECT phone with all mod cons (memory, caller lists, contacts etc., various ring tones), incorporating an answering machine (electronic, i.e. no tape) and a speaker phone. It's wonderful to have all these in one device for that price. I was particularly interested in the answering machine, which works perfectly. I also needed the speaker phone. However the speaker phone is parctically useless with this device. Everybody says we are barely audible with lots of crackling sounds, even though we are just 30-40 cm away from the handset. If there is any background noise like TV or music they can't hear anything. I don't know if my phone is faulty or the design is poor, but I'll try to return it on my warranty if they'll take it. I wouldn't recommend, unless you don't need the speaker phone function.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 13 Nov 2010
This product does exactly what it says in the write-up. It has a huge choice of ring-tones, does not fall out of its holder easily -but it easy to use. It has a good memory, an excellent answer-phone that works and the best bit -a clearly written book of instructions, so you don't need to go to the web to download them before you can use the phone.The phone was easy to set up.
Delivery was prompt and smooth. Highly recommend this seller.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 Feb 2011
Everything about this phone is super except for the most important aspect to me which is clarity of voice of the person you are calling. At least half of all the calls I have made or received with this phone have been spoiled because of a slightly muffled poor quality voice from the other end. There is no consistency either with the same number giving a clear voice one day and muffled the next, this applies to long distance or local. For this reason I am unable to recommend this phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars This product is good., 29 Sep 2010
LaLaLottieR (Leicestershire) - See all my reviews
Overall this product is good.
Just "good".
If you're hard of hearing then I wouldn't recommend this phone. We had the old model and this new version is not really any better better when you're on the phone.
The answering machine system works well and if you have 1571 also, when a message is left it clears any messages on the 1571 messaging service, saving you having to check both the handset and the actual machine.
This one doesn't have a colour screen, but that makes no odds to me.
But like I say, overall, this phone is good. Its not excellent and it certainly doesn't have all the latest mod-cons.

Hope this helps ;-)