1,275 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Do you know what your are buying
The HP 301 is a very small in cartridge containing 4-mL of ink and costs between 7-12 pounds. It says it will print "up to" 190 pages from 4 ml of ink.

Consumers beware 4-mL of ink is only 4-ml no matter how you spin it.

A canon 520 black contains 26-ml of ink and costs around 8-12 pounds.

Now every one who bought a printer that takes the...
Published on 1 Nov. 2011 by G. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Hp 301 Black Cartridge, Low Page Yield 3mls (Starter Cartridge)
When HP sell you a new printer (Deskjet 3050) they only give you starter cartridges with it which hold a very small amount of ink in them Hp 301 black 3ml and the Hp 301 colour 9ml cartridge. I was using about 3 black and 2 colour cartridge per month and it was costing me a small fortune. I later found out that Hp do higher yield versions of the 301 cartridges, which cost...
Published on 20 Nov. 2011 by STEVEN

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible. Really disappointed as had used this supplier before, 15 July 2014
This review is from: HP 301 - Black Ink Cartridge (CH561EE) (Office Product)
Terrible. Really disappointed as had used this supplier before. Ink arrived and was marked with a sticker as Black Ink on the box but the box and the contents were of a tri coloured ink cartridge. I then looked at other reviews and this happened to a lot of other people who were also having subsequent problems with returns. I kept it as I will eventually use it but it was not what I ordered and paid for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought a black one, received colour, 4 Jun. 2014
This review is from: HP 301 - Black Ink Cartridge (CH561EE) (Office Product)
Ordered a black ink cartridge, received a colour one, only noticed after opening it. It was the second wrong item bought from this company in 2 days. In the first case, they sent me the wrong black cartridge. Both had a label on the back saying 'HP 301 black ink catridge', both were something else entirely. They should get their act together, really.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor product, 19 Mar. 2011
This review is from: HP 301 - Black Ink Cartridge (CH561EE) (Office Product)
Unusual for an Amazon product but this cartridge ran out of ink after less than 25 pages. It could be that it was beyond the sell-by date or that it had been stored in an inappropriate environment. I will have to buy a replacement cartridge immediately

1.0 out of 5 stars A Fraudulent Product, 20 April 2013
This review is from: HP 301 - Black Ink Cartridge (CH561EE) (Office Product)
I bought this cartridge (what I thought to be a genuine(HP 301 black cartridge) in good faith in Feb 2013. I have hardly used at all and discovered it is now empty. This can only be one of two things. It is not what it is supposed to be or it is defective. I want a replacement or a refund. Given the time I have had it can hardly be because the ink had evaporated. And since it is a relatively low cost item (£8.99)it is unlikely to be some scam on my part. I don't care about the 30 days limit I feel amazon who I do a lot of business with must play fair here.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 26 Jun. 2012
This review is from: HP 301 - Black Ink Cartridge (CH561EE) (Office Product)
These printer cartridges were advertised at a very good price so much so I ordered two of them. However, when I inserted the first one in the printer yesterday it came up with "Printer Cartridge missing or not detected". So I tried inserting the other new one in and the same message appeared. I am very disappointed at this and have never had this problem before with printer cartridges via Amazon, hopefully this is just a one off. Have sent the cartridges back and am expecting a full refund. I am now awaiting a good cartridge as am dreadfully low on ink!

1.0 out of 5 stars dissapointed, 21 July 2013
This review is from: HP 301 - Black Ink Cartridge (CH561EE) (Office Product)
I had this product for 2 days and the ink ran out (bare in mind that I didn't print a lot of paper).

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine cartridges, 22 May 2013
Having previously bought ink cartridges of ebay, I was a bit skeptical about buying online. I needn't have worried as these are genuine ink cartridges. Very pleased. Would definitely recommend .

1.0 out of 5 stars NO INK, 13 Jan. 2013
J. Wood "reader" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP 301 - Black Ink Cartridge (CH561EE) (Office Product)
No ink in the cartdrige, I buy them in advance so that I have one in if I run out and I put it into the printer and for ages thought something was wrong with my printer, then sent out to town for another cartridge, popped that one in and all was fine. Faulty cartridge Icouldn't return because I had had it over 30 days and can't do anything about it.
I buy original HP as I dont trust refurbs, these cartidges were no better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 4 Jan. 2012
I had orderd a new colour cartridge for £8.60. When cartridge was loaded, however, the ink had almost gone. I found this strange as the cartridge I had ordered was new. A waste of money and I shall not be ordering printer ink of Amazon again in case the same happens. Disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars The ink I received is the correct type for my ..., 26 Oct. 2014
The ink I received is the correct type for my printer (HP Envy All-in-one 5530) as I have bought it many times with no problems. However I have installed the ink and it is saying that it is incompatible with my printer and will not allow me to use my printer for scanning, printing or any other means. This is a massive inconvenience as a university student who needs to print off essays and coursework. There is also no way of contacting HP directly to question about the problem and ask for a refund/replacement. I have tried both through Amazon and through their website, but over the weekend they are not available. Truly unhelpful!